Two Kronos a month for Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by pikken, Apr 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenich Elder

Can't seem to comment without bringing politics into it can you? Your illogical and rationalized arguments now make sense. Only those who have no argument continue to inject unrelated means into a discussion to support their fallacies.
  2. Xenich Elder

Good point!

Funny how a group can run a private server without charging a dime and still be able to afford a specialized rule-set completely configured to that means.

What was that about "dur... cuz dits epinsive to make a suvur lik dat!"
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Uh...I guess? Trade has been part of human nature since literrally the dawn of civilization. Probably even before that since some animals trade also. Why not address the actual root of your problem? Other people. Play skyrim or something and you can farm away and earn to your hearts content w/o anyone "cheating" by trading items with other people. Your ideal Everquest is so far out on the fringe that it is practically impossible to imagine how it would actually work
    Genoane and Skuz like this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Please point out where I brought politics into it? You've lost it.
    Zinth likes this.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

So even on your 5 person private server there would be "cheaters" since "near non-existent" isnt 0.
    Zinth and Skuz like this.
  6. Xenich Elder

So? So has murder, prostitution, stealing, etc... That isn't grounds to demand it be in a game. Not every game has trade,not every game has to emulate every aspect of real life. In fact, many games forego realism in order to achieve a practical component of game play.

False summary. That isn't the root of my problem, rather that is your fallacious attempt to dismiss my argument. Other people aren't the problem rather a specific subset of people who excuse, rationalize, or promote certain behaviors because it appeals to them individually. For instance, some people think griefing, stealing in game, KSing non-stop, etc... are all normal dealing in life. If we apply your logic, all servers should be full PvP, full Loot, etc... you know... because this is a reality of playing with people. Your argument doesn't recognize the issues, it merely draws a line for your acceptance of what is ok and then tells everyone they are unreasonable or abnormal unless they accept.

I realize you like the cheats and features that come with modern MMOs and gaming, I don't deny that, nor do I think you are wrong individually to desire such, but don't act like somehow your position is acceptable and mine is not. As I said, I am not asking for all players to be forced to a standard, you however are, yet you call me the unreasonable one? Hmm... interesting.

How about you go play the 1000's of cheat MMOs out there? Go play WoW? or the numerous P2W asian MMOs. See? I can tell you yo beat sand as well, do I get applauded for my excellent argument?

you see, EQ originally had a standard direction, it changed to mimic all the other mainstream cheat MMOs out there. So please, explain to me who should go? EQ used to be something else, all those mainstream cheat games you like so much were designed for you? See? Maybe you should go?

Or... maybe you can at least understand, respect the fact that someone has a differing opinion on play and not smugly dismiss them and try to run them off for asking for something that would have ZERO effect on you, or does the kid across the street playing the way he likes anger you so much you need to go over there and stop them?

Like it was said, what is such the problem here? The amount of attacking for asking for something that would have no effect on others is beyond disturbing.
  7. Xenich Elder

So 5 people huh? You do realize that is a patently stupid argument considered there are numerous EQ servers out there with special rule sets that have hundreds of people?

Maybe you were looking to be smart with your reply? /golf clap Good for you, you sir are too witty for us all.

Oh, and thank you for obtusely stating the definition of a word for us, I mean... we all have hard times with the meaning of words you know?

Yes.. I stated "near" because to speak in an absolute concerning such occurrences is what idiots do.
  8. dreamweaver Community Manager

Okay well, I did try.
    Bullsnooze, MileyVyrus and Skuz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.