[UI feature request] Turn tribute off if AFK

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vanrau, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Vanrau Augur

I think this is something many people can get behind for those who forget to turn their tribute off and go AFK. Want do you guys think?
    TheQxx and Brohg like this.
  2. Koutarou Elder

If this gets done, please also turn guild tribute off automagically if no one with permission to deactivate it is online.
    Brohg likes this.
  3. Fendy Augur

I would change that to tribute turns off when the player goes afk or logs off. Great idea.
    complexication and Fanra like this.
  4. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

[IMG]

I'd settle for something like this as a default piece. A product of wiznut over at EQInterface. The 10:00 is your personal tribute countdown. Put a guild tribute countdown on it as well and it would be golden from my point of view.

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=5597
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Brohg Augur

Definitely trib auto off on afk, definitely deactivate guildtrib when the last person with control afk/logs. Both Excellent ideas.
  6. Elricvonclief Augur

I fully agree, this would be a great thing to implement.
  7. sojuu Augur

Id rather it be turned off when zoning
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

wish they change the time from 10 min to 30 mins and add a check box to auto/manually use
  9. complexication Kassina

I'd actually like that idea, along with trib turning itself off automatically once a character camps out of game.

I wasn't exactly pleased to camp out of game after a raid and log in the next morning with only 79k tribute when I had over 300k.
  10. Obiwon Elder

I am a bit split.

Personally, I don't think everything needs to be automated which is what seems like is happening now. I get the auto AFK on my toons who are not really afk, auto grant so all of a sudden everyone has 6k aa making working for aa seem pointless, and much else has been dumbed down for us. I know, I am sure my opinion will meet with much "distain" from those who love those.

Does everything have to be? I have lost 10's of thousands of Tribute myself making the mistake, which hurt a lot more back when Tribute actually took effort to get. I am a much more casual player than I was back in the day and I could still easily hand in 100K worth of Tribute points each week (really in about 4 hours of goofing off).

Nowadays, it flows in so fast that many people I know never turn it off purposefully.

I would rather see a Tribute Master put into the GL or POK so I would not have to go to home town or have my alt toons belong to a guild that has a paid for gulid hall, than have the auto tribute AFK feature added. Just my 2c.

Not really against it, but in some ways if we are going to do this, why not just give everyone auto tribute all the time just like they did with the auto aa grant feature?