Two General Chat Channels? (help pls)

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Aiona, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Aiona Augur

I just came back to the Mischief server after a few months break and I noticed I am getting two general chat channels. They always have the same number but they have different colors, are "labeled" differently, and are obviously different channels but do I really need 2 general chat channels?

I don't think so. Ha-ha. So, would I go about fixing this? I've spent a lot of time adjusting filters and moving things around to "look perfect" (for me), so I don't want to just delete my UI files.

I've tried toggling "Join General Channels" and it doesn't fix this issue. I also don't want to turn off "Join General Channels" if I can help it.

Example:

[IMG]
  2. Randomized Augur

Can't speak on TLLP's and I'm not entirely sure why it's marked a different color, but on Live, if there's more than 400 people in General chat, it'll go and create a sub channel for General (general1), where the overflow go.

Could be what's happening here. I prefer to keep both around because some times someone in the overflow will have what i'm looking for (answers, LFM(G), items for sale, etc etc) and I won't see it if I'm not also in the overflow channel.
    Aiona likes this.
  3. Hegsheoshed Augur

You'll know when you are in the general1 sub channel. No one ever talks. It's like the chat channel of shame. Eventually you type /list to see what channels you are in, type leave 1, type join general and all is right with the world.

Except for you. You would just be leaving the main general chat and rejoining it so you should probably be typing /leave 2.
  4. Conq Augur

I have the same issue on Tunare, except the general channel I'm getting is "#Firiona.General2". That channel is not listed in my /list (I've not joined anything from firiona.server) and cannot be found in my filters - chat channels or otherwise. This chat is spamming my Main Chat window, and I've not found a way to move or delete it. When I type "/leave #firiona.general2", I get the message, "You are not currently in channel #firiona.general2". HLEP!
    Conq
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

it's a bug all around, even on Beta..

I guess this depends on what server you are on, the Cazic General2 is a lively place, because we are a chatty server, and no one pays attention to which channel for general they are in, we just talk. sometimes I will do a double take, realize I'm not in main general channel, and redo my chat channels.