Twincast stacking during

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Kelset, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Kelset Elder

Trying to optimize my burn setups for my two wizards and was testing twincast the spell and improved twincast the AA on combat dummies. Since Twincast the spell does not wear off in the guild hall I wanted to verify what I'm seeing.
    * You can stack the spell and the aa if you cast the spell first.
    * If you activate the aa first, the spell does not stick and greys out which loses it.
    * If you have them stacked using the first method, the counter on the aa does not move down as long as the spell is still active
    (By stacked I don't mean you get double twincasts, just that they are both active)

Given this, my burn set up should be spell, then aa and assuming I cast 20 qualifying spells after twincast the spell wears off, I should have full use of both.

Is there any reason you wouldn't do this, such as pairing with other aa's or spell combo's one works better than the other? I know I can also do this manually but trying to minimize switches between characters.

Thanks for any advice.
  2. Kelset Elder

Title should have been twincast stacking during burns, oops.
  3. Sancus Augur

Two things:

First, If the AA is in a higher buff slot than the spell, you can have both on, but the counters of the AA will be consumed first. The likelihood of this happening is low, but theoretically could occur if you cast the Spell, a buff in a higher buff slot wears off, and then you cast the AA. If you cast them at literally the same time the chance of that occurring is essentially zero.

Secondly, and the reason most do not do this, is you cannot proc additional Twincasts via Claw if you have Improved Twincast on. Getting lucky with a few additional Twincast procs can double (or more) the duration that you have the spell on you. Having Improved Twincast on limits you to exactly three ticks of spell Twincast.
    Yendar likes this.
  4. Kelset Elder

Thanks Sancus, that 2nd point makes it a no go then. I'll try to find another way to optimize, thanks.