Ultra-casual Server Suggestion : Remove recommended and required levels completely

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by MarttinPH, Jan 31, 2019.

1. MarttinPH Augur

I think it would be super fun to have a server where individuals can equip whatever armor and weapons they want at any level. I know some might have a problem with this as it would super trivialize content depending on the level of the original armor and the content being done. But I saw nay! What is the difference between a level 85 wearing the armor and curbstopping it and a level 60 that can still get experience?
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

I mean at some point you just need to go ahead and buy a max level toon and get it over with.
  3. snailish Augur

OP raises an interesting point.

I think rec level gear is kind of a silly mechanic. Lot of gear is trash because the rec level makes it not so great in the 30-40 range when you would maybe want it (thinking of some Luclin to LoY stuff).

Required level makes a bit more sense, as long as the req. level matches up reasonably with the intended level to get the drop.

However, no drop would solve a lot of issues in the Pre-GoD game in respects to the top 10% drama loot camps. Yes, one consequence would be a greater appetite for a free trade server. I see that as a positive.
  4. ForumBoss Augur

I think this would help equalize values item values and spread people around on a free-trade server, so I think this idea could be fun. It wouldn't really affect the game when the server is new, but people could catch up a little faster while the server is older. Catching up is fairly trivial once defiant drops anyway, and even more so when mercs do.
  5. Quill Augur

I think it would actually be a fun idea. Be like D3 with ultra-twink gear, where you get like 10 levels a kill and are in your 50's in like 5 minutes. That's not that much different from a DS PL off a Bard, Cleric or Druid, tbh.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Item database is global for all servers though. I'm no expert, but this sounds like it would require server specific coding for a feature with at best niche appeal. Wouldn't count on it.
    Nolrog likes this.
  7. Nolrog Augur

They may be able to implement something but many of these suggestions over the last week or so would require a lot of additional coding, so they are unlikely to be implemented, especially for something with niche appeal like this.
  8. Febb Augur

If you want to play god mode, go start an server of your own. The designers would never agree to letting people wear armor that's way over powered for their level.