Twisted Legacy's Raiding Proposal - Rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Abracadabra, Jul 24, 2015.

1. lalaloup Augur

There's also the option of a guild allowing a shot at an encounter on one of their days, so long as it's mutually agreed on.

It will take a few wipes for some guilds to start figuring out buffed up encounters anyway. This could help shuffle that through the calendar without delaying actual raids by a significant amount.
  2. Esper Augur

It is not highly unlikely, it has been done repeatedly with 1-3 mages total at the raid. We do not use bots on raids except for some buffed sky bosses that you are forced to do so now. We have more than enough DPS without pets.

If you have never seen us kill anything without half our raid as necros or mages it is because you have never seen us kill anything. Try again anonymous nublet.
  3. Hellaciouss Journeyman

Lmfao. Whatever. I just saw you kill Inny yesterday and had about 50 pets hitting him through walls. You're not fooling anyone there nublet. There is a reason TL has the (horrible isoboxer/ users) reputation it does.
  4. -wycca Augur

Signs of a troll - New Member, makes wildly inaccurate statements, attacks a specific group/persons.
  5. Ducreux Augur

CT just died at 4pm on a Saturday afternoon. Apok/TL were there contesting, where were the other guilds that want in on this rotation?

This wasn't even a quick spawn and die situation, ALL of fear was up and had to be cleared first which took at least an hour.
  6. MaestroM Augur

We're not here for your enjoyment. Thankfully, DBG has agreed and is allowing a structure where you guys can do your "competing" thing and we can have our shot without worrying about you.
    Agrippa and Rhiyannon like this.
  7. -wycca Augur

Some people, when proposing ways to slice the pie, have proposed various mechanics that drastically limit the time frame new guilds are allowed to potentially join. I think Jain is commenting on that. There doesn't need to be a specific day of the month, there just needs to be one of the FFA slots available for an attempt on the gate keeper mob. You can have a shot once per cycle. This is another reason we kept the Lockjaw FFA slot for every guild in mechanic. More people get shots - there are no artificial barriers, only common sense ones (making sure you can kill them).
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  8. Vaclav Augur

I read it more that he was truly confused - perhaps I was taking him wrong.
  9. BestReleaseNA Augur

That has nothing to do with anything. You're here to play the same game we are. Right now you're unhappy because were better at the game than you.
  10. Hendar2 Augur

You could also go the Fippy route and have a GM spawn a mob, with the understanding that no loot will be taken. This type of gatekeeper can be used any time of the month.
  11. Hellaciouss Journeyman

Able to field more bot mages != Better at the game.
  12. BestReleaseNA Augur

13. -wycca Augur

If DBG is capable of commiting the resources for this, it would be a splendid idea.
    Rhiyannon and MaestroM like this.
  14. Tweene Augur

You don't use mag bots? Funny I saw different in fear.
  15. Vaclav Augur

Honestly, depending on willingness - that's basically how a good hunk of the Stormhammer rotation was done to my knowledge. GMs spawning gatekeepers in the Arena for sure was their gatekeeping method, I think they MIGHT have done that for some real spawns too.
  16. MaestroM Augur

Actually I'm quite pleased with the idea of a GM enforced rotation.

I don't really care how good you are at this game. If anything, I hope you're really good at this game.

I just want to play the game without you. Not single player, single guild. The game wasn't that way, so i quit. Now they're taking reasonable steps toward making the game playable for me, so... I'm happy and I resubscribed.

The game I want is a big-tent inclusive game, with a healthy community for years to come. The rest of you Donald Trumps of the server think that the only way the game is fun is if people have to keep other people from playing the game in order to play the game themselves. We've been doing your way for years, DBG seems like they're getting ready to try my way.
    Agrippa and Rhiyannon like this.
  17. MaestroM Augur

Look. Stop. I'm tired of people in TL being reasonable. It makes it much harder for me to advocate for my side when you're not behaving like some of the other trolls on here.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  18. Marthisdil Augur

The same place as before - because they haven't been allowed to farm the planes and kept getting run over on minis before the boss buffs.

Oh, wait, you expect everyone to be able to take on a buffed planar god in gear that is below yours, because they were denied the ability to farm said bosses without restriction.

Got it.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  19. Marthisdil Augur

As guild leader of Remnants of Prexus, I'm leaning more towards agreeing with Maestro's edits. TL will still get more than their fair share, even without as many FFA slots, because they are able to field a raid 24x7, which most other guilds are not, so the 3 hour time frame from spawn (plus 1 hour or 2 wipes addendum) will mean they can come in after (or race Apok, or whatever).

The only addition I would put in there is that any guild looking for an FFA timeout *NOT* be near the raid whose slot it is or who is attempting to kill Naggy to get into the rotation. No sense for adding needless lag or causing any "accidents" to happen.

Marth
    Barton and Rhiyannon like this.
  20. BestReleaseNA Augur

You can kill the buffed planar gods in hate/fear gear easily. Quit blaming it on gear.