Two Kronos a month for Aradune

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by pikken, Apr 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tweakfour17 Augur

I swear I'm the only person playing on a TLP that wasn't "part of the original Alpha release", "BFFs with Brad", "Top rated Enchanter across all servers", "The only person with xxxx item on any server ever."

Anyways, Xenich your version of the game sounds absolutely terrible which is why Sony/Verant/DBG moved away from it and why no other successful game uses it. Game companies make games to make money, to stay in business. Your version of the game would have next to no one playing it and you say "why does it hurt you? Let me have the server I want" and the reason people argue against that is because it would take time and hardware away from developing servers/expansions/whatever that people actually WOULD play and create revenue for the company to continue to make more servers/expansions/etc.

Next you argue that a mechanic implemented by the game developers intentionally and clearly laid out is cheating, because it wasn't in the original version of the game. What. Is playing a zurker considered cheating too? THE ORIGINAL DEVS DIDNT MAKE IT THAT WAY!! CHEATING!!

Jeez man..
    code-zero and Zinth like this.
  2. Xenich Elder

I gave up. They are just arguing to justify it to themselves now. Layers of excuses, this is different, etc...

It is "rationalizing" as I called it from post one.
  3. Rekke New Member

Please hurry with this patch. One guy wants to catch three boats, run across 75 zones totaling 3hrs of time, the other wants to be at his camp in 2mins. One guy wants to farm silks for a year to buy something big, the other wants to trade a krono. Who's wrong... no one! Play how you want.
    code-zero and Zinth like this.
  4. Zinth Augur

yeah now boxing being cheating is suddenly changed into Yantis plat selling issues... he totally lost it, Turnip-God of Nonsens
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

I don't think he even wants to farm silk for a year to buy something, he seems to be against the idea of trading between players in general.
  6. pikken New Member

There has always been plat sellers etc in EQ, the tipping for me is watching some guy running god knows how many boxes advertise in general channel to sell Loots rights on Time gear on Mangler. Watching three to four picks in solro tower permanently populated by multiple groups farming ornate pieces then selling them in the bazaar on a dozen traders that auto match your prices within 10 seconds of posting an ornate piece you have for sale.

I want to play one toon so I can group with other people, run dungeons and profit off my hard work in the EC tunnel or the /baz. Maybe someone has an extra boxed cleric or chanter to help the group, ok great. But when dozens of people are running a 6 box group or multiple boxed groups, the community aspect of the game is lessened. I'm not asking DPG to solve this problem, I'm asking for one server to make it harder for those trying to make a living off a video game by selling plat/Krono.

P1999 already has shown there is built in market for this product. I feel like Alec Baldwin in Glen Gary Glen Ross, their right there begging you to take their money. Are you man enough to take it?

So once again, please make a hard mode server that reflects a large part of original EQ. We will pay.

Also, for the multiple people crying about corpse runs on this thread, play on that new box server. It's going to rain Krono and you get to keep your gear after death.
  7. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

This cracks me up lol it totally describes everyone on Test. I can literally give the first name of the 22 of us that started on Test, where they live in real life and about half of their phone numbers, kids names, and job they did in real life. But if you listen to chat on Test ... there were 20,000+ people on test day one not 22 and every one of them personally had lunch with Brad that afternoon.

I just shake my head and go lumber along and do my thing. If you do not know who "Oracle" is, then you never once logged into Test in 1999-2000, lol thats the sure fire Test of time there.
  8. Xenich Elder

I want to pay a GM, and instant kill the raid mob solo. I want to instant level up to max level, have all my trades maxed as well.

Who is wrong? No one! Play how you want!

/derp /derp
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

News

EverQuest have now announced a New TLP server for all you oldschool masochists who get your kick from being mercilessly punished, come join the other 5 people who want to play on this new server & experience the joys of.

No Krono: No way to buy plat from other players or sell your plat for sub time.

No trading: You cannot trade anything with any player.

Bind on Kill: All loot is no drop is bind on kill & is automatically passed out to those present by a randomised roll, if you didn't get the item you wanted or you got an item you didn't need just kill that mob again for another chance.

No boxing: Server enforces a strict IP lock & you have to agree to have our intrusive anti-cheat software installed upon your PC that let's us check all of your files & can detect any & all PC's connected to your modem.

Permadeth: That's right, any time that you die you stay dead, there are no resurrections & you must begin again, Death-Touch has been removed from all bosses on this server only so that you at least have a small chance of making it to the level cap of 50.

All this comes at the bargain price of $49.99 a month & there will be 1 GM on the server whose only job is to enforce no cheating rules, which will be very easy to monitor with such a small player population.

Launch date: 32nd October 2099
  10. pikken New Member

New
    pikken said:
    So once again, please make a hard mode server that reflects a large part of original EQ. We will pay.
    News

EverQuest have now announced a New TLP server for all you oldschool masochists who get your kick from being mercilessly punished, come join the other 5 people who want to play on this new server & experience the joys of.

No Krono: No way to buy plat from other players or sell your plat for sub time.

No trading: You cannot trade anything with any player.

