Two Mercs At Once

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rumblerum, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kunon Augur

It might happen once they push out the DoT changes to Necros. Then they will be about equal or maybe even beat Wiz mercs in quicker killing groups. Allas, they will have to med after 7 or 8 mobs with the mana cost of those new DoTs and still needing to cast 2 or 3 of the new DoTs to get 1 or 2 tics worth of damage in such groups. Won't be fun to be a group Necro always waiting for OOC.
  2. Iila Augur

That's what deathbloom is for.
    Vdidar and EnchFWO like this.
  3. Yimin Augur

This is a good idea ,but those that think they are elite will flame it , or those that can find a group every night ,these people assume ,and they assume wrong, that everyone plays at pick hours where tanks fall from the sky ,and groups are three letters away ....( LFG )

Yi Min
  4. Yimin Augur

You do understand that the World is round yes ? And in in some spots on this globe , no one is playing EQ except for a very few ,so this group thing you speak of , does not happen ...

Yi Min
  5. Rumblerum Augur

Not only that but Dre is noted boxer. You should ask him why he boxes.

The entire "group" argument is so lame and unrealistic. If that is the answer, then why did they even introduce mercs to begin with?

Why are there so many boxers in this game?

Living under the "ideals" of some notable elitists here is laughable. Yes I laugh at you (you know who you are). Those that live in basements, play this game like it's a replacement for their pathetic lives and expect everyone else to abide by those rules is asinine. We are not you, so save those arguments.

Another thing this would address is creating balance in the trifecta of damage/utility, tank and healer. Some classes don't fit the mold that synergizes with one merc, this would fix that. It would fill the gap (and there is gap) between finding a group and enjoying the game with all classes, while you can. This holds doubly true for normal servers, with its skeleton player base filled with boxers like Dre or elitist raiders who stand around PoK in their raid gear laughing at us peasants when in reality we laugh at you.

No one is asking for a raid group of robots so save that dumb argument.
  6. Triconix Augur

I play in the loft of my apartment, but thanks for guessing the basement.

Two mercs is a horrible idea, plain and simple. From a coding standpoint to an overall gameplay experience. You don't agree, we get it but it's a losing battle for you. It's not going to happen.

Maybe they'll reformat the mana drains of necros to make them like the new DoTs to compensate for the extra mana usage...I won't hold my breath though.
  7. Rumblerum Augur

Never say never and I wasn't specifically talking about you, but I'm glad you felt insecure enough to justify that response.

I wasn't around when mercs were first introduced, but I would guess that the hostility of that introduction was just as, if not worse than this. While I don't know for sure, I can only assume.

Has mercs destroyed the game as some of those doomsayers foretold years ago? Is hindsight 20/20? Ha, all I can say is that I wouldn't even be playing if mercs (singular) weren't around.
  8. Reval Augur

[IMG]

We need to go back to the goals of previous generations guys.
    Vdidar, Aghinem, Sheex and 1 other person like this.
  9. Orbital101 Augur

Have 2 accounts and you get 2 mercs, have 3 and you get a full groups. Where is the problem?
  10. Rumblerum Augur

Precisely. There's really no fundamental difference between boxing and getting two mercs versus this proposal. The only difference is the latter is precipitously weaker than a full-blown two-box setup, but both would more or less serve the same purpose, and provide players an alternative to boxing, albeit weaker. Charge us $34 for this privilege.

Is boxing game-breaking? No. It's been here forever and many of you box. Would this be game-breaking? No (see above).
  11. Triconix Augur

It would lose DBG money. It's not happening.
  12. Rumblerum Augur

How would it lose money? How many boxers would stop boxing? Probably not many. The sheer weight of capability of this versus a full-blown box is fairly pronounced.

You're not adding into the equation the players like me would buy into this who would otherwise not buy anything. Or even two-box players who might spend money on one of their gold accounts to get this.

This will make money, period. Think about it. The boxing population is STATIC, they already paid to get their boxing setup. They may reduce the box count, but to do so, THEY WOULD HAVE TO BUY ONE MERC. Think about it, do the math.

Forget the fact the long-term financial implications of just simply having more people around who might otherwise quit because they can't do squat with one merc and can't find groups to save their life.
  13. Rumblerum Augur

I'm glad it's tiring you. Please come back and get tired. In fact, when I hate something, especially an Internet thread that bothers me, I come back repeatedly and force myself to read it like a moron.

You told me nothing. Nothing. There's nothing principally wrong with this. Why don't you make a separate thread to tell boxers to stop boxing and find a group if that is your crusade.
  14. Aghinem Augur

Is it me, or does each one of Rumblerum's responses become more and more condescending when people disagree with him? According to him because we don't want 2 mercs; we're dumb, we're pathetic, we live in a basement, we're elitists, he laughs at us.

I agree with Iila, this should have been locked by the 2nd post.
    Iila and Geri_Petrovna like this.
  15. strongbus Augur

The lose of money would come form what they make form making you have that second account to have the sec merc vs what someone might pay for a sec merc.

As I stated up thread. atm to have a second merc out you have to have a second account. so lets go with the normal monthly fee of $15 a month + 1 $40 exp ever year. That is $220 a year for each box account.

So if they added some way to have more then 1 merc out per account the amount they charge per merc would some how have to counter that.

If they where to say charge $30 for each extra merc slot. on a per person level they are losing $190 a year vs that person getting a second account. and that is just the 1st year. after that they are losing $220 each year.

Yes this would make some who are on the edge of leaving, stay and pay that one time fee. But would there be enough to make up for the lose form what they get form making oyu have a sec account.
  16. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Correct. After being told no, the twelfth time, a child would learn, a puppy could learn. But not this guy. Twelve pages of no. At least it's amusing.
  17. Rumblerum Augur

Then why are still here? Who is more ignorant? The fool or the fool that keeps trying to convince the fool?

The only ignorant people are you, et. al., but please, you don't need to convince us anymore. We understand.
  18. Triconix Augur

Multiple ways.

1) Currently, if you want two mercs you need to purchase a Gold account ($9.99/month) and probably going to get a HC ($34.99). You also need to purchase expansions/campaigns ($30.00+). How about miscellaneous purchases from DBG store? You won't pay nearly that much to get two mercs, unless you're willing to spend $250.00 upfront and even then, after two years, DBG loses money.

2) People who want less hassle of boxing multiple characters will dissolve their gold memberships and purchase a merc. Upfront they would get a lilttle spike in money, but again, you lose all of the above purchases. This would be somebody like me. I'd drop one of my boxes in a heartbeat for another merc just for accessibility and less stress.

3) DBG would have to work on the coding for this which in turn leads to less dev time making actual, worthwhile content. People see content is garbage and quit the game. More money lost on subs, expansion purchases, DBG store, etc.
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  19. Rumblerum Augur

Yeah, but how many box accounts are silver? Granted, if a boxer does have multiple gold accounts then yes, there might be a negative, but I personally think the amount of players who don't box or who box with one gold and one silver, who might buy this, would outweigh the players that box with multiple gold accounts, to which they may roll back one account to silver. Even then, to do this would require some offset in this.
  20. Aghinem Augur

You just called yourself a fool twice. lol
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.