Tuco's Setup (Critique Welcome!)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tucoh, May 6, 2017.

1. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I need more time to study this thread so I know how to utilize my bard better :D
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  2. Thenbk New Member

Can you share your ini on your main. Love the setup, how did you get the cast timer bar changed. I’ve not had luck with this. Thanks
  3. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I guess the bottom line is that with my setup I find that I can probably tank\CC\heal as well, but my DPS isnt on the same level as Tucoh due to my lesser understanding of bard synergy. My mage integration and spell rotations have gotten much better and that has helped for sure at this point in TBL.
  4. Fohpo Augur

I honestly think for the average person, in a group setting, they would get more out of another mage than they would with a bard. Especially with decent social macros to chain cast, bards take a lot of time to learn how to effectively stack enough aDPS to outweigh another mage.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  5. IblisTheMage Augur

Well, I would add it for comfort. A /melody bard will not only stack up maybe 15%? aDPS, but the mana inflow will make life so much more comfortable. The swarm pets will add to Of Many, and you can put him on a mount, and maybe throw in some insults :).
  6. enclee Augur

Tucoh,

I know you like to run 2 healers, but I've been enjoying my CLR as the sole healer. I use the num-pad on the keyboard only for the healer. It makes my setup pretty responsive to any of my characters taking damage, needing cures, group heals, etc. I also key bind my main spam key to just heal my SK.

Just thought I'd share my take on boxing a healer.
    Pirlo and Tucoh like this.
  7. enclee Augur

Tucoh and any other boxers, what's your frame per second hitting?
  8. Parker Elder

I'm not running Fraps or anything but I can tell when I'm having fps issues...so far I'm not. I 5 box with same program Tucoh uses...it alows you to dedicate one core to each instance automatically which I do. I use a fx 8350 I core 1050ti card...I also live stream to twitch while doing all that. I coukd turn on the fps indicator for the actual number wnd report back if you wish.

Also this program allows you to set fps limits for foreground and background but I have not gotten it to work so I'm running at the default of 30fps for background instances I assume. I used to run at 0 fps for background using WinEq which was great for things like autofollow.
  9. Ceffener Augur

3 boxes I ran the game without any background d FPS limiting, max graphics etc.

980ti and an 2014 i5 (is OCd at 4.3GHz)

4 boxes the CPU would start hitting 100% in newer zones, so I limited the background frames down to 24fps and turned sky down to simple (honestly feel like you can’t see it most the time). And I’ve dropped back down to 50-60% CPU usage.

What is amusing is most the time the network usage is under <64Kbs even with 4. I think a single client would still run fine on dial up lol.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Depends entirely on the zone and what is goign on around the characters. I try to boost my FPS of my boxes as much as possible because /follow is a per-frame operation (in other words, it works waaaay better at high FPS).

I actually have my background FPS capped at 80fps for that reason, there are times where autofollow will fail at 70fps where it works fine at 80fps.

But when I run through a giant lag pile of buff-seeking AFK players in PoK, my fps drops to single digits.
  11. enclee Augur

Thanks for the replies. I feel like my setup is under-performing. My main window is usually hitting 50-55, while the rest are 10-30 fps. It doesn't seem to matter, which zone either. Currently, using an i5-4690K processor. I need to look into optimizing my performance.
  12. Tucoh Augur

13. enclee Augur

Thanks Tucoh, I'll look into it. I was watching my CPU usage last night and was sitting at 84% with CPUs 2, 3 & 4 hitting and staying at 100%.
  14. enclee Augur

Fixed my performance issues, had to limit the FPS on my screens down to 45 on the main and 30 on the background, and get away from round-robin style CPU assigning.

On another note, have you made an attempt at any old raids? I did some old SoF raids and that was pretty fun. I'm thinking I'll look at moving up through expansions, as much as I can.
  15. enclee Augur

16. Tucoh Augur

Doing older raids sounds more fun than it is in practice. One of my goals when I started this thread was to do old raids, but that got knocked out of me pretty quickly.

The challenge is generally trying to deal, circumvent or overpower the raid mechanics. The mechanics are intended to be distributed to a raid full of people, so trying to do them is often very frustrating.

Example: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3503 is an absolute nightmare because you have to do so many things at once.

The three sister's event for the epic augment quest is annoying but doable, and a lot of people are familiar with it.

A lot of raid encounters are simply annoying because they'll put a debuff on some number of people every so often. When you are one out of 40-54 people that means you get your turn every minute or two. When you're playing all the people, you get all of the debuffs and have to deal with it every time on multiple characters.

Aaryoner in Corrupted NTOV is a good example. His dreadstare mechanics requires you to look away from him or get hit with a 76k PBAE. It's not hard to deal with, just annoying having to constantly turn your characters toward or away from him.

It'd probably be something I'd do more if there were rewards I cared about, or the videos I recorded for them were more interesting or even relevant. As it stands if I did, say, most of the RoF raids, I don't think I'd get anything from it, wouldn't have much fun and nobody would really be that interested.
  17. Debauche New Member

Tucoh, following up on this. Could you share your customized UI. Thanks love your videos.
  18. Tucoh Augur

I received this PM and don't really feel confident in being able to answer with authority, so I figured I'd put my thoughts here for the community to judge.

I think that my mage team (4x mage, enc, cle) could do all the TBL group progression tasks, but they'd be significantly harder than with my melee team setup purely because plate tanks are so strong. I think it'd be much more difficult for a team with one mage to do them, because they wouldn't have the kind of dispersed damage intake that a 4x mage team has, and wouldn't be able to cycle through cooldowns like

[51893/12776] Companion's Fortification XXII
    1: Decrease Offhand Damage Shield Taken by 75%
    2: Increase Chance to Avoid Melee by 60%
    4: Absorb Spell Damage: 25%, Total: 350000
    5: Absorb Melee Damage: 25%, Total: 350000
    7: Increase AC by 120

[51895/12770] Companion's Blessing XXVII (Azia)
    6: Absorb Melee Damage: 50%, Total: 30000
    7: Cast: Companion's Blessing XXVII (Beza) on Fade

over four characters. If you had one mage I'd recommend bringing a cleric and another healer, along with an enchanter.

One thing DBG doesn't get enough credit for in TBL is that the toughest missions are made way easier with CC, so the missions like Strange Magic, Tyrant of Fire, Relic Raider are really not that tough if your CC class can keep stuff under wraps. I initially did them via brute force because I didn't even think to try CCing them, but switched to CC pretty quickly once I realized it.

So, I'd be surprised and impressed to see vids of the tougher missions being done with a pet class, but I think it's something that I could do with four mages, an enchanter and a healer.
  19. Petalonyx Elder

I've completed all the TBL group progression on mage-mage-pal-dru with mage pets tanking everything except ralaifin spiders (wurmslayer paladin for those). Near max AA, EM 21, no pet gear. The paladin gets played like a cleric and doesn't tank, although he is usually my go_to if an add shows up unexpectedly.

Mage pets go down sometimes, but i have buffed suspended replacements, and run with summon earth elemental on bar permanently in case i need to resummon. I think it would be a lot easier with a shaman in the mix.

EDIT: I like how the PM doesn't include paladin as a potential tank option!
    Tucoh likes this.
  20. Tucoh Augur

Very impressive. What would you say was the hardest part of TBL for your team?