Two ongoing problems ...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by GothicCelt, Jul 18, 2016.

1. GothicCelt Lorekeeper

#1: Loyalty Points system is not awarding points. Ran a ticket on this and was told its fine and points are being awarded / accrued. Its not ... cut and dry.

#2: Veterans Rewards are triggered somehow ... not by myself. Ran a ticket and was told nothing is wrong and I may have inadvertantly triggered them. Not true as it was immediately after log on and character select.

:)
  2. Raccoo Augur

#1. How many points do you have? How long have you had them at that point? What type of account do you have (all access, silver, FTP)? Your points will stop accruing at different amounts based on what type of account, and also accrue at different rates depending on the account.

#2. I have had this happen rarely, where Lessons of the Devoted hotkey will be pressed like it was used, when I haven't used it recently. I believe I've read somewhere that you can still press it and it will work, but I do not remember whether I tried to, and what the outcome was.
  3. Wha? Journeyman

#2: Noted the other day that a toon was sporting the whole /veteran setup as if it had been selected specifically for it. Don't know how it happened, specifically avoid activating it on many toons because the number of uses is limited per account. Anyone know how many total uses of /veteran per account?
  4. CraigW8 New Member

As I recall, one character can use veteran rewards according to the year of your veteran rewards. If your account is on the sixth year veteran reward, six characters can use veteran rewards, 7 years, 7 characters, etc.
  5. Dorellis New Member

#2 Same here. First character I logged in had 3, second had 2 that appear to have been triggered somehow. Haven't reported yet. Wanted to check if it was only me this was happening to. Will check other characters.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

#1 That is what I always thought so I started a spread sheet last year. It turns out all points do get awarded based on how many you are eligible for, minus any spent. I even tracked my spending cause here and there something would pop up that I just had to have but forgot later. Points do not appear to have a specific date for the award and as I look back thru I can see it was never the same day of the month, like Jan 9 but not Feb 9 or March 9 etc. Sometimes one week, sometimes it would go 2 but then it would be 2 weeks worth. Now its getting harder to remember to add the bonus loyalty points the guides are giving for some events. Start a spread sheet and if it doesn't work out then when you file your ticket you can cite the exact dates and how much cause that is what they did, they looked back thru and see how much your eligible for, how long, total that, minus spent and total is what you have now.
  7. GothicCelt Lorekeeper

I have been All Access since June 1999 on single account with 7 characters with V/R's awarded to all.

As I did a backcheck , 120 Loyalty points per week awarded ( ? ) but I have been below 400 for a very long time ( 2 plus years ) with no accruement.

8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well that's a little different if you only have 400 points, we assumed you meant like you were not earning steadily, I mean 400 does not even take into account that you cannot earn past a certain amount anyway:

Maximum amount cap
    There are limitations to how many Crowns you can save up at once through the Loyalists system. Once your account's cap is reached, your account will not be able to earn more crowns through the loyalty system until you've spent some.
    • Accounts with Gold membership: Velocity caps at 120 and Crowns cap at 5760.
    • Accounts with Silver membership: Velocity caps at 60 and Crowns cap at 2880. Please note that for Silver accounts which have downgraded from Gold Membership, Velocity will be reduced to meet the Silver-level cap. Any Crowns which exceed the Silver-level cap will not be lost, although you may not gain more Crowns until you have dropped below the Crown cap for Silver membership.
    • Accounts with Free membership: Velocity caps at 30 and Crowns cap at 1440.
    You don't mention if you have bought anything at all with points? Or if your running a custom UI? If it were me and I had 400 points for 2 years I would try to buy a house (which is 432?) and see what the points do. Maybe your character files are fractured. Can always re install just those. Since cs says they checked and your ok on their end.
  9. Brudal Augur

You can either right click the AA or open the special tab of the AA widow, most times it is a display bug and the ability shows ready instead of the xx hours till next use countdown. If the ability showing cooldown has a casting time, you can /duck the cast (unless your a bard I think) and it will generally refresh the button to show ready.
  10. GothicCelt Lorekeeper

CatsPaws - Velocity is maxxed @ 120. I have bought a few items with points ( Bag of Platinum ). Not using a custom UI ... ( yet ). Mehh ... we shall see !

Brudal - will try what you suggest but the VR's are showing red shaded with a cooldown/countdown in progress ... Again, Mehh ... we shall see !

Thanks alot you tooz folks for your input on this < SALUTE > !

11. Sodan New Member

Re #1: My impression is that it's a UI bug. Mine randomly show as used, but at least on a couple of occasions I have been able to click them and they still work. (I haven't done extensive testing, so I'm not sure if that's true in every case). For the record, I'm using the default UI.
  12. Sodan New Member

Sorry, I meant re: #2 - the veteran rewards activation issue
  13. Draego Augur

Actually this has been the same situation I have been in, like you I filed a ticket about it and was given basically the same response and well what do you know the points actually started to accrue again. So there is definitely something at play that seems to be bugging the system. Nor is this the first time I have ever had to address this issue, as it happened to me maybe 3 or so years ago; handled it the same way, got the same answer then, and immediately saw the points start accruing again then as well.

Sodan is definitely correct in regards to #2 as this issue happens more often in regards to using a custom UI. I use basically a stripped down version of the standard UI by changing a simple graphic display and ridding myself of all the ugly Filigree. I also have a few custom windows which I built, so I have seen this problem for years. It is a simple issue dealing with custom UI's, you can attempt to manually reset the abilities by begging to trigger then and then ducking, this will clear the "used and waiting for reuse timer" appearance.

Hope this helps.
  14. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You might want to just try a spreadsheet since #1 you said you had been at 400 for two years but #2 you also said you had bought a "couple" bags of plat which cost 432 loyalty which is more than 400. So it had to move at some point. Sounds just like my checking account, I swear I didn't spend it but its gone! A spreadsheet will help you pinpoint down when it is and is not awarding. Good luck!
  15. GothicCelt Lorekeeper

CatsPaws - " a couple " means two in that I would be at 480 L P's , buy one bag...wait...then buy another bag the next week with L P's again at 480 ( odd since it should now be @ 164. Since those purchases nothing has been accruing. As for your spreadsheet idea ... I retired from those only in the last year ( big part of my Fed job and detested now ).

I have deleted/reinstalled the STOCK UI to no avail for the L P's as well as the poke and /duck for the VR's with no result.