Two misc questions....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Returned fairly recently, and wondered about two things:

1 - There used to be a mechanism where EQ would remember which char you last logged in with (the char slot number), and the next time you logged in, would have that char pre-selected. Since returning, it always has the 1st char in the list selected, which is never the one I want. Did they stop supporting that? (minor, minor issue, but I'm still curious)

2 - What's the current deal with HAs? I stopped playing right around when they did a revamp earlier this year (late last year?), where they will scale up to higher levels now. I remember a lot of people complaining that they were overtuned now. So, at 109, are any of them soloable for a scrub druid with merc? Or should I just put them right out of my mind?

Thanks,

Tat
  2. Goodn Augur

For 1, do you /ex or /q out of game or /camp and hit the quit button from character select? I've generally had the same toon I left the character select screen come back chosen if I quit the game from the button. But not always. Particularly if I've been logged into the game for days straight.

For 2, HAs are now capped at the highest level for the expansion they were introduced (so all the CotF ones are capped at 100). Gribbles are soloable with a scrub druid and merc at 109, but it may be slow going and 109 to 110 xp just sucks in general so it may not be as fast as you want. But it is probably the safest way to level to 110.
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thanks, Goodn.

For #1, I've always only done /camp desktop. Sounds like I may need to /camp to char select once, and then quit, and see if that makes it start working again.

For #2, sounds like they reverted something around the time I stopped playing. With the initial change, I thought all HAs were scaling all the way up to the players level. Once I finish RoF collections, I was going to go and finish off CotF collections, which would be hard to do molo with even con mobs!

Are CotF HAs still weighted with all the XP coming on turn-in, with little XP for the mobs themselves?
  4. Rickate Augur

1. EQ remembers the character slot for that launcher. You will return to Slot 1 if the character you select is grandfathered over the char limit, for instance your account is at 9/5 characters and Silver, if you select Character 1 or 6-9 then next time using launcher even with same account it will have Slot 1 highlighted, the same applies if you log on another account with 7 characters, pick the 4th and then log on an account with 3 characters, Slot 1 will be highlighted. Camping is not a factor, it remembers the Slot when you log in.

2. Game Update Notes: February 21, 2018
    - Legacy Heroic Adventures have received several tuning and functionality changes:
    - - Heroic Adventure NPCs have lower stats at level 106+, compared to their January 2018 stats.
    - - Spells cast by NPCs in Heroic Adventures scale in approximately the same way that the NPCs' stats scale. For levels 101+ this was generally an increase.
    - - Heroic Adventures stop scaling at the maximum level in the era they were introduced. For example, 15th anniversary and Call of the Forsaken errands released when the maximum level was 100, so even if there is a level 101+ player in the zone, the highest these adventures will scale is as if the max level player in the zone were level 100.
    - - Heroic Adventures experience and point reward scaling have been adjusted to better reflect their difficulty.
    - - Heroic Adventures daily quest experience and point reward scaling have been adjusted to better reflect their difficulty.
  5. S33k3r Augur

I did 1 of the he DH HAs last night on my baby druid (eok group gear & lvl 107).

I used a wizard Merc but it kept stealing agro and died a few times. Some pulls were a bit messy (up to 4 mobs) but nothing too difficult. Mobs had 1.5 - 2 mill hps.

Nearly all the exp was from completing the mission and druid made 2-3% but it was late and I can't remember if that was with lotd.
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Thank you both for the info!
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You nailed it, I have 9/7 characters, and since Tatanka is at the end (#9), it will never default to that one. Thanks for explaining it!