Type 3 mods TBL evolves

Discussion in 'Melee' started by shintaaro, Aug 25, 2020.

1. shintaaro New Member

Howdy Folks,

Anyone know why the Type 3 slots were omitted from the TBL evolves? A lot of us melee (both monk and rogue and I suspect other classes) still use type 3 mods on our gear. The freeti boots alone lose Monks 15 Flying Kick and when you factor in the shoulders (no type 3) and earring (no type 3) thats more potential Flying Kick loss depending on where you have your mods slotted and monks again lose 12 Tiger Claw on the TBL Evolve gloves. I noticed the Rallos evolving ear has the Type 3 slot, any chance of getting the type 3 slots added to the TBL evolves or reason why they were left out ? Thats fine if they were forgotten to be added but at least give us the option of adding FK/Backstab back on them via the Zeb type 3's.
  2. Duder Augur

They weren't forgotten because it has been discussed and they are well aware. However, I am unsure if they were initially omitted intentionally. It has been discussed around the boards numerous times since TBL's release including developer input. Try the search feature of the boards, I don't have a link off hand. =(

Also, the FK mod(s) you are concerned about are inconsequential. (And the devs have communicated this as well). It adds 15 damage to your kicks. Not base damage. 15 damage after all the other is said and done with. So if it was a 1,000,000 dmg kick without the 15fk mod, it'd be 1,000,015 with it.
  3. Monkman Augur

feeltheburn likes this.
  4. Sarcogian Augur

My personal opinion on type 3's is theyre only worthwhile now for timer reduction, but raid events don't last long enough for some of those discs to cycle through for reuse anyway.
    Duder likes this.
  5. Monkman Augur

Totally agree Sarcogian, I think the OP was discussing the FK and TC mods from SOD, which amount to a tiny tiny amount of damage nowadays.
  6. shintaaro New Member

Thats easy then I'll bin them. Though if they are so inconsequential now why do they still remain on both Visible group and raid slots? FK / Backstab / Tiger Claw / Frenzy etc...
  7. Zolav Augur

Heck the frenzy mod ones I put in my gear (Berzerker) have been useless for some time and I am also over the cap on frenzy BUT for some reason I always keep them in my gear lol. Old habits die hard.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Every time they're missing, a few certain people that have no clue how useless they are - no matter how much it's explained freak out for weeks until they're put back in.
    Duder and feeltheburn like this.
  9. Astral64 Augur

[IMG]
    Duder likes this.