TSS Vote up on Vulak?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trevalon, Apr 28, 2013.

1. Trevalon Augur

Just wondering if this is WAI, but it seems soon as PoR was beat on Vulak the TSS vote became active...

So should we expect TSS next week or is this a mistake?
  2. Toquillaw Augur

No, we should expect TSS on Monday May 6 ... that's what the vote screen says anyway. heh, the voting lineup was longer than the ones in Florida.

Oh, and ... ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
  3. Zahrym Augur

Honestly this was no secret, and I hope it's intentional. PoR was a lame xpansion in 2006, and is worse now with nerfs to many of the original functions (harmonic dissonance working for example) and was never really considered a good expansion past a few classes getting auras.

TSS and TBS on the other hand are quite fun, and would take a while to even weaken the barrier.

Solt 2-7 pre-nerf anyone?
  4. Toquillaw Augur

It's probably news to Fippy folks, since it doesn't look like they get the vote.
  5. Zahrym Augur

It wasn't, I got a tell from a friend in Citizen 2 minutes after the serverwide that priest of discord might have something to talk to you about.
  6. Kreugen Lorekeeper

Did DoN have no lockout? It sure as heck shouldn't have, and hooray for not having 3 months of POR. DK1 was fun (one wipe) and the rest was ez mode. And ARo.. holy crap.. I was tempted to go get my kindle to read.

I do hope there's still a time lock going forward though. I don't think I can handle full speed ahead progression endlessly. We'd have to force ourselves to stop and farm or we'd go nuts, I think.
  7. Progress Augur

I sure hope that it is intended and goes through. I'm glad that one guild on Vulak was able to do it with limited members....but as for the rest of us PoR does not offer anything that will help us defeat the DoDh content with low numbers. I am hoping that the levels from TSS will allow us to go back and clear DoDh and PoR with 25-30 man raids.
  8. Ecos New Member

I agree with Progress concerning Prophecy of Ro's lack of tools enabling the non-hardcore players to progress and experience new content. Heck, even for the those who are farming Deathknell (endzone in PoR) the upgrades are +1-2 AC and +25-40 HPs. It's very difficult to get excited about loot when it's marginal upgrades and will be replaced in TSS in record fashion. Deathknell is quick and sweet for loot, but is a total joke for a raid force capable of defeating Demiplane. So I too will join the bandwagon and ask TSS open early. I can't stomach another Dragons of Norrath.
  9. Crystilla Augur

Hopefully, as it did folks on live servers, things like many classes's specific aura's, some of the BP clickies for various classes and a few other things, will help push you guys through that lump.
  10. Piestro Augur

I've brought this matter to the dev team's attention.

Thanks,
  11. Trevalon Augur

^^^ *Cheers* Good to see Sony sticking to their rules!
  12. Shang Augur

PoR Was an interesting expansion.

The Ayonae Ro event (by Prathun, iirc) was designed to have Clerics cast the spell, "Word of Redemption" to keep their group alive through the AEs.

Then, Prathun nerfed the spell covertly in TSS iirc.

Your server won't have any issues, due to this being a different time, and a different game, but it was still interesting nonetheless.
  13. Toquillaw Augur

Super, although if they can't fix it by next Monday I am not sure too many people will care. Seems most of us are looking forward to TSS, and it might bring in a few new people to the prog servers.

But there is a bug they might address at the same time, which is that the date the poll opens is correct, but it backdates the poll to a week earlier. It has been doing this for a while, so we only have a 1 week poll (although it shows up as two weeks on the list).

In this case, it's really obvious because the poll for PoR was dated Apr.8-Apr.22 on Vulak (but it actually activated on the 15th). Por