Unable to add 2-step verification

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Pizoi, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Pizoi New Member

I'm thinking about coming back to play after being away for a couple years. When I tried to login to my account, it stated my account needed additional security and verification added in order to play "due to unusual activity" on the account.

In the enhanced security section of the website, it says "2-Step Verification is currently: REQUIRED". After entering the answer to my security question it asks for a phone number, after which it says "We are unable to update your security settings. Please try again later."

I tried a dozen or so times last night, and again today, but to no avail. Has anyone else encountered this issue? I'd hate to have to start a new account, as this one is old as dirt.
    The Reaper_ and yabbadabbadoo like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

File a petition. You may need to make a free account to get logged into the help area to file it

For a brief time in the past (2015 & 2017 and likely other times) the error message about adding 2 step was a bug/system failure and it would never go thru. They corrected it.

I would say with the current issues other players are also reporting about not being able to verify email that there is definitely an issue going on again.

However the other possibly is your account is being reviewed for a possible ban.
  3. Pizoi New Member

I finally got a reply to my petition stating that the reason it wasn't working is because Canadian phone numbers aren't supported. (?????)

I hit up one of my friends in California and tried using his phone number, but I get the exact same error message. Is anyone willing to try adding an SMS 2-step verification to their account (temporarily at least) to see if this issue extends beyond me?

Please and thanks!
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Makes sense that it will still throw up an error since the California phone number is not matching your Canadian address.

Are you in Canada?

How about going thru Steam?
  5. Pizoi New Member

I am in Canada, and going through steam makes no difference, nor loading directly into the EQ client and foregoing the launcher.

Are you able to set this up on your account without error?
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I am not willing to test it out since from what I have seen and helping people thru the errors it has it causes the users nothing but trouble, sorry.

All the account info has to match as to where you made the account originally.

So if it was made in US then everything has to be US - zip code, phone number etc and the bank account/cc that your using has to be US also.

If it was set up in Canada then same thing - all info has to match.

The only way to change that is if you ask them to change your country thru the petition.

I would suggest sending a PM to Dreamweaver to see what he could help you with or pave the way.

Although this info in the link below is 2 years old and it is about EQ II - it is still relevant
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/moved-to-canada-and-cant-re-subscribe.588769/

I hope something in all this helps
  7. FrodeEQ Journeyman

I got the same thing. After the maintenance I got a message on the game launcher talking about suspicious behavior and that I needed to attach a number. However upon doing so, I get an error "we are unable to update your security settings. Please try again later". Weird enough because I did get a text message with a code.

I filed a petition and that's over 2 days old now. Have not been able to play ever since the maintenance. This is madness just a few days removed from PoP on Aradune. Zero updates on the ticket and one if left guessing on what happened, and what is going to happen to the account.

I understand when you try to resurrect a 15 year old account it may take some time or not be one of their highest priorities. But I have been playing since last year and are now blocked for whatever reason.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  8. The Reaper_ New Member

Also encountering the same. Would be nice to have some official comma that they are looking into it as well as an update when it’s fixed
  9. Bathory’s Warlords New Member

Same deal hope it’s fixed soon
  10. FrodeEQ Journeyman

I have not been able to log in now for 6 days. My ticket also have been open for 6 days without a single response. This is absolutely not acceptable. On Aradune the PoP expansion is about the launch and with the maintenance included it's been over week where I have not been able to play.
  11. The Reaper_ New Member

I am in the same boat as you friend. I did receive a note about them looking into the issue among other things and an apology but it will just have to wait. Bad timing for us.