Not A Bug UI problem: 'locked' windows can still be destroyed

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Herf, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Herf Augur

I've had this happen to me many times and finally saw how it happened.

I have locked window with multiple tabs (loot, spells, chat tabs.) I'm often switching between them on raids and doing so rapidly. Sometimes the window (with all tabs) just disappears.

What is happening: when I'm clicking on the rightmost tab sometimes I miss (due to human or mouse reasons) and click on the little 'x' in the upper right corner of all windows.

What should happen: if the window is explicitly set to Locked via the window drop down the 'x' to close the window should print or popup a warning saying something like "Window is locked. Unlock? Yes/No". Or even easier just print a red diagnostic text in the "always chat here" tab/window telling the user to Unlock the window if they want to close it. If "always chat here" isn't set, then the current window/tab should get the message.

Please consider this a bug. When losing windows in the middle of a raid and having chat and loot in particular to to random windows (or not be assigned to any?) it's REALLy annoying.

Thanks!
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

Locked prevents a window from being resized/moved. If we couldnt close locked windows then bags and inventory would never close (or open?). Lock should not prevent a window from closing. This isnt a bug.
    klanderso likes this.
  3. Spacemonkey555 Augur

I think it’s reasonable to want different behavior for bags vs chat windows. We have a close/open all bags hotkey already.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

Yes its reasonable to request a new feature, but when its working as designed its not a bug and they want requests posted in other forums.
    klanderso likes this.