In Progress Custom spell icons revert to default while on cursor

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Diani, May 18, 2023.

1. Diani Augur

I use custom spell icons.

A minor issue is that when I drag a spell from my spellbook to my spell bar the icon used while dragging the spell is the standard one, not my custom one.
    Metanis, Fanra, Angahran and 4 others like this.
  2. SoroxDrinal Elder

Same issue. If you move a spell using drag/drop from spellbook slot to spellgem slot or move a spellgem slot to a hotbar slot, the icon attached to the cursor changes to the default icon set rather than the custom set (original EQ icons).

Here is an example where I clicked on vinelash assault in slot10 and the cursor icon doesn't match the icon set.
    https://imgur.com/a/36IRXpg
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This is a known issue: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...21-2023-new-ui-bugs-only.289569/#post-4205931

Unfortunately, Darkpaw did not list the ones that are still issues in the Game Update Notes: May 17, 2023.
  4. Allayna Augur

[IMG]

Example of the above comments - this is me clicking my old spell gem brells and holding as if to place on a hotbutton bar. It uses the default gems.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Drakah UI Designer

The icons are not the same when you pick up an item.
    If you have a modified DDS/TGA file, for example, for recolored bag icons, the icon on your mouse cursor will display the icon from the Default folder, and not the one that was modified for the UI.
    This is also the case for Spell Icons.
    If you use a UI with custom Spell Icons, and you pick up a Spell Icon, the Icon on your Mouse Pointer will be the Icon from Default, and not from your Custom UI.
    See Image below.
    [IMG]
  6. Emilari UI Designer

I'm also witnessing this. It's quite jarring for anyone that uses alternate spell gems; which DPG provides two different sets of spell gems, and this issue can also be noticed when using the "Classic Item Icons" so it's technically affecting the default UI as well.

It also occurs when you are left clicking and holding down a spell gem to put it on your cursor if you're going to attach it to a hotkey bar, or left clicking to remove a spell gem from a hotkey bar.
  7. Cyphren Journeyman

It's not just Icons. Picking up socials/Combat Skills etc changes to the blurry text when picked up too.
  8. klanderso Developer

So there's two different issues at play here. One is that when you use /loadskin for new gems, they revert back to the original when picked up. The second is that when you right-click > assign icon they revert back to the original when picked up.

At the moment, this is half fixed. Right-click > assign icon has been fixed internally to show the correct icon when picked up. That fix should be out in the next big update.

The other one (related to /loadskin) is still in the works and has turned into a moderately convoluted beast. It may take a little longer, but it's not being forgotten.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

This is still not fixed.

Strength of the Gladewalker is showing the aweful default spell gem (dog head and body with green background) when picked up instead of the beautiful old spell icon (dog head on white background) I have in my book :)