Twisted Legacy's Raiding Proposal - Rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Abracadabra, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Barbwarrior Augur

Can they still spawn boss mobs in area and you have to kill it to get on rotation or was that a stormhammer think I remember something like this
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  2. Rhiyannon Augur

my guild has somewhere over 70, not enough for a full raid, we had planned on an alliance with another guild. with the exception of only a couple of us(and i do mean a couple), all were raiders on previous servers. we've actually lost members due to the fact we have decided to not deal with the asshattery up to this point. this is the only reason we have never stepped up to try, the asshattery.

competition is great, racing to take out a mob, and taking it down is exciting. i can fully understand the appeal. as i said before i come from a different fully pvp background(FPS PVP against GM run buffed NPCs/or all out war against other Guilds, not point/click), i know raiding from that, and i loved it. there were uber guilds, not so uber guilds and outliers(i was an outlier and wrecking havok was a blast).

the funny thing is... considering the playstyle, the crap that's pulled here from the planes on up, would get you suspended or outright banned. the FFA cause by the lack of KS in the PnP has promoted some pretty nasty behaviors from the guilds/mage armies/farmers (ksing/mob charming/membluring/training/disgusting sexually explicit comments/outright grriefing and harassment), and a payback mentality, which has shown it's ugly head in this thread a few times.

TL has proven they are the uber guild of the server, no one disputes that, they are preped, organized, and have the most bodies to throw at any given mob, and because of this they get the most kills.

here's the problem, you've dominated the server so much, almost no one(even those willing to go through the asshattery/some who are most definitelly part of it) has had a chance at the mobs. the competition part keeps popping up, well, without allowing others to learn/try you prevent the competition you crave that gives you the thrill of winning. it doesn't help when some of your own members belittle everyone in a thread where the guilds are supposed to work together, saying they are unworthy of ANY kill or attempt. most of us are adults, at least physically, let's act like it and try to work something out that benefits the server, and all guilds now and future ones. otherwise the attrition will continue.
    Tweelis, Katmandu26 and Jezzie like this.
  3. Elkay Augur

I haven't seen anything that prevents a guild from forming an "anonymous" alt guild for the FFA days and get into the rotation for farming the droppable gear to syphon some off it to their mains. Nobody is going to check what every toon is wearing to make sure the gear is actually used.

This is a babysitting nightmare.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  4. Rhiyannon Augur

that's why i said this:
  5. Po8tick Elder

+1 Maestro idea.

to add to it - timer - let's simplify it. You say 3hrs, I would like to adjust the timer on this.

Lets say Vox spawns ingame at :14:23 - your proposal would put Vox FFA at 17:23 but it's gonna be hard to time that and noone is going to referee it.
    So let's round it.

Vox spawns at 14:23 - first guild in rotation has until 17:00 - a window if 2hr and 37mins
    at the same time, let's say Boc spawns at 14:59 - that guild now has a window of 2hr 1min
    Vox spawns at 14:01 - that guild has 2hr 59 mins to engage.

Basically you are guaranteed no less than 2hrs and no more than 3hrs.
    everyone has the same stop watch - /time and use in-game server time to determine when their time is up. Less dispute and BS. Some days, you may luck out and have a 3hr window, other days you wont.

timer isnt bias to any guilds at all.
  6. Po8tick Elder

Let's go with, you're right. It will favor them for maybe a week or two. Eventually, Apok, Rosen and RoE will then finish their mobs. Practice makes perfect. So be it. Eventually TL loses their holds on this and now the playing field is even. As it stands, it's all TL - this is a transition of them losing it. We are all beign given a chance now, w/o interference, . This benefits us more than TL does.
  7. Po8tick Elder

I

I am not even a TL member - but his proposal is fantastic. YES what you are saying is true. But eventually, RoE, Apok, Rosen will secure their kills. So what TL will get half the targets for the first week or two... SO BE IT. Those 2 weeks allows the rest of us to learn of the mechanics and strategize better.
    Some of us - wants to raid the target free of hassle, , pet walling. some of us wants to tank and spank it and we will probably wipe many times and lose our phat loot. But eventually, we will manage to kill it and secure our kills during our scheduled time and TL no longers get those free kill.

