UI help (scaling)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Phiyre, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Phiyre Augur

So, I came back to eq some time back and play randomly here and there. When I first came back, it took quite a bit of time to get things just how I wanted them to look. After quite some time, I noticed that my social animations weren't working so I went into the configuration options and selected social animations. I am not sure why they stopped working but anyhow, checking that box made them work again. Sadly, when I logged in to the game though, my resolution was all hosed. After going through pretty much every option, I can't get it back to what it was before. Everything looks right but the spell cast bar, size of the hot buttons, and the spell bar that has all the icons on it for casting. Those things are a lot smaller than they were.I tired to disable social animations and go through the resolutions again to see if I would get lucky but no go. Is there a way to change your cast bar size/hot button size etc? I didn't use anything out of eq to modify my ui, so I thought it should be easy to get it looking how it used to, but no go.
    Looking for ideas/suggestions.. I can't stand playing w/ such small buttons.
    Thanks
  2. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

In game, ALT O. You can set your video resolution in the settings.
  3. Khat_Nip Meow

As far as hotbuttons are concerned, you can change their size (by percentage) by hovering over them, holding right-click until the menu appears and then choose, "Change Size".
    Phiyre likes this.
  4. Phiyre Augur

First off, thanks for the suggestion.
    I did try that though. I actually changed it to pretty much every available resolution one by one. Still can't get my buttons/spell icons/cast bar etc to be the right size w/o distorting everything else :/ It just stinks because it was perfect how it was.. Not sure how it got so borked since I have only used eq default ui :(
  5. Phiyre Augur

I will try that Khat_Nip, Thanks for the suggestion!
  6. Phiyre Augur

The resizing the hotbuttons helped some. If only there was a way to get my spell bar/cast bar etc back to what they were.. Too odd. Oh well though, can't expect much from a game this old I guess..
  7. Markkuss New Member

What resolution are you running in? The way I have my UI set right now, it gets messed up only if I try to use a resolution lower than what I had set it up for. Going to a higher resolution just spreads things out and makes them smaller. There are some other threads where people have been working on getting the UI scaled to 4k, perhaps there is some information there that will help you.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ui-on-a-4k-monitor.233621/