Twitch Stream > Facebook live

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sobmre, Oct 25, 2018.

1. Sobmre Augur

who uses facebook anymore, Cept grandma posting cat pics and some person you were in a HS class with many years ago that posts pics of everything he eats............

Would you please tele cast on Twitch like pretty much every modern gaming company
  2. segap Augur

If the live stream consists of cat jokes yet again, it will be a perfect platform.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  3. Maedhros High King

Who uses Facebook? Just like 2 billion people. Do you even internet?
    Pirlo, Dragon Jockey and Sobmre like this.
  4. Sobmre Augur

lol set myself up for that one i guess
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

The better question is why.
    Barton, rosetone and xcitng like this.
  6. Horyuken Augur

2 Billion users alone at The Internet Research Agency (IRA; Russian: Агентство интернет-исследований, also known as Glavset)
    xcitng likes this.
  7. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Oh who cares how the stream is delivered... as long as we get it. Can you nitpick about something more trivial?
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

There you go again. Daring them. Sigh
    Tatanka and IblisTheMage like this.
  9. Smokezz The Bane Crew

For entertainment sake! :)
  10. Sobmre Augur

Bah, I just wanted to be-able to participate in the chats and see it live since i don't have facebook..

The irony is that i deleted my facebook a few years to stop wasting time on it and be more productive..........
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Not everyone has a Twitch account. So then what? You can still watch it on FB, without an account I believe.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

love Facebook over some thing else.
  13. Nudia Augur

I'd prefer if they streamed it to a few places, especially if it absolutely has to be done in the middle of a weekday.

Twitch is blocked where I work, Facebook isn't. I probably can't watch it either way given the timing, but my chances are at least better with Facebook Live. I imagine others are in similar situations with a few of the available services.

I know late hours suck on top of probably working non-stop right now anyway, but is there any chance these things can happen at some time other than when the majority are (I'd assume or at least like to pretend) working?
  14. AlmarsGuides Augur

You can't watch it on Facebook without an account. You can barely even browse facebook without an account, you can but you get bugged every time you load a new page with a pop up that stops you from doing anything else until you close it. Much of Facebook is off-limits without an account too, even people who have public profiles. You can view their profiles if you're logged in but not otherwise.

That's at least always been my personal experience with the website. I haven't had a Facebook account since 2015 or so. I deleted mine when I started to notice changes in my behaviour. Then I started googling about it and found out that it was proven time and time again that time spent on Facebook has been linked to higher levels of depression.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=facebook depression

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27907020

https://www.google.com/search?q=fac.....69i57j0l5.4583j1j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

If you start paying attention to this too, you can observe it in your own life. I know a few people who spend 3+ hours a day on social media and they're all the most miserable individuals I have ever met. I've also never met a single person who deleted their Facebook account and felt bad or missed it. So far everyone has felt it was one of the best decisions they've made recently. This is all anecdotal evidence of course but just personal observations that back up what the empirical evidence says.

Facebook = higher levels of negative emotions in users.

But that's my anti-facebook rant. Now for people to pick apart my post by saying "I use Facebook and I am not depressed"
    Venau likes this.
  15. segap Augur

I'd prefer they post an actual bullet point summary to the forums afterwards. Something I can spend 30 seconds getting the useful details from rather than watching 30+ minutes of pointless banter.
  16. Brohg Augur

I hope they have a bullet point summary for themselves, ahead of it
  17. Bleve Lorekeeper

So not that I don't believe you, But reading the study you linked looked like a sample size of 790 Facebook users of the 2 billion users. So that's like seeing 1 depressed person of that group, and blaming it on Facebook. The sample size is so small that it seems almost pointless.

This isn't to say you might be right - I do see Facebook tending to show only Liberal points of view, so if the people surveyed were at all conservatives then the "news" delivered by Facebook might make them upset.

Either way I don't care, I'll watch the stream on whatever platform it comes out on.

If you had issues with depression I would urge you to seek professional help and not go by what anyone on the internet says - not even myself. I'm in no way a psychiatric professional, I'm an ex-nuclear power engineer that loves statistics, but I can tell you from personal experience what it's like to struggle with depression.
  18. Febb Augur

Don't have a facebook account and don't want to have one but you still want to watch the stream? Create a email address, register a facebook account using a fake name. Log in and watch the stream. After the stream is over, delete account or keep it for next year and don't log in to it until then.
  19. Raltar Augur

Facebook...well, social media in general, is the worst thing to happen to the human race. Ever.
  20. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

For the love of Tunare, put it on Twitch please. I'm not making a FB account, ever.