Twisted Legacy's Raiding Proposal - Rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Abracadabra, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Moonie New Member

I like Maestro's version!
  2. Rhiyannon Augur

i would suggest that each guild that wants a say put out a preposal like TL/mae(additions), here since it's already been started. TL made a great start, mae did a great counter, now let the others step up... then then let DGB decide which one they are going to back.

i see only one problem though, someone is going to freak no matter what and with the mentality of some, they will choose to ignore and enforce their own personal rotation.

i think an official sticky, once it has been decided, should be up. it should list all guilds in current rotation and allow any who want in to apply in reply with public agreement they will abid by that stickied one, before they can enter the rotation. tht way a dev controls at least that aspect.
  3. Sadsong Elder

Are you suggesting that two guilds will still fight over a specific target?
    ((Guild B and C will be eligible) to contest this FFA period)

If you fail to do so the mob will become free for all in which the raid mob becomes open for any guild to contest.
  4. Marek-EQ Lorekeeper

Maestro's version has my thumbs up.

- Gynx
  5. Usethekamehamehawave New Member

+1 for Maestro's version.
  6. Rhiyannon Augur

i'd amend that to any one them if it's a FFA day, personally i'd pick phinnie just for his short timer.
  7. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Here is the problem that you might not have forseen.

Let's say 4 guilds get in the rotation proposed by Skyp. TL-Apok-Rosenguard-RoE. Let's have a mock up week as an exemple of why this is VERY favorable to TL, let's then take CT as an exemple because he's the hardest of the mobs in the rotation.

Day 1: TL - They get their kill, no doubt here
    Day 2: FFA: Anyone but TL let's just say Apok for the sake of the exemple
    Day 3: Apok : Let's be honest here, we have a lot of fine tuning to do, we will probably wipe for a couple of our first attempts. TL gets this
    Day 4:FFA: TL gets it
    Day 5:Rosenguard: I think they downed the buffed one once? I'm not sure to be honest but they're about as prepared as us I think and can field about an equal raid force, they might wipe. TL gets it
    Day 6: FFA TL gets it
    Day 7:ROE: Nothing against you guys but you got fine tuning to do as well. TL gets this one as well
    Day 8: FFA: TL gets it again.

See the problem here?
    Of course maybe after a few attempts everyone might get all of their ducks in a row and stop wiping, but still. This format HEAVILY favors the top guild part of the rotation.
    Katmandu26 likes this.
  8. Tweene Augur

What TL wants is they want to give you 1 hour and as soon as that's up they will kill your mob. Then they want the next day to be FFA so they can kill since no one can out dps race their army boxes. Then they want their rotation day. Aka 3 Naggy's.

I want the FFA out of the rotation or I like Maestro's proposal that 1 day for FFA.

Instead of considering the health of your guild you should consider the health of the server.
    Barton and MamaBear like this.
  9. UltNec New Member

Phinny is groupable (albeit would take quite a while). Can my 1 group alt guild join rotation?
  10. Machen New Member

I am not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on a lot of things, and their ability to follow through with what they say and keep their word has been attrocious on these servers, far worse than anything we've seen previously (which has been bad.)

But when we know the staffing cuts they have faced, the GM staff situation, I am willing to give the Everquest team the benefit of the doubt (not Daybreak or CN as a whole. If Daybreak/CN wanted to hire more GM's they absolutely could. But I think those decisions are outside the Everquest team's control.)

I think it's remarkable that Roshen said the dev staff, not the GM staff, will be enforcing the rotation. Guess we'll see if that's actually how it plays out, but if Aristo or Prathun start showing up to enforce things, well, I just don't see that happening if they had the option of hiring more GM's instead. No Dev in his right mind would want to do that kind of work.
    Mezrah and Rhiyannon like this.
  11. Rhiyannon Augur

it's a good starting place for those of us who have been locked out so long.
  12. MaestroM Augur

I'm going to assume that Roshen meant the DBG staff would enforce the raid rotation.

If dev's have any free time they should be working on instancing.
    Rhiyannon and Elkay like this.
  13. Elkay Augur

Unless they consider GMs to be Dev staff (not likely), it was probably a miscommunication. He probably meant the GMs.

If he genuinely meant the Dev staff, if I were a DBG Dev, I'd whip up some code to handle it automatically so I didn't have to babysit it myself. :cool:
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  14. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

It's really not. You can kill Phinny with next to no raid force or organisation. You will then go on the rotation and wipe/waste time for the rest of the guilds.
  15. Marek-EQ Lorekeeper

A hypothetical rotation using Maestros version:

Cycle 1:
    TL - Naggy
    Apok - Vox
    RoE - Inny
    Rosen - CT

Cycle 2:
    TL - CT
    Apok - Naggy
    RoE - Vox
    Rosen - Inny

Cycle 3:
    TL - Inny
    Apok - CT
    RoE - Naggy
    Rosen - Vox

Cycle 4:
    TL - Vox
    Apok - Inny
    RoE - CT
    Rosen - Naggy

Cycle 5:
    FFA for all Raid Bosses

Repeat Cycle

If you add more guilds into the mix you just have to have more cycles before the raid target is available for FFA and each guild would be taking a null at some point.
  16. BestReleaseNA Augur

Just stop. TL beat you on inny today with zero boxes in their raid and you had lots of time to kill him since you were already in Hate. This is exactly the problem with this whole rotation. People like you are making excuses. You lost because you made about a hundred mistakes. You continue to lose for the same reasons. You dont deserve any raid targets because you are not good enough to kill them. The fact you want handouts is disgusting.
  17. Machen New Member

He is a professional communicator who is very used to making distinctions between Devs and GM staff. It's possible he misspoke, but it would be out of character.
    Vaclav likes this.
  18. MaestroM Augur

Well then I want to make sure its on the forums that I think that literally anyone else should spend energy on the rotation hehe. People who can be working on instancing, if they have free time, should be.
    Rhiyannon and Elkay like this.
  19. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Nobody is asking for handouts. We're asking for fair shots at raid targets. We're trying to define what is fair. You denying everyone fair shots at raid targets is disgusting. Also you're offering 0 contribution to the discussion we're having and basically just barging in to call people bad, please go away.
  20. Machen New Member

That's sort of the point, there likely is no one else.