Tutorial on Agnarr?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sandrito, Apr 28, 2017.

1. Sandrito Elder

The subject says it all, will the tutorial be enabled when Agnarr opens next month? I was planning to play a tank, but I'll play something easier if i end up tanking in cloth for 30 levels :)
  2. Eyepk Lorekeeper

No tutorial in classic. If you are talking full sets then you are looking at banded to bronze to planar really. In all reality you will have some leather and chain while leveling finding new stuff like mithril on the way buy don't worry lots and lots of shamans. To be brutally honest a tank is who holds aggro when the enchanter pet drops charm that's about it. Until you get berate at 35? You won't even be able to hold aggro over a monk who will most likely be taking most of the leveling stuff.
  3. Rhodz Augur

Tutorial is a PoP era now I think, has been on Ph a while.
    Kind of bum wrap as there are one or two useful items from that little dungeon earlier chars cannot ever see. Or maybe there is a way for them to acquire them, dunno.
  4. snailish Augur

Tutorial on Phinny was slightly out of whack... it has the later armor that makes the pop flagged newbie armor quests obsolete. These shouldn't drop on a server at the exact same time...

Hopefully, for future progression, something is done about that. (move the newbie armor to earlier era, era-lock the tutorial armor differently, move the tutorial to GoD, etc.).
  5. Razzle Augur

Nothing like tanking in your underwear for 30 lvls.o_O
    Rhodz likes this.
  6. Syllestrae Elder

I made a bard on Ragefire to test the XP rate compared to Phinigel. I've been playing like I would on Agnarr (only buying regular NPC inventory, no buffs from other players, etc). I'm not even level 5 and I almost have a full set of leather from selling rat eyes and skeleton tibias and crap. I'm sure on the live server I'll be able to pick up a set of banded from some guild's blacksmith pretty quickly.

I know you're trying to exaggerate to make a point, but it's pretty far beyond exaggeration. Armor's really not that hard to come by after only a few levels of rat smackin.
  7. Rhodz Augur

Yeah banded is not terrible and IIRC most goes at around 100p a set or so first few weeks.
    If you can get it cheaper so much the better but I would say two weeks in banded being very common.
    Bigger problem is weapons, they purposely left those at the mercy of drops much to our consternation now..
  8. Sandrito Elder

Thanks all for your responses. If i recall some places drop ringmail too... I'll go that route i think
  9. Eyepk Lorekeeper

The good warriors do the crafted quests too well most all good players do their class armor quests but most casuals just go from nothing to planar rots at 46
  10. Baselisk Journeyman

best bet - start a blacksmith - or just hang in unrest and buy a fs weapon and bronze off people and get a full suit and your set then do your crafted armor quest - you will get more invites if you can take hits and hold agro