Lastly - so what you really saying is - you're not confident of killing your damn target so it doesnt go to TL? If so, like holly said - you don't deserve to kill naggy. Just saying. /mic drop
  8. BestReleaseNA Augur

No ones prevented from trying. Next raid due as of this post is Cazic-Thule. Get a tracker there and start getting to work. Doing anything less is just making excuses.
  9. Progress Augur

I don't think there should be any FFA days as it serves no purpose. Maybe set aside a couple days a month for guilds that want to try to join the rotation. Yes, TL will get extra kills while guilds are learning the new buffed versions but at least they are getting attempts as opposed to the current status quo.
    Barton likes this.
  10. -wycca Augur

So who gets to just what is a legit guild and isn't? You can't. They all have to be treated fairly and evenly - they all get their shot. Yes, the rotation could balloon to 20, 30, even 40 guilds theoretically.

In our rotation, everyone is equal, everyone gets a shot.

Rotations are always babysitting nightmares. This is why our proposal has DBG babysitting - they wanted it, they can babysit it.
    Elkay likes this.
  11. MaestroM Augur

This. Alternatively, DBG could watch accounts/IPs and make sure 1 guild isn't completely made up of members from other guilds. I don't know how likely this is to happen though. The big purpose would be for RMT, which would require many many many accounts, which seems kinda plausible right now but i expect RMT to dry up some once people can actually fight their way into a rotation.

Probably not necessary.
  12. Miseryhatescompany Journeyman

Lets be honest, the proposal to have DBG babysit it, isn't because its a nightmare, its because TL wants to fight this as much as possible. Skyp is trying to find some sort of loophole or "I tried to work in the system but they didn't want to" type excuse to keep doing what you're doing. Its pretty obvious from the anon TL members trying to start trouble in all of these threads.
    Barton, Rhiyannon and lalaloup like this.
  13. lalaloup Augur

So long as the rest of pre-kunark is largely open to anyone who wants a shot (with more than an hour buffer, but not more than 3) seems reasonable if the start of kunark will be opened as FFA for at least two weeks to a month.

As long as this is less about "redistributing the wealth" and more about keeping people engaged over the long term.

So if skill truly is the deciding factor - rather than being disproportionately organized before the servers release - there wont be any problem maintaining an overall advantage. Time will tell.
  14. Hellaciouss Journeyman

Has TL legitly killed buffed nag? Last time they killed him all I saw was 50+ pets beating on him through walls while not taking aoe damage.

Is that "competition" or "exploitation at it's finest"?

If "learning" to exploit to kill stuff is what all the "competition" is about, I can see why a certain guild is the most upset here (cough *TL* cough) about these rotations because they have exploitation killing down to an art.
    Barton likes this.
  15. Sabbon Journeyman

Um, yes. TL can kill naggy without 1 mage.
  16. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Why would guilds who want to get on the rotation have to wait until certain days of the month?
    Mezrah and Rhiyannon like this.
  17. Hellaciouss Journeyman

Highly unlikely. They don't have the DPS without the mages. I've never seen them kill anything without at least half their raid being mages/necros.
  18. Vaclav Augur

That's my guess what the "dev involvement" implied will be if things come down to it. [At least as a stopgap until instancing, pretty obvious that would force instancing after a bit since it would regularly eat into their time to down "Stormhammer" raids in the Arena/whatever.]
  19. Vaclav Augur

Under the plans proposed they need to schedule a day that would typically be FFA as one that they'd "take" from the cycle. So if you've got very few FFA days they might have to wait a week or two instead of just a few days to schedule a slot.

Really surprised you need it explained, Jain, day starting off bad?
    PathToEternity likes this.
  20. Elkay Augur

When one raid drop could potentially feed 2 groups of boxes for a month, yeah, I definitely wouldn't rule it out.