Ugh, not *another* returning player thread!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mintalie, Oct 1, 2018.

1. Mintalie Augur

How much has the game changed in three years? How much has the player base shrunk? I'm worried I'll be overwhelmed with catching up.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I know it's not a lot to go on. I really want to know if the game feels the same three years later...
  2. Sancus Augur

I think the population has been pretty stable since late TDS/TBM. Maybe a little lower, but not incomparably so. I think both EoK and RoS were much better expansions than TBM.

EoK had a fair number of mechanical changes, RoS was mostly the same stuff just bumped up to 110. EoK/RoS come with a significant, but not insurmountable, number of AAs. The degree of change probably depends on your class (Mages saw more than others, but in a positive way).

You'll probably be overwhelmed at first, but it's the same game with the same general content, mechanics, and concepts.
  3. Mintalie Augur

That was a beautiful answer and exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you, fellow mage!
    Sancus likes this.
  4. Rickate Augur

In terms of group content pay the $15ish for RoS, kill a few mobs and ding 106, search Conflag in Bazaar, also the Wrapped Conflag augs if you go Gold, if you don't go Gold your EM focus will drop to 18 unless you have Bonespike Earring in your bank or recovery tab.

Type 5 augs will be the main source of short term upgrade, if you have a bunch of Remnant of Tranquility that's a bonus, the Conflag gear is mostly similar to what you have now. Your BP is better than Conflag until you ding 110 assuming you go Gold, you may want to keep your Raid Legs and Arms and definitely keep your Raid Shoulders if you go Gold.
    Mintalie likes this.
  5. Allayna Augur

And Mages are sitting pretty, cmon back Mint!
    Mintalie likes this.
  6. IblisTheMage Augur

Welcome back to The Greatest Game Ever Made ;-).
    Mintalie likes this.
  7. Mintalie Augur

There is zero percent chance of not going Gold if I come back. ;) Thanks for the handy tips.
  8. Denial_Sinfae Augur

3 years gone takes about 3 months to catch up if you go back to addict-grind-mode.

Ask me how I know. :oops:

*Edit: If you box. I imagine it could suck getting others to go back and do TBM missions- some of those cheeves for aug I was unable to box.
    Mintalie likes this.
  9. Mintalie Augur

I *do* box, so in an ideal world I would be able to do most things myself. Just unsure that I can commit to addict-grind-mode again, for myriad reasons.
  10. Tolzol Augur

Just hit your favorite zerker up and he will give you a hand catching up. And maybe we can talk a certain someone else into coming back to xegony. /eyes Renaii
    Mintalie likes this.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

You picked a goodish time to return. While pet Cheese has endured a lot of nerfs over the years it’s still quite viable, and Mages are in a very nice spot currently for deeps. May change with a new expansion that’s supposedly fire elemental themed, but still!
    Mintalie likes this.
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Welcome back, Mintalie!
    Mintalie likes this.
  13. Mintalie Augur

... but no Oxford comma?!
  14. Tanols Augur

Welcome back! Wasn't guilded with you for long but what memories I have are fond ones.:)

When you come back don't be shocked by how many new AA you will need to max out. A large number of them are for tradeskills.
    New cap on them is 350 and once you learn what you have to do to get them to 350 it could send you running for the hills as fast as your feet will carry you.

Once you hit level 110, acquire a full set of Conflagrant gear from Bazaar not sure what prices are like on Xegony but on BB it would cost you about 1 to 1.5 mil plat. Any guild that clears RoS raids in a single night, could potentially fully raid gear an app / returning player in one night. For non tanks Phlogiston (Conflagrant upgraded with raid dropped mat) set is very adequate. Approximately 250 AC 2500 HPME, 10 points to all heroics and mod 2's less than the chest dropped only visible set.
    Mintalie likes this.
  15. Mintalie Augur

This is enough to make me weep bitter, bitter tears. :eek:
  16. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Haha, I thought about putting it there but decided I'd leave it there for the critics. We're not writing in MLA 8 here, we're posting on a message board. I grew tired of putting people on ignore nitpicking grammar so I figured the sig would just cause me to end up on their ignore instead which was the goal. Forum Quest is so much better this way. :)
    Mintalie likes this.
  17. Mintalie Augur

Hilarious, I like your style.
  18. Mintalie Augur

What's the quickest way to get an upgraded Enhanced Minion earring?
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Make a conflagrant group pet ear, then loot 2 raid diamonds and tradeskill yourself EM25. Prickle is kinda rarish and might take awhile depending on RNG, but 6 diamonds drop every RoS raid win and for most raid guilds the demand isn’t very high given that they always drop.
    Mintalie likes this.
  20. CrazyLarth Augur

Mintalie likes this.