Bind on Kill: All loot is no drop is bind on kill & is automatically passed out to those present by a randomised roll, if you didn't get the item you wanted or you got an item you didn't need just kill that mob again for another chance.

No boxing: Server enforces a strict IP lock & you have to agree to have our intrusive anti-cheat software installed upon your PC that let's us check all of your files & can detect any & all PC's connected to your modem.

Permadeth: That's right, any time that you die you stay dead, there are no resurrections & you must begin again, Death-Touch has been removed from all bosses on this server only so that you at least have a small chance of making it to the level cap of 50.

All this comes at the bargain price of $49.99 a month & there will be 1 GM on the server whose only job is to enforce no cheating rules, which will be very easy to monitor with such a small player population.

Launch date: 32nd October 2099

I still can't figure out why you're so threatened by one server. Your use of hyperbole to make a counter argument is absurd.
  11. Xenich Elder

My Name is Tanix Tenderfoot a monk, I was in Silent Avengers. We were the largest Test Guild (Around 120-140 if I remember right), though not the highest level guild. Our guild dissolved and moved from Test after the Test wipe to a production server (most of us went to Layns). I grouped with Brad many times, he was a horrible tank (just being honest), and I did help test and suggest modifications to the Velious code on Test where I worked with the lead dev in Akanon doing pull testing.

Also, Test had very low amounts until around the wipe where it hit as high as around 800ish (sometimes cap of 1k). By the way, the wipe was due to some of the idiot guilds who were testing Kunark, who when there was an database issue where SoLB was dropping dragon loot, and they did a roll back, the players who had high level made characters with full raid gear for testing passed all their gear to alts and friends to keep them. They then did a complete wipe of All characters on the server, then reinstated all the characters naked, given the option to transfer this one time to a live server and no promises that this would never happen again on Test. Brad explained this to everyone in east FP as a giant gnome while many people protested, more specifically, one of my guild mates made a gnome called disappointed and jumped off the ramparts dying over and over again leaving corpses.

Who were you? Pray tell?
  12. Xenich Elder

I would like to know that as well.
  13. Risiko Augur

As someone who actually did pay extra back in the day to play on the legends server, I wouldn't touch this server with a ten foot pole.

Allow me to explain why...

DPG (DBG/SoE) has shown no willingness to fairly, evenly, and accurately apply customer service for EverQuest for the past half decade (if not longer).

Bots run wild twenty four hours a day all year long with immunity. Anybody that reports them on the forums gets a suspension. Anybody that does anything to hinder their "business model" in game gets a suspension. I'm just going to say what everybody knows is the truth at this point. The very people that are destroying every server with these bots are the very people that run the game. It's their friends, family, and business partners. Its business corruption, and the fact that it isn't stopped is proof that the corruption goes all the way to the top. Certain employees are making a second income off of not only looking the other way, but actively attack anybody that dares get in the way with suspensions and bans.

So... no. I would not every pay them twice as much to be on a server knowing full well that the corrupt people in charge will be there on that more expensive server being corrupt as well. It would be like paying a monthly subscription to a crime ring that runs your neighborhood, and then paying them twice as much to make a crime-safe space. That's going to work well.

Until the actual owners of the EverQuest IP come in and clean house, this will continue. Period.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm not threatened by a server at all, but what is being asked for is completely unrealistic as it would necessitate so much coding & running in tandem 2 completely different code streams.

Yes that is within the realms of "possibility" in much the same way that you or I winning the lottery is within the realms of possibility, but the chances of it happening are so remote that you have a better chance of being struck by lightning twice, which is also within the realms of possibility but I hope never happens to you.

The thing that dictates whether a TLP idea will be tried is numbers of players who want it (Miragul excepted as that was an experiment, the risk didn't really pan out too well).

Like the PvP bois, the FV rules bois & the Oldskool Hardcore boys, if you added them all together you still wouldn't have enough to justify a new TLP.
    code-zero likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Your tinfoil hat is on WAAAAAY too tight, you need to take that thing off before your brainstem is choked of oxygen.

This is the kind of rhetoric best reserved for a segment on infowars.
  16. pikken New Member

Go look at p1999's numbers. They say otherwise. Thousands. None of those people on are bots.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

Because it would take time and hardware away from developing servers/expansions/whatever that people actually WOULD play and create revenue for the company to continue to make more servers/expansions/etc.
  18. Xenich Elder

I am to be honest. I prefer the "you want it, you earn it by getting it yourself", That is how I played my Monk most of the game.

I can live with a trade server, but you can't deny, a lot of the problems of camps, plat selling, etc... and all the problems associated stem from player trade. Take that away, and a lot of problems are "reduced" (obviously, there are always loopholes, but it would reduce things greatly as without any form of means to "trade" in game, you force people to trade outside of it and if people want to give these plat companies their bank numbers, CCs, and personal info, well... that is the risk they can accept).
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

How much is a sub on P99?
  20. Xenich Elder

Well, there is that.

Which is why I think them selling the server software license and supporting development would be perfect. I could run the server as I liked, ban anyone I didn't like and botters and cheaters would be near non-existent.
    Risiko likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.