Turning off Announcing Achievements?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Coruth, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Coruth Augur

I know we can turn off hearng them, can we turn off announcing them some way I have missed?

And if we can't currently. Could we please have a way to shut announcing them in future?
  2. Riou EQResource

You can't turn off announcing them no
  3. Tegila Augur

4. yaddab Augur

So that when you tell your new guild that you have 4000 AAs and then ping 1000 in guild chat they know you lied !
  5. Cicelee Augur

They can always just type /achievement when they are close to an applicant and them compare achievements to see if they are truthful as well :)
    moogs likes this.
  6. moogs Augur

If this actually works, then thanks. I learned something today.
    Diptera likes this.
  7. Diptera Augur

I keep going through the cycle of getting tired of seeing announcements for every paltry achievement by every guild member, so I switch them off... Then I get the feeling that I'm missing something because randomly a dozen people in /gu will say "grats" for no obvious reason, so I switch them on... then I get tired of seeing announcements for every paltry achievement by every guild member, so I switch them off again...
    Mellifleur likes this.
  8. Coruth Augur

So when I zone 6 chars into a new zone all at once for same time, I don't spam everyone *6?
    Or when someone is PLing a new char or group of chars, spam 100, 200, 300, *4-5-6?

Same reality is why does "Anonymous" Exist. sometimes you just want it.

All achievements are checkible anyway, so why force people to announce?

Can we please get a "Announce to Others" toggle button ?
  9. Rogue Augur

Sounds like you are up to no good and don't wanna get busted.
  10. Tegila Augur

jsut filter to another window like many do so they can see if htey want and ignore if they want
  11. Canarit New Member

How do I do that?
  12. Coruth Augur

Example of silliness of not being able to toggle

Last night I did 6 Travellers Achievements * 10 chars in span of 90 minutes + of course the portal achievement.
  13. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd love to be able to filter out some of the achievements, I don't need to see who has just completed a collection or who has finish which slayer achievement. But I do like to see who has leveled, who has got AA or finished a line of progression.

The kill achievements are most annoying on a raid and I wish I could disable the reward box poping up when I'm in the middle of traversing the lava or running to a pool to get a dot cured or remove shroud.