Type 3 Augs:

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Piemastaj, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Piemastaj Augur

So with the new mantra of new gear and stuff every 3-4 months can we please get a new way to remove these? 400+ loyalty to remove it safely or destroy your old item and buy another for 15k is absurd imho. If you like getting gear and plan on buying gear through-out (like most people do) then your talking about 3 to 4 full changes per year of these augs.

When we got all of the content up front it was 1-2 changes max because you did not necessarily need to get every piece of gear per tier to advance safely. Normal aug distillers got a reduced price, can perfected get one also? Or possibly get a new aug distiller that is like 500p per?

I am unsure how this effects Melee classes, but it puts Casters in a rough situation all year around.
    Fanra, Ishtass, Luft and 5 others like this.
  2. Kamea Augur

I agree with making them removable and/or lowering the price of the perfected distiller.

I also think that purity augs, and minor type 3's like SOD era bash/kick/etc augs should also become removable. I think the idea of unremovable augs you had to farm every expansion was flawed in the first place, and the concept was pretty much defeated when they added perfected distillers. And staggered releases only makes this flaw more of an annoyance.
  3. BoomWalker Augur

Expect someone to suggest to buy bags of plat and just destroy them...but it would be nice to have a way to remove them...given the significant changes to the other augs recently.
  4. Insaneox Augur

This also has an effect on groupers as well as raiders. The constant flux of new gear and swapping slot 3 augments in and out is crazy. We have to keep buying chrono's and destroying 13-15k slot 3's all the time. Not that platinum is super hard to come but this whole process is annoying. Give the new slot 3's that effect our skills a distiller type like the old Ldon slot 3's. Adding a distiller type for the slot 3's off vendor in Void would rock as well.

Otherwise lower the cost of the perfected off loyaltiy vendor. At current flux of new gear no one can keep up with them via loyality coins. Our gear is getting adjusted to fast to keep up.
  5. EQbud Augur

1. You don't HAVE to have the type 3 augs.
    2. They are intended to be a plat sink.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Kamea Augur

When devs lowered the cost of aug distillers, they made a conscious decision that augs shouldn't be as much as a play sink as they were in the past. It'd be appropriate for them to apply this to type 3's as well.

Mind you, they already removed most the time sink tied to type 3's, since they rarely require any faction or flags to buy lately.
  7. Piemastaj Augur

Do they increase your character's abilities? Are they beneficial to your game play? Both of those answers are yes. Meaning you're going to use the augs. SOE intends for players to use these augs (Aristo asks every Beta for new ideas and such on type 3 augs). The whole plat sink went out the window when SOE revamped the aug system and lowered every distiller to under 400 plat.

If you can not see that paying 15k 3 to 4 times PER aug, or 400+ loyalty PER aug 3 or 4 times is ridiculous then this thread was not directed at you. SOE changed their method of expansion layout, they should be willing to make some changes to help alleviate what it does to the player base imho.
  8. Xirtket Augur

Why did I know that upon reading this thread there would be a post like this :( , there's one in every forum.

"you don't have to"

no you don't, you also don't have to level, or get aa's, or mem spells, but they help do they not?

And with the introduction of kronos, I wouldn't think they would want plat sinks in the game anymore.

I agree that they should be removable with a more expensive aug distiller, make it cost 1k if you wan't, but the whole perfected aug distiller thing needs to just be removed from the game.
  9. Gladare Augur

It also depends on the class. Rangers would be stupid to bother getting their type 3's. The augs really do THAT little for us.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Right on Gladare. I use the Splash back nuke one only - and that's just because the spell is so grossly obscene on the mana cost. I am milking every point of damage from it :)

I'm betting most classes say the same about Irae and Salus augs.
  11. Axxius Augur

1. Yeah right (already answered, no need to repeat).
    2. This plat sink was designed for yearly expansions. But now you re-gear 3 times a year, meaning 3x the plat sink. And that is unreasonable. They need to reduce the price of those augs to 5k to keep the plat sink at the same level.
    Pirlo and Viltaire like this.
  12. Viltaire Augur

I concur with Axxius. With the opportunity to better your gear three times during an expansion cycle the cost should be lowered to reflect that. In other words they should be lowered to around the 5k mark for the type 3 augments.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I just wish you could destroy them instead of removing them, I like to keep some of my older gear and having to get a distiller from the loyalty vendor is not on, if they weren't lore it wouldn't be an issue I could just purchase a new one and be done with it.
  14. Stubar Augur

Ummmm right click and destroy?
  15. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Type 3 augs affect melee just as much as casters. But I really see little to no reason why they would change the current paradigm unless they also stopped having the Type 3 augs be vendor bought and instead moved them to being drops; I think that has a lot more to do with their being destroy or Perfected distiller to reuse.

Also the OPs premise is faulty. There is no difference between how it was before RoF and how it is going to be in the future, aside from their being an artificial delay (timelock on T3 and T4 content releases). There is no more reason for them to change how Type 3s are removed now than there has been in the past.
  16. Piemastaj Augur

You didn't read fully.

There isn't an aside, it is the entire point why it should be changed. Before we were not forced to stay in lower tier gear, now we are. We went from 1-2 months and your farming T4 to 3 months per 1-2, 3months of 3 and 3 months of 4. That is a huge reason to change it and the change on augment distiller prices helps justify it. Staggered content makes type 3s much more expensive then before.
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Ummm no; you're the one who apparently didn't read. The staggering of the content has absolutely no impact whatsoever on the quality of the gear; they are not going to make it any better just because they have added a different kind of artificial delay (a specific release date instead of a choke point raid). If you wouldn't take the gear before I see no reason why you would suddenly take it now.

Also, exactly how many expansions have people been farming T4 in 2 months or less from the launch of an expansion? I can't really think of any off the top of my head, but let's pretend there were a lot of them. Just because YOU didn't have to spend that time in it, doesn't mean everyone else didn't. You are actually trying to make it out as if everyone is going to to upgrade their entire set of gear every tier and that just isn't going to happen. As it was this go round, most of the guilds were complaining about not even having time to farm a full set of gear much less enjoy it. Don't upgrade every tier. Skip a couple, this next expansion it should be rather easy considering it is mostly going to be sidegrades or very minimal upgrades.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I always get told i don't have the right distiller to do this, even with the destroy one in my bags
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There is no destroy one anymore, well it is still there on the Magi but it is not actually used or necessary. Also are you sure you are clicking Destroy and not remove accidently?