Uber Level 52 Twink for PVE and PVP

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ~Mills~, Jan 18, 2014.

1. ~Mills~ Augur

Recently back into the game and don't really care for what the game has become in the last few expansions. A friend has been working on a super twink for awhile and after reading into a few recent posts here I wanted to start playing around with an uber twink myself to fill my playtime. I will have quite a bit of time to dedicate to this as well as access to a few friends level 100 raid geared characters. So can assume I will be able to get anything I want eventually even if its locked behind content or quests that might not be doable for a normal level 52 character. This character would be staying around this level when finished so time wasted on an item is fine since he will have it forever.

I have all the time in the world and lots of resources to farm him any super twink item. So what do you guys think would make the ultimate twink at level 52 and why? Want to know the rational behind it to find out about stuff I don't remember or have heard about before.

Would it be a rogue with equifinis, backstab and mace of the ancients?
    Bard with equifinis, 60% haste, annul and spell book advantage?
    A berserker with Diamond Tipped war javelin, snare and stun?
    Monk?
    Or some other class because of some spell, clicky or procs I am not aware of?

Curious to find out about something I might have left out before I set down this path. Right now I have to think bard or monk would be tough to beat but berserker might be pretty killer.
  2. code-zero Augur

exactly what do you mean by twink?

IIRC a twink was an extremely low level character given something like the old fungi tunic and copper hammer of smiting back when those were the hot items to have.

If you mean that you're getting a well equipped level 52 then I am still not sure what you're shooting for

I know that on some of the old Zek servers that people would get an epic for a rogue and then delevel to 10 be able to gank level 6 characters as soon as they could be engaged.
  3. Tharrg Augur

Well use this guys armor for a comparison.... of what to get.... http://eq.magelo.com/profile/13186

I have also heard that you can get into Vegarlson, The Earthen Badlands... if you can.. (catn remember if need to be 60 or just 50...) you could pick up Earthen Fists.. the Monk pet weapon.. its REcommended 62.. so usable at level 52.. not sure if procs work at 52.. but hey.. if you are going to twink.. twink well
  4. ~Mills~ Augur

Sorry thought twinking was still a common term. A lower character that has gotten much more powerful gear then could normally be had on their own. I am looking for ideas about which classes would be best if the character was going to stay level 52 forever once finished and had access to the best gear for that level. As I said I think bard would be very powerful as would monk and berserker but wanted to here outside thoughts. Friend that has been doing this for quite awhile has a monk much like the linked so not sure I want to repeat it.

Stuff like:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=30590
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=21008
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=26015
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=7710
  5. Tharrg Augur

Thats why I posted that Link.. that is what I call an ultra twink Monk level 52....
  6. Tharrg Augur

7. Forcallen Augur

I have a pretty sick monk that I have worked on for a few years. Before AA melee tend to fair better long run as no matter how twinked casters are the high single target dps will drain their mana. I am told that a bard is pretty sick as well with selo's, debuffs and fast dispells. Best bet even for pve is to search old pvp threads for ideas. Lots of strats and rare clickies to know about.
  8. Lighteningrod Augur

9. ~Mills~ Augur

Why? I realize harm touch is very powerful but when thats down I don't feel their spells or melee would do much?
  10. code-zero Augur

I will say that with debuffs, the ability to strip buffs, speed and a number of other things that Bards are deceptively nasty in PvP

BTW what's the deal with level 52? that you can kill the old world dragons?
  11. Lighteningrod Augur

Because.
  12. ~Mills~ Augur

Old world dragons and just a lot of fun older content to do at that level. It is also before all the madness starts as far as AA and when classes started changing and stuff started to go haywire as far as balancing and pvp.

At this point I am leaning monk or bard. Have been told sk are lethal with harmtouch but seems like your good once an hour or whatever the refresh is then just average the rest of the time or a pally which is basically unkillable and can trivialize just about anything with stuns. There I am concerned about the slow dps always at the price of stun and heals.
  13. Torriadore Elder

Is this on FV or not, and are you willing to delevel? Those 2 factors can influence your options.
  14. ~Mills~ Augur

I am not opposed to deleveling since I want this to be a long time consuming task. Won't be on FV. But I am not looking for items so to speak as I can do some searching and dig up what I need. I was more interested in ideas for classes and why. The why might be because of an item or some spells or a proc that is limited to a class.
  15. eqzekisdead Augur

Sk has been the best for pvp and naggy/vox farming.

https://eq.magelo.com/profile/1783475

The server is super dead so I don't think I will ever get a chance to use him against a challenging opponent.
  16. EnchFWO Augur

If you want to do this EZmode then start with a heroic, do the T5 journeyman merc quest, get a necro to sac you (or just kill yourself) down to 52, collect items. It's impossible otherwise for you to get that level of a merc sub 85 (but you can keep it if you are already flagged at any level). You will be in god mode with a healer merc if you go melee. My 2cp on it. I know you wanted class/gear but if you do that with a merc it won't matter provided the character can take a hit or has a pet. Personally, I did it with a Pally but that's only because I already had one >100 I didn't care about deleveling. Still worked well.

If you go caster then Enchanter is probably pretty boss because of charm.

Edit: All of my opinions are solely based on PVE. I do not have any PVP experience. Just FYI.
  17. Reval Augur

Back in the day pvp wise a mage with the epic at 52 was really good, but vs the gear of today I would probably go with a berserker for pvp at 52.
  18. Brohg Augur

three and a half YEARS ago, guys. jfc
  19. EnchFWO Augur

OMG this made me laugh so much. I never pay attention to dates on posts that are on pg. 1. No clue why it was necro rezzed but still helpful for anyone trying to do Vox/Naggy now due to achievements~!

:D
  20. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I started twinking a lvl 1 just for the hell of it, other then Seru/other Luclin mobs anyone have suggestions for good lvl 1 twink gear?