Twisted Legacy's Raiding Proposal - Rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Abracadabra, Jul 24, 2015.

1. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Can we go back to trying and discuss a reasonable rotation agreement now? You think we're trash, we get it. The devs said you have to play nice now and you don't like it and that is wery wery sad. You may not like it but that's what is happening. Back to the point please.
    Barton likes this.
  2. Tweene Augur

You do realize one person binding doesn't equate to a guild strategy is bind rush. At no point was anyone asked to bind and rush the mob and that's the point your just making up your own to slander.
  3. -wycca Augur

So let me ask you this. Guilds would presumably skip their turns because they're unable to field raid forces for anything but certain hours. Let's call this prime-time. Let's say prime-time is maybe 4hrs long for the average guild-

So a guild skips their turn because the mob spawn window falls mostly outside of primetime (the mob spawn windows, regardless, are alot larger than primetime periods for guilds).

So with a majority, presumably auto-passing because a majority will probably feel the need to pass semi-regularly, this is what happens under this proposal -

FYI - % chance to spawn during primetime - let's say it's 20%, which is probably about right

Original - TL, Apok, Rosen, RoE, FFA
    New - TL, apok pass - TL, Rosen pass - TL, RoE pass - TL, FFA - new Apok, presumably FFA follows - new Rosen, etc etc

Basically, you end up with a bunch of guilds prime time hunting. I mean, good for us, except that it's constant micro management and movement. You don't cover what happens if 2 guilds want to move to your single FFA slot - I just assumed you'd want to move the FFA out. Essentially, there's likely to be no set FFA under this proposal - someone will always want to swap out and cycles could up to double in length. Oh, and you're pushing out, further and further (72hrs notice!) the FFA nag attempts on that 1 mob.

The guilds who kill responsibly, have just had their time slot doubled as well. Some of them may not want to compete for FFA mobs, but by prime-time hunting, they're forced to wait 2x as long for their slot. Well, either that, or you somehow have to figure out how to cram multiple guilds into the sole FFA slot.

I'm sure it comes across as some sort of TL propaganda or crap, but having spent 18 months immersed in the P99 rotation crap, having seen all sorts of things proposed and picked apart, and abused, etc. Simplest is best, the least amount of management is best. The mechanic proposed here is problematic in both areas.

Honestly, if you wanted to propose something similar with less issues, here is what I'd recommend - take our proposal, and propose that the FFA period linked to a guild is able to be swapped with sufficient notice by that guild. It limits abuses, doesn't extend the rotation's time period, and might be workable. I don't speak for my guild on this, just brainstorming.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  4. BestReleaseNA Augur

An hour is really fair though I think. TL is exceptionally good at mobilizing so I wouldn't use them as a baseline. But one hour to get to the boss, buff, and engage is just about right. This would force people to organize ahead of time and plan. You would have to know where to meet, what strategy is being used, what group structure should be, and players would need to know their roles decently well. Anything over an hour makes it to easy.
  5. Zhama Elder

when you have over 150 corpses from 1 guild, its much more then 1 person doing it.
  6. Rhiyannon Augur

right now aside from figuring out the rotation that is an issue as well.

as more and more reach 50(been there a while myself), with an already top heavy server, there will be more banding together wanting to try. what if two guilds want to assist each other on a raid? where would that fit in?
  7. BestReleaseNA Augur

Why are you even still here? I offered a guild war in the arena. Shouldn't you be able to make that happen as the self-proclaimed apok guild leader?
  8. Hendar2 Augur

To join the rotation a guild must sock or risk having another guild get there first (it is an FFA day). Just so we are clear. Or is there going to be a general agreement to leave Naggy up? I didn't really think so.

Once on the rotation, it sounds like a batphone is needed.

I'm not putting people down for doing those things, but I want to make it clear what is required to be on that rotation.
  9. Tweene Augur

Self proclaimed leader? more slander from TL. If you wanna go i'll make a corpse of you.
  10. BestReleaseNA Augur

In the past 2 days:
    Lord Nagafen was up for 45 minutes, the fight last 244 seconds
    Lady Vox was up for an hour, the fight lasted 190 seconds
    Innoruuk was up for 30 minutes, the fight lasted 253 seconds

Where were you? You could see every strategy used had you been at any of these. If you want to know more about how a particular character maximizes damage, or healing, or how groups are organized then pst them. Most people are more than willing to help.
  11. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

TL's proposal just has too many FFA days in my opinion. I also think 1 hour to engage is too short. 2-3 hours sounds more reasonable. I do agree that the swapping cycles for FFAs and what not does sound like it could be abused in some way or another.
    Barton likes this.
  12. Elkay Augur

13. BestReleaseNA Augur

Have you heard the term sarcasm before?
  14. Tweene Augur

Bottom line no one will agree with a deal that favors one party. Make it fair for all, think for the health of the server and not your own guild or . Don't be greedy they spawn every day, they no longer spawn every 3 days.
    Barton likes this.
  15. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

The way it is proposed is that a new guild would notify the current guilds part of the rotation that they want to have a try at naggy on a given FFA day. The new guild would then be given 2 hours after naggy spawns on that day to kill it to join the rotation. Nobody is interfering with them as they do so, unless they wipe then Naggy is free game.
  16. BestReleaseNA Augur

We have fair already. You dont like fair because you cant win. There is no rotation thats fair.
  17. Tweene Augur

I don't mind things the way they are this is vanilla compared to what i'm used to but its not me I have to think about.
  18. Krysanth Elder

19. Dojii Augur

I see a lot of anger in this thread. We'll work with the guides and leaders of other guilds for sure. Not sure this thread is productive at all.
    Gilamas likes this.
  20. MaestroM Augur

I'm inclined to agree with you here. I was trying to avoid a situation where a non-batphoning guild's turn in the rotation spawns at 10am.

To me, the biggest problem with the game as it is now is that there are some people here who believe that being able to log in at 10am on a weekday = being better at the game. And cheaters (but thats a different story).

To be honest, my initial response was to give a 6 hour window (like on p99). I'm imagining a situation where a guild intentionally doesn't kill their target until the absolutely have to (like another guild is coming for it) because they know the guild after them in the rot is slower to move and if they can push the target out of prime time they increase the chance of FFA. 6 hours isn't perfect (and it doesn't completely fix the above problem) but it gives a better shot at shooting at a target.

Obvious objects to this are there will maybe be fewer targets per week. I don't think this is a problem because until 25 days ago, there were 1/3 of the targets per week that there are now. we're still dealing with more loot than we used to.

I think we need Roshen to come back here and give us a set of goals. What are they trying to accomplish here?

Are you trying to increase access? Then this favors a generous rotation.

Are you only trying to remove DPS racing from bosses? This would mean that a more strict and shorter rotation would be okay.
    Rhiyannon likes this.