Tuco's Setup (Critique Welcome!)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tucoh, May 6, 2017.

1. Alnitak Augur

#6 in your team could be a Mage - damage shield is useful, extra pet for offtanking adds and principal value - CoTH logistics, which makes many zones/tasks tolerable. Also, mage aura boosts BST warder's damage and Synergy heals both pets.
    Alternatively - a ranger. Great aDPS buffs for the group, similar damage shield, decent dps, long-duration snare (which your team misses, and is very valuable in some situations).
  2. Tucoh Augur

Yeah my account #5 uses a mage, who is in my "main" group, largely because of CotH. I also have a TBL maxed mage on account #6 from when i did my 4x mage group. Account #6 also has a ranger, who i was kinda disappointed by.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Zaknaffein Augur

Monk for synergy or another war cause OP ~
    Tucoh likes this.
  4. aozs Elder

Should be pretty straightforward to set up pally in the dps/heal role. For lower level spells the only things that come to mind are Pureforge Discipline (level 90), Holyforge Discipline (55), Blessed Aura (70), Blunted Blade (99).
  5. Chaosflux Augur

It wasn't a make them the driver thing for the entirety of thr groups existence, it was more a tactical "when warrior has main burns going swap"

For guides, playing dps support

Basically chain HOTT heals spammed from a multibind, with disruptive persecution woven in till mana becomes problematic then drop down to just hott heals.

Use spire/gaoti and splash/dissident/wave to whether ae damage/heal

Use valorous rage/pureforge/righteous on cooldown

Try to get killshots to keep BOTF going

You have 4 emergency instant cast aa for healing the tank

Burst for a spell based patch heal, with your main healing throughput coming from Remonstrate/Censure and whatever you use for a 3rd either valiant or theow in a couple of the nukes content depending. Doctrines are really good versus undead.

Remon/Censure/Valiant is 100% spell cast up time, with a pace of healing similar in cadence to reckless x3 or remedy x3 just less significant in healing theoughput compared to those
    Tucoh likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Thanks for the guide, this is really helpful. I noticed that Blessing of the Faithful seems to have a really dramatic DPS buff (4: Increase Hit Damage by 190% (v185)) compared to other classes (Ranger's Hunter's Fury is 1: Increase Hit Damage by 55% (v185), warrior/mnk/ber/rog is 1: Increase Hit Damage by 45% (v185) which does nothing to help ber/war who have Battle Leap Warcry) . Am I misreading it?

I don't really like orchestrating who gets kills, especially for a class that doesn't have a big DD they can lob every minute or so.
  7. FranktheBank Augur

I prefer to pull as many as humanly possible. Riposte is huge amounts of damage. And it's really the only time healer cooldowns matter.

As far as original question, it's just what you want to do. Group content is easy enough that it doesnt really matter.

War Brd Shm Ber Ber Bst.
  8. Wulfhere Augur

That's true. It's perhaps the most valuable personal DPS AA that a paladin can get.

We've built strategies around proc'ing it before or during hard fights because it's one of the few offensive AA that delivers an impact for the class.
  9. Chaosflux Augur

Its got a 45% chance to proc if you are chaining DP and nukes you can usually keep an ok uptime on it. If you really put effort in it goes up, I'd just try to sync VR up with it, if you get a proc.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Why do you say it has a 45% chance to proc if you're using Divine Persecution? Isn't that chance to proc directly related to the proportion of damage you're doing to the mob? I'll be happy if my paladin does 20% of my group's DPS, so I figure that unless I micro it by backing off DPS on my other boxes + leaning on Divine Persecution near the end of a mob's life I'll have a coin's toss chance in getting it to proc on a group of 3 mobs. Not too bad if I'm grinding up mobs where I usually kill a mob every 20s or so for prolonged periods.
  11. Chaosflux Augur

No no more if you are using disruptive, that's a big nuke.

I can usually keep it going about half the time if I am aggressively nuking.

It has a base 45% chance to proc, so if you are killing say a mob every 20s, in the 180s it lasts you should be able to average atleast a couple killshots to get a chance at a refresh.

DP just increases the likliehood of getting a proc because it raises your hit count of damaging hits, so it's more likely you can sneak more killshots then if you were to not be nuking constantly.

Once its going its much easier to get subsequent procs (especially with a bard) because your doing more dps per hit so more likely one of those melee hits is the one that knocks thr mob down proportionally than if its not going
  12. Zigz New Member

Hey there, curious if you would make your ui available? Ive skimmed through the thread to try and find it, so apologies if I missed it linked somewhere. I really like the edits you've made and as a boxer having more visibility on certain things would be invaluable.
  13. Vaeeldar Augur

So Tucoh. 100% unsure of your overall goals depending on your plans group make-up will vary. At this point I can pull together almost any six box from caster to melee dps and - synergy focus builds to just plain odd groups. The most dependable groups I have though:

tank - Pal/Sk I can also go war.
    brd
    Shaman healer
    Ber
    Ber
    Bst

By far most consistent high dps. That being my 3 rogue group with the above also is “almost” as good. 3 Necro is also fun, and 3 monk ain’t horrible but not as easy powerhouse as the rogue/ber groups.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Good timing! I just refreshed my UI, so it's up to date. It's pretty much just https://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=4620 with old spell icons + some modified health bars that https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?members/syylke_emarr.4715/ gave me.

https://github.com/jimmyw404/eq_uifiles.git

https://github.com/jimmyw404/eq_uifiles/archive/refs/heads/main.zip
  15. Tucoh Augur

Interesting! I'd love to see a vid of you running through the tougher ToV/CoV missions.

What's your reason for stacking rogues, ber or monks instead of having a mix of them?
  16. KrakenReality Augur

Have you done ToL Beta at all? Was wondering your thoughts on it.
  17. Tucoh Augur

Nope! I never bought CoV, and just got ToL so I'm experiencing CoV now. Just finished cobalt scar progression, so I'm just getting into it.
  18. Tucoh Augur

Second kill on Aaryonar! I really enjoy this fight. There's so much that happens at the same time when the orbs spawn. I botched when I didn't realize Grolik's aura was right behind the fire aura I used to squelch the orbs, but otherwise I did OK.

19. FranktheBank Augur

Just so you know, you can hold aary at 63-65%, wait for auras, get fire aura, send aary into sky, 1 tap grolik and kill aary.
  20. aozs Elder

Yeah, it's one of the more interesting missions because there's several different ways it can play out. I've farmed it several dozen times and never actually killed or despawned any of the adds. I just root punt 'em all with my shaman.

By 1 tap grolik, do you mean instantly killing him before his first despawn? Or is there some other mechanic I'm missing? As far as I know the insta kill has some pretty specific comp requirements, like multiple zerkers or chromatic haze + multiple nukers.