UEE & Venenium

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mintalie, May 31, 2019.

1. Mintalie Augur

Curious for those who have beaten UEE, how many of your people are using Venenium for the poison cures?
  2. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Just the Sentinal people
  3. Lianeb Augur

We encourage not to self cure, unless absolutely have to.

Even our hallway team has a paladin on it for banes stray mephits but most importantly cures.
  4. Horyuken Augur

I haven't even bothered to check, are anyTDS raids super easy to farm the required 750 to buy this ?
  5. Wiz76 New Member

In Every encounter for this raid I've had to personally cure 1x exactly. I agree with Lianeb
  6. Nudia Augur

It's handy but entirely random who has it for us. In a mindset I both understand and disagree with, we do not go back as a guild for things like Venenium, Eyes, etc, which means that things like this are handy, but not required.

Everyone has potions if they need them. We only have one moment in the raid where a majority of people may not have a cure given to them anyway.

If you don't have coverage on people away from the center, bring people closer and work faster. Free strat right there!
    Axxius and Mintalie like this.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Why would you encourage not to self cure, other than dummies curing right away and not swinging at the boss (looking at you priests).
  8. Lianeb Augur

So we can point at the paladins and laugh when they wipe the raid.

Seriously though it is easier to have 2 Paladins curing the whole raid, verse a melee trying to find a Curse cure that one time they need both and can't use the poison cure clickie or potion, and eat a DT or miss cure nuke us
  9. Ryino Elder

I have it, was on sentinel team for a while and then back with the main raid. I use it 1 or 2 times per raid, if I zone in after the event has triggered and at 25%. Otherwise it's easier to just hug the pally and keep on burning.

On sentinel team I used it a ton, was just easier to click that than it was to ask for a cure.
  10. Allayna Augur

As Lianeb said, it’s far easier to hold 2 people accountable vs 54.

That being said....EVERY. MS. PALADIN. Has blown up the raid at least once, usually to so lagged an encounter/instance that the curse landed on the Paladin as the splash was curing!
  11. tyrantula Elder

I nuked our raid @ 2% with no deaths so far, and minutes left. People were mad until someone nuked us next attempt at 0%.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Sancus Augur

Did you cause this?

[IMG]
    Jondalar and Cailen like this.
  13. tyrantula Elder

How embarrassing...
    Cailen likes this.
  14. Cailen Augur

Yup sentinel group.... big bane boppin. I click it alot
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

We actually started doing Arx as a guild during beta after running this raid a few times this fall. We wanted to give folks the opportunity to easily cure themselves incase they were just out of range of Pally cures. As stated above, everyone in Sentinel group had one. I’m in that group and I clicked Venenium a bunch. Be in range of the cure was always the main strategy. In all the runs from March to June I recall a Venenium click causing a wipe maybe 2 or 3 times, so people were hyper vigilant at checking bard buff window, first. Pet heals caused more wipes haha
  16. Cicelee Augur

A beastlord wiped s third of the raid last week on one of our attempts, leading to an overall wipe. We were not sure what caused it until we realized it was, to our surprise, a pet heal.

Forgot about those cure poison counters on those single target pet heals!!!
    DaciksBB likes this.
  17. Thunderkiks Augur

As a monk I have it and I use it when I'm away from the pack. Most of the time we are cured by someone else. I prefer to have any cures I can use. I also have the Shield of Immaculate light for disease. I carry cure potions as well for times I'm running and can't stop to cast.
  18. Metapsyche Augur

As a Paladin, I’m proud to say I’ve blown up the raid once lol. Generally we encourage self cures when you’re getting into your hallway at the 25% transition. Otherwise I would prefer people let the Paladins do their job. I can say that every Paladin we have has also blown the raid up once... some of them twice *glares*. Tyrantula’s was by far my favorite explosion lol. Poor guy almost never makes a mistake, finally we have something to tease him about.
    tyrantula likes this.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I'll take a mea culpa on this one. I must have been thinking of the venenium recast. I never use potions so didn't realize it was 60 seconds.

Our paladins are pretty good about it. One of us did it the other day, had the wrong cure loaded. One has never done it. I did it twice, the first day we were there, my own fault for trying to get too cute on one (was trying to stagger splashes to catch any missed people, so cast right as debuff landed on me), and then just miss clicked (curse and splash cures right next to each other), but never after that.
  20. Mintalie Augur

If I'm correct, there's really only one time when you *need* to cure yourself and cannot rely on pallies.

And yet people still can't even do that.

I have a Venenium with a hotkey to target myself and cast it when I get poison. It works amazingly well.
    svann likes this.