Tuco's Setup (Critique Welcome!)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tucoh, May 6, 2017.

1. Fohpo Augur

Boxing in WoW just isn't fun anyways, GW2 isn't really any better with the complex rotations. Caster team is making progress, about to break the level 106 threshold and start grinding some AA/gear in Conflagrant.
  2. Tucoh Augur

3. Parva Lorekeeper

Tucoh how would a Sk,Bard,Shaman,Druid,Berserker,Mage do on the trials and progression if I 6 boxed it?
  4. Tucoh Augur

Very well but I'd recommend swapping either the druid or shaman for a cleric. Their defensive contribution is just too high to give up.
  5. Fohpo Augur

It's funny because for the last two expansions, I've felt like a cleric in a group was overkill.
  6. Tucoh Augur

Yep, and you're definitely not alone in that. In EoK/RoS having a cle/shm tag-team healing in my group just let me pull stupid amounts of mobs at the same time, and I had more fun when I played with a ranger instead of a shaman.

In TBL having a cle/shm in the group allowed me to breeze through missions at release while a lot of the community here was saying it was impossible without raid gear.
    Pirlo and code-zero like this.
  7. Fohpo Augur

Box group almost 110 then I'm going to start working on progression, I'm hoping the pal/dru combo is enough healing for TBL.
  8. enclee Augur

Tucoh,

Have you tried working in any of the bard's Insult line of spells for the synergy effect?
  9. Tucoh Augur

Yes, absolutely. The insult song is a substantial source of ADPS. Depending on who else is stacking + damage on the group it provides 45k per person/pet. For my group that's 8 buffs or 360k damage. It usually fires every third spell or something, so that's around 40k DPS from the synergy on the song alone. I don't know how much average damage the song itself does, but I think it's around 100k. And the recent change to not break melody if a song is on cooldown makes it a lot easier to use my bard and maximize their insults by attempting to play insult every other spell.

I made a thread about TBL melodies here:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/tbl-melodies.253283/

But right now I have a few melodies I use. The primary one is:
    Aria of Maetanrus->War March of Dekloaz->Rigelon's Reckless Renewal->Pulse of Xigan->Chorus of Xigam->Song of Suffering

But with Insult between each song, so it looks like:
    insult
    Aria of Maetanrus
    insult
    Rigelon's Reckless Renewal
    insult
    War March of Dekloaz
    insult
    Pulse of Xigan
    insult
    Chorus of Xigam
    insult
    Song of Suffering
  10. enclee Augur

Oh nice thanks Tucoh, I’m working a bard into my team now and was reading through your original post.
  11. Ecchicon Elder

If it hasn't changed recently, if you attempt to cast both insults every song you should end up casting more insults over time due to a difference in the song's recast timer and the line's lockout timer.
  12. Tucoh Augur

Good to know, I'll give that a shot. I've got spare gems for it.
  13. Israfel Elder

Although Tucoh hasn't stated it explicitly, he has hinted at something a few times in various posts about his setup and strategy and other players have discussed it as well.

The cleric class is one that often seems to be far more narrowly utilized than it needs to be. I rarely see clerics utilizing their offensive capabilities or establishing a combat healer setup and style of play. Having a cleric set as a secondary healer with healing reactive nukes and procs can be surprisingly effective.

On another note, this can also work with a paladin. I don't personally have any knowledge as to which class would work best as a combat healer, but keep in mind that there are paladin players out there that have no problem as the groups sole tank and healer. I'm also under the impression that a paladin can/should out-damage a cleric, but it's been a long time since I've ever looked at this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

I've considered trying to use my cleric offensively (I've certainly dumped enough points into his offensive AAs...) but I haven't found a configuration that works well enough to be worth it.

What do you do to set up a cleric as a secondary healer that deals damage, and what kind of DPS have you parsed from them?
  15. Brohg Augur

especially in TBL since stuns are so good, a multibind of Unyielding Judgement, Awestrike, Sound of Wrath, and Contraventions would be a starter, Yaulped up & flailing away with a HoHV 1h

an actual cleric clericking would be target swapping for twinned Interventions, but that's unlikely to go smoothly in a multi boxing setup.
  16. Israfel Elder

I unfortunately don’t have any parses or strategies on this topic for clerics, but I do know it is viable. I’ve simply been in groups with two clerics where I suggested he second cleric equip their two-hander, load nukes (I think you can memorize multiple from the line that heals the ToT), mem stuns, and have fun.

Most of my experience comes from the perspective of playing my paladin alt.

Keep in mind that I’m not a great paladin player, but I frequently play my paladin as a secondary or primary healer while boxing and sometimes the paladins proc-based and ToT healing is plenty to keep up a well-geared/played tank (my paladin’s gear is somewhat lacking). I mostly just rotate spam twincast, protective, couple ToT heals (censure/admonish), and sometimes force of mercy. The real key is the steely line, though. If you memorize two of these you will have near 100% uptime and it heals a ton.

Then just swing away with your 2hander. Swap some spells for undead or use more stuns if the situation warrants it.

Not sure how it compares to a cleric attempting the same thing, but any damage is better then no damage and a ton of overheating.
  17. Fohpo Augur

I don't think the cleric's damage compares to any other healer though.
  18. Ceffener Augur

I’ve currently been running SHD/ENCH/CLR up to 91 so far pretty easily, but have been thinking about adding a mage and two others eventually. My question is, how far in the game do you think you can make it 3 boxing with mercs? At what time for progression do you really need those other boxes or have to start grouping?
  19. Tucoh Augur

I don't really know when it will start to happen, but I do know that eventually you'll start to have real difficulty completing some content due to the amount of time it takes to kill mobs. Your SK will face highly damaging mobs and will have to pop a lot of cooldowns in order to stay alive (even with an enc/cle support), but you won't be able to kill the mobs before your SK's cooldowns start to drop.

Adding a mage is a very good option for a group with an enchanter, so I think you'd feel pretty safe doing that. You'll also enjoy the game a lot more since you'll be killing things twice as fast. Right now is a good time to do it, since a heroic mage will only be a few levels behind the others.
  20. IblisTheMage Augur

Also add a bard :)
    Fohpo and code-zero like this.