'Twas the Weeks of Frostfell...

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

Dust off your stocking caps, shine up your sleighs, and tighten the bows on your presents – Frostfell has returned! It’s the most beloved of the seasonal events in Norrath, and it’s back – once again – to warm your hearts and spirits right into the New Year!

[IMG]

You may have already noticed the Frostfell celebrations that began on Thursday, December 3, 2015. We’ve got an array of different events that will run until 11:00PM PST on Thursday, January 21, 2016. Here’s what’s planned for the holiday season:

Quests, Quests, Quests!

The first phase of the Frostfell celebration began this year on December 3 and will run until 11:00PM PST on December 15, 2015. Visit the Frostfell Goblin to begin the “Upgrading Stockings” quest, and continue on to complete other returning favorite holiday quests for special Frostfell-themed items. The quests that will be available during the first phase are:
    • Frostfell - Searching for Clues (#1)
    • Frostfell - Saving Santug (#2)
    • Search for Bram Bandyboot
    • Rescue Hailie Biggeyes
    • The Freedom of Kanf Shadowhands
    • The Savior of Gemmi Goodkin
    • Misplaced Wishes
    • The Frostclaw Lair
    • Gathering Holiday Cheer
    • Operation: Jolliness

The next phase of our Frostfell celebration will begin at midnight December 16th and run until 11:00pm PST on December 30th, 2015. During this time, you’ll be able to continue spreading holiday cheer and complete these quests:
    • Frostfell - Santug's List (#3)
    • Frostfell - A Gift for Tinam (#4)
    • Frostfell - Fishing for a Feast (#5)
    • Frostfell - Baking for a Feast (#6)
    • Frostfell - Fireworks (#7, low, mid, and high-level)

This celebration is too big to be contained in one location, so look for your favorite holiday NPCs in different areas of Norrath to continue the party! The remaining part of the Frostfell celebration will run from midnight December 31st until 11:00pm PST on January 7th, 2016.

Santug Claugg

[IMG]

What do you know about ogres who dress in red armor before handing out goodies to all of the good little adventures in Norrath?

Santug Claugg will only be giving out gifts from Thursday, December 24 through Saturday, December 26, 2015. Don’t miss him this year!

New Marketplace Additions!

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Check out the Marketplace for new and returning Frostfell-themed items beginning December 9th. These items are only available until 11:00PM PST on Sunday, January 31, 2016, so don’t delay!

Also, the elves (and ogres and dwarves…) have been busy at work in Player Studio! New Frostfell-themed goodies crafted by talented artists in the EverQuest community will also be coming to the Marketplace on December 9th. Unlike the other holiday items, these will remain available for purchase long after the holiday decorations have been packed away in anticipation of next year’s celebration.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And a Happy New Year!
    Pizmip Nobbletod, Kilina Odenburg. and M.C. Tinkerton will be returning this year. Check back later for these NPCs as they start ringing in the New Year, with their events that begin in Norrath on Saturday, December 26, 2015!

Are you interested in joining the fun? The celebrations have already begun! Be on the lookout for holiday NPCs throughout Norrath.

Santug Claugg has been watching, so it’s time to do some last-minute good deeds in hopes of making the Nice list! Happy Frostfell, Norrathians!
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

No 15 Days of Frostfell / Holiday Cheer like last year?
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

What are the titles when you complete the Dog collection?
  4. N'VekQ New Member

Woo! Lots of cool stuff here. I better hurry and get going on phase 1!

I imagine not too many people care now :( .... but will there be the giving of LoN Frostfell Gift Box packs? I think they were given out once a day for a few days (12?) before the actual holiday?

They *might* have been something to do with tournament participation, but I'm pretty sure not, because I know I had tons. Fairly sure they were just something you claimed once a day.

That would be nice. :) Thanks - Blyx
  5. Saeadyan Elder

Such a shame there's been nothing new since 2008. :( It would be really cool to see some new frostfell quest lines. I know your plate is overflowing with things to do right now all you devs. Just saying it would be nice to see something that isn't a minimum of 7 years old.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  6. Quicktunez New Member

I don't see the white and blue version in the market place.
  7. days New Member

Anyone know specifically which quests for the frostfell in-game reward armor
  8. beryon Augur

Do you see a black and gold version? :D

The white & blue set is from the Braxi Roundup quest. You get one piece per run. There are also weapon ornament rewards, but you can only get one of those, so choose carefully. I haven't seen any indication of how long it's running.

I'm a bit disappointed at the missed opportunity to make one of the puppies a doge familar. It could follow you around and offer random comments like "such spell. so weapon. wow."
  9. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

frostfell frigid plate and chain looks way better than the arx mantis counterpart. lol
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Super job on all of this artwork by Daybreak and the players. This might be the nicest Hero's Forge yet. :)
  11. Mukkul Augur

No, the Braxi Roundup task gives you a weapon ornamentation.
    The Festive Frostfell armor sets are sold in the marketplace for $10.
    But where does Frigid Frostfell armor come from?
  12. Riou EQResource

From Braxi Roundup
  13. Poppinfresh Elder

Evidently it's also tradeable, at least for now. Check your bazaar if you've got plat to burn.
  14. Vlad Diszno Augur

Does each type of dog have it's own special animation or are they all completely the same?
    Do some of the dogs actually come w/ wreaths around their necks? If so, do those wreaths double as scratch protection collars?
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Who gives the new quest for Heros Forge?

Stocking quests new or will the auto update when you log in if you have done them previously?
  16. Silv Augur

Same quest NPC as before for Braxi Roundup (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=6192). You have to repeat it 7 times if you want a full set of the new Hero's Forge.
  17. Phynster2 Journeyman

the fact that you have to do the quest 7 times for full set is a bit ridiculous... should give entire set of armor when u do it once...
  18. Silv Augur

If you shroud to 55 when you request the task you get the natimbi version... takes all of 5 minutes. That said... yeah... it's kindof stupid. However, since it's tradeable I guess they didn't want people flooding the market with full sets of armor for so little work.
    Iila likes this.
  19. Phynster2 Journeyman

it is tradeable, but isn't it the same as the weapon ornaments where u can only choose one of them anyways... can't get that as a reward again
  20. Iila Augur

Takes 5 minutes as a port class.

Condolences for melees.