Type 3 Augments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomereaper, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Gnomereaper Augur

Right now we have access to LDON Raid Augments, SoD progression Augment series for Kick/Flying Kick/Backstab, Tier of Alaris, Eye of Life and Decay, spells and nothing for tradeskills.

Suggestions:

1. Tradeskill augments that are unattunable but not reusible without the loyalty vendor solvent.

2. +10% Doge mod has been around in the Plane of War and Ruins of Illasin forever, however the +15% specialization augments remain only on type 7/8 gear. Moving augments from type 7/8->Type 3 would create new chase series of augments for classes with specialization.

What are your thoughts?
  2. roth Augur

What exactly would you do for a Tradeskill Augment? Skill mods are covered, more than adequately, by the Trophies. 45 points is nothing to sneeze at! Failure rate is also more than covered by three ranks of the associated tradeskill Mastery AA, the Salvage AA, and a marketplace purchase, Draught of the Craftsman. The Artisan’s Prize does something tradeskill-related, too, doesn’t it? Its not like Final Fantasy XIV crafting, which is a minigame in and of itself, crafting is just “insert items into box, hit Combine, and pray for success”. There’s only so much you can do.

I am not sure that I’d use Spell Skill or Specialization Skill augs (not that I could use the specialization augs as a ranger) though. The spell/skill mod type 3’s are more than good enough for me.
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Between all of the Type 3's you listed plus spell focus type 3's, most classes easily can fill all of their type 3 slots. I know shamans have more type 3 augs that are relevant then we can equip atm.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

I would love more items to have the slot: 3 not all items do.
  5. Leigo You come here often?

including eyes of life and decay.. I have 7 type 3s.. the rof ones aren't used anymore.. I'm sure i could get a few other from progression but the addition of other type 3s or changing some to type 3 would be amazing.
    I for one thing the Artisan's prize should be a type 3
  6. Ecchicon Elder

BoC aug should go in slot 3.
    Tucoh likes this.
  7. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The Devs could really cause a stir if the Artisan's Prize became a slot 3 when the stats are maxed :D /duck!
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Can I trade in all of my visible slots for identical versions that have Slot 3 aug slots instead of Slot 20 aug slots?
  9. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

There are new Spell focus type 3 augs from RoS and EoK for all of the 100-110 spells. The RoF one's have long been replaced, but I update the type 3's with the new versions every expansion.
  10. Leigo You come here often?

Oh I'm aware.. the one's I'm using are eok/ros.. that makes 7. it's kinda lame.
    I'd also like to see the casting mod augs like: Tome of Manipulation changed to type 3s
  11. kizant Augur

There's already too many type 3s. If anything some of them should be moved to 7/8.
  12. Lubianx Augur

Just looking at your classes Leigo I would say that there are more than enough Type 3 augs.
    Firstly Tears of Alaris can become a type 3 aug when maxed.
    The dodge aug from PoWar/LDoN

Shaman have 15 RoS type 3 augs available to them

In addition to RoS type 3s SKs have the bash augs from SoD

The bard and ranger also have kick augs from SoD not to mention attack augs from LDoN.

Usually I am one to say more is good, but there are more than enough choices when it comes to type 3 augs.
  13. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Exactly, there are only 12 Slot 3's on a full set of gear. Eye's, Tear, and Dodge aug take 3. That leaves 9 for the 15 spell augs we get, of course a couple of those are for spells I never cast. But I still end up having to pick and choose between a couple on which I equip.
  14. DaciksBB Augur

Tear of Alaris and attack type 3's aren't really needed to max attack anymore, it's super easy to max
  15. Lubianx Augur

That's true, however there is more to the Tears of Alaris than attack.

Using a monk as an example, as it is your toon and ignoring the LDoN attack augs.

7 RoS type 3s (I think), Tears of Alaris, Eye of Life & Decay, dodge aug already makes 10 type 3s.
    Then there are 5 kick augs and 5 flying kick augs from SoD.

So even if you didn't want to use the Tears of Alaris for the couple of extra endurance regen, there are still more than enough type 3 augs.

Again I reiterate that more is good but people saying that there are not enough are just not looking hard enough.
  16. Tucoh Augur

I'd love to see some of the great quests here:
    http://www.paullynch.org/eqguide/guides/quests/

Be made into pre-reqs for a new quest for some type-3 augs. Similar to how the Artisan's Prize (admittedly not a type3) had some old pre-reqs.

Maybe I'm just goofy, but I'd like to do some of the old quests but can't motivate myself to do them without a real reward.
  17. roth Augur

The True Tears of Alaris should be used by most everyone, simply because of the unique skill focus on it. The 21 Attack and other stats aren’t really significant.
  18. Kolani Augur

19. DaciksBB Augur

I wasn't saying that I have a lack of things to put in my type 3's, I was saying that it's pointless to go for attack on them since attack is so easy to max. I put mine in the ammo slot for the defense mod.

A large number of my type 3's are actually rof era because what are disc upgrades
  20. Gnomereaper Augur

You can cap out on stats these days such as attack or +kick.

Considering the 15% Spec Alteration, Conjuration, Evocation, and Divination augments could be placed into Type 3's. I agree with that.

The small +heroic strength augments from LDON and +Regeneration don't offer up much to really pick and choose. Having some +heroic stats augments for other stats and not just LDON but made through tradeskills would work wonderfully for character customization.

There's no equivalent of the +Frenzy Type 3 augments afforded to Berserkes in SoD as backstab, kick, and bash are available from Zeb for SoD.