Two many choices on combo's!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Malik_Fippy, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Malik_Fippy Journeyman

Mnk / Shm
    SK / Shm
    Nec / Dru
    Mag / Dru
    Mag / Mag
    Mag / Enc
    Enc / Dru
  2. Newander247 New Member

And you have 26 hours and 57 minutes to pick one for launch. This is your mission should you choose to accept it.
  3. Thewiz Augur

I feel the pain. I have 27 hours to decide between:
    Pal/Dru
    Nec/Dru
    Nec/Bard
    Wiz/Bard
    SK/Sha

Help....lol
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Rogue/rogue is maximum efficiency since you'll just quit and uninstall after an hour or two. Server complete!
    Fallfyres, Haeldar, Vinlail and 2 others like this.
  5. Pharone Elder

Necromancer/Druid duo sounds fun actually. Snare, Root, Sow, Taps, Nukes, and a boat load of DoTs between the two of them. The big bonus being that if you manage to get in a situation where you are definitely going to die, you can feign the necromancer, and then rez the druid after everything clears using the necro rez. If it's the Mangler server, you get the bonus benefit of having charmed undead pets for Classic and Kunark at least. Really sounds like a fun duo.

Now as for the Paladin/Druid combo.... Is that a thing? I had never thought about that combo. It seems like it would be ultra low dps to me. Maybe I'm wrong.
  6. ShivanAngel Augur

Pal/dru sounds miserable tbh....

No slow AND mediocre heals, ntt
  7. bober Lorekeeper

I play Pally / Druid on live. Quite a bit of fun actually and effective. Druid has nice DPS and debuff and pally tanks and self heals well
  8. Hykaro Journeyman

Necro/Bard is super fun if you enjoy kiting. (Obviously) Bard gives speed and regen at a minimum. Could also have him sing some DoTs aswell. But speed and regen on a necro is living the dream! I will most likely be doing this combo at some point.
  9. Korzu111 Elder

Story of my life right now. I’m definitely leaning Dru / Mage right now. If they do anniversary XP, I might go Enchanter/cleric. That duo is a pain to level in the early game untwinked, so if XP is super-charged, might be nice to group it up higher level this weekend. Then I could do Mage / Druid with claritied Druid and Cleric-Buffed Mage Pet.
  10. Thewiz Augur

Yeah. Necro/Bard is the one I will most likely end up with. (But that flaming sword...) /cry
  11. NitroNic New Member

I was going Pal/Mag but lord would the mobility of Dru be sweet.
  12. Malik_Fippy Journeyman

I didn't even think of the anniversary EXP thing, now I'm really fubar'd o_O
  13. Forevernecro Elder

Necro/bard if you want the absolute easiest box you can make. Will that be your optimum sidekick? Hell no. Druid would be better for the utility, far better. The absolute optimum sidekick a necro can have is shaman. The downside to the shaman box is that it requires more attention / keyboard DJing than the others. From personal experience on Phinigel, me (necro) and another guildmate (shaman) would regularly duo some pretty insane . That is with him actually playing not me boxing though. I can assure you no other combo of 2 classes could pull off what we did.
  14. skattabrainz Augur

If its selo you're talking. You also have BL/Necro which is like having a 4 group all by yourself. Its what i use on live.
  15. a_librarian Augur

Enc/Dru is a godlike combo for classic start. Kedge keep is so good
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Grailer Augur

Gotta think smart here . No gear , chances of getting good gear almost nil.

Mage/Mage or Necro/Mage

Mage damage fire shield can easily powerlevel .

Shaman/Monk could be decent and can single pull with feign death .
  17. Hinastorm Elder

Not to burst any bubbles, but even on selo, any duo will take at least 3x as long to level as a solo player grouping. On mangler, it will be a noticeably harder way to grind up.

Although I don't know what your plans were here, to level with the duo, or group both at once, or level one later, or what.
  18. Fiyero Augur

Shm/SK or Monk/Shm are probably the 2 strongest. Ench/Dru isn't too bad, but Cleric/Ench is better.
  19. Hinastorm Elder

For mangler, If I had to only 2 box, I would probably do dru/chanter

Any 2 box will be missing some key things, but enchanters are just absurd, you always include one on any early boxing setup, or you're just leaving a ton of power on the table.

Ports are just so damn nice to have. Everything is going to be crowded, will be nice to be able to port around till you find something you can do.

Of course, that means you're giving up CH for charm pets, which is a big blow. You could druid heal them, but it will be a big mana sink, probably better to just cycle through pets, or break and and mez it and let it out of combat regen.