Type of belt for Hybrids

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Cuil, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Cuil New Member

What belt do you prefer for your hybrid?

post here please!
  2. Israfel Elder

Hello Cuil,

Most hybrids use the Boon of the Seeress belt. It is a small fixed passive 500 damage increase to nearly all of your procs and some alternate abilities. It is especially nice when grouped with a bard because they will both increase your weapon proc rate and likely sing songs that provide you with an additional proc or two. When using this effect, you should be weilding weapons with damage with damaging proc abilities and place augs that provide an additional damaging proc.

I think that Threads or Potential was updated somewhat recently. I don’t know much about this effect, but I would assume that it might be an option for rangers that are bowing and spamming summers. For all I know, it might be a better effect in all scenarios for non-bard hybrids. I’m sure someone will chime in and let us know.

Overdrive punch is generally considered a weak option and is generally avoided.

Some hybrids might keep a belt with a defensive prod in their bags for soloing (I do), but in general the other options are better unless you find yourself face tanking mobs more often than not and feel like you need the defense.

I suppose if you found yourself healing a ton, the soother effect could be useful, but I’m doubtful that many hybrids use it. Could you have one I your bags for that once in a million chance that you are solo healing a group? Sure, I guess. However, at that point you’ve got far worse things to worry about than what belt you are wearing :)

Lastly, some hybrids might prefer to use weapons that proc reactive heals. This is a legitimate play style and one of the more infamous boxers, Tuccoh, does this. If you like to play that way, the Boon of the Seeress belt is likely not the best option. I’d imagine that Threads of Potential (for non-bards) would be better, and if I had to guess overdrive punch would still be a downgrade. Overdrive punch likely needs an upgrade. Just to note, I don’t really recommend this technique for bards because we lack the healing focus AAs that other hybrids get.

I hope the this helps.
  3. Fohpo Augur

Is it still the added proc damage belt? I know at one point rangers (and I think bst's) were using Runed Bolster Belt from TBM - but at this point it might get outparced. Don't quote me on that though, I haven't played a hybrid like that since early RoS.