Two Mercs At Once

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rumblerum, May 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strongbus Augur

yes I agree not all boxers will give up for mercs. It be the ones who box cause they have to not cause they want to. now what % of the total boxers fit into this group who knows.

Then the only question is at what price would daybreak have to charge to not only make up that lost money form those accounts but also make money on it.

maybe 18 a month is to much but it maybe be close to it
  2. Rumblerum Augur

Here's a good compromise that will make DB money:

Add this capability in the store, charge a one-time fee of $34, or the equivalent of a heroic character. This unlocks it for all characters per account.
  3. Rhodz Augur

Being able to use two mercs would not affect us anyway, we still would keep 3 PC in the group.
    Healer/Tank/Enc plus mercs because well merc AI is not that good except for DPS which they do fairly well. So personally I am not sure anything is gained here.

It is not game breaking though I still say the devil is in the coding details on this one.
  4. Ravengloome Augur

Mercs do not in anyway shape or form do "DPS fairly well"
  5. Rhodz Augur

Sheesh compared to what?
    The perpetually AFK wizzie or the Monk that FDed in the corner and went to go make a sandwich without telling anyone?
    Well?
    They are there, they are dependable and they do well enough which puts them above half the players out there. Fairly well stands.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

DPS mercs do DPS better than crappy players, but its not fairly well.
    Iila likes this.
  7. Dre. Altoholic

I find these assertions to be baseless, and already refuted in the thread. Not sure why they are being repeated.
  8. Rumblerum Augur

You didn't refute anything and in fact no one, not even you boxer, has been able to answer my question.

This is a great way for them to make money while concurrently keeping non-boxing players on normal servers.
  9. Rhodz Augur

Use whatever descriptor you wish not arguing over semantics.
  10. Aghinem Augur

It was refuted, multiple times - and your general response to those who had a differing opinion than your own was either we were stupid, or you would just repeat the same exact remarks and line of question incessantly. In fact, I did a meme that was pretty funny and not necessarily offensive in which you remarked how stupid I was to even respond to this thread, and started general mudslinging in which I was not letting you get away with. In my response, I told you exactly what I thought - and I guess it was deemed too offensive because it was removed along with the meme. Was I reported because I stated that I am more than happy to teach people to not suck to the point of wanting 2 mercs, but not being able to teach people how to be nice and social etiquette in a GROUP ORIENTED game, an MMO (MASSIVE-MULTIPLAYER ONLINE)? So as I eloquently stated, here is a non-meme version:

HERE WE GO AGAIN

It was well over a month since anyone gave this a look, and it got revived by you with your 'compromise' remark. No, there is no compromise. You, and anyone pro-2 mercs clearly disregard the litany of concerns people have expressed, and after 10-11 pages - you have the audacity to say it hasn't been refuted? Either that is being delusional, or that is simply not caring what others think because I think you are smart enough to comprehend all of these replies - so I don't know which it is.

If this response is deemed offensive, then everyone on these boards may as well pack it up because while I may be crass at times as well as putting out light-hearted jokes; I am not going to have my thoughts wasted and deleted because someone is unable to handle opposition and requires a 'safe space'.

List of most Common Concerns:

1. Makes already trivial content more trivial.
    2. May lead to further exploitation of AFK grouping.
    3. May promote less grouping and more reliance on mercenaries.
    4. May create more issues/bugs with existing mercs than there already is.

Those are the main four of many issues and concerns people brought up.

Let me address another issue. The code. I am speaking as someone who understands development being I have done a number of projects with game development, especially with MUDs (multi-user dungeons). The older code becomes, the higher the likelihood it may react with various anomalies when newer code is introduced. If you aren't a programmer, then you would never understand that a simple conditional mistake in one line of code can create a train wreck of problems. When any new idea or concept is introduced, the developers need to make determinations of how well it can be implemented while anticipating what possible impact it may have on the game in both the short term and the long term. Its not magic, its VERY hard work. This alone is one of the chief reasons I am against two mercenaries. It would create a litany of problems that I don't think Prathun or any other dev will honestly feel like dealing with. There is nothing more frustrating than to introduce a new feature, only to have to skim over tens of thousands of lines of code while debugging to determine what the problem is when the glitches take place.

I rest my case.
  11. Iila Augur

This thread should have been locked after foob's post on page 1. It's all been downhill since that.
    EnchFWO, Warpeace and Aghinem like this.
  12. Warpeace Augur

If I had 2 mercs why would I ever group or load an alt beside buffs?

Better yet let me have 53 mercs and raid.
    Azbaelus and Aghinem like this.
  13. Triconix Augur

In general, neco dps is atrocious in group situations. Raid geared necros are luckily to compete with a dps merc in a group group situation when mobs are dying in 10-15 seconds tops.
    EnchFWO and Ravengloome like this.
  14. Rhodz Augur

Yeah exactly.
    Depending on the draw we go through HAs with mobs living 12-18 seconds after first agro (my wife times them just her touch of OCD peeking out).
    Of course there always those that just give us fits and takes a bit longer. Hate those dam plants.
  15. Ravengloome Augur

Yeh I don't invite them to do group content.
  16. Triconix Augur

I'm just saying, you can't call merc dps terrible when they beat out one of the best DPS classes in the game. If I had two mercs, I'd simply drop my necro account from gold to silver and two box the sham and run 3 dps mercs.

Necros need to be retuned for groups, badly. They're pathetic.
  17. Kaliko Augur

necros beat wiz mercs all the time i find it hard to believe a war and shaman are killing yellow tbm mobs in 10 secs. And we aren't even sure if you even know how to necro. Daybreak doesnt need to tune the group game based on full raid group dps because not all groups can mass slaughter tbm.
  18. Triconix Augur

In a normal group, necros are pathetic dps. They'll get a couple swifts on it and it'll tick 1-2 times max since the mobs die in roughly 10-15 seconds. In that case you could literally replace the necro with a dps merc and see just as much dps (25-30k range).

Mobs die roughly every 25 seconds when I'm 3 boxing with 2 dps mercs and 1 healer merc. My necro is only doing more dps because I'm able to land more on the mob because of the increased killing time. But if you put the necro in a real group with bust dps, they're (necros) doing nothing in terms of dps.

For example, I ran the achievements on my necro with my friends. SK, wiz, wiz, enc (or another dps), cleric, and I. Things were getting absolutely torched that I was getting off maybe 2 swifts off and they'd tick damage once together. A dps merc can probably just nuke the mob a few times in that time period and do as much, if not more, damage than the one tick my swifts did on the mob.
    Iila likes this.
  19. Riou EQResource

TDS 2.0 incoming, time for trash mobs with 100m+ hp, FeelsBadMan
    Iila and Sancus like this.
  20. Ravengloome Augur

I hope so, and i hope they give the mobs melee and DD resistance because F*** YOU thats why

Ill just sit over on TLP and lol at the threads about how terrible it is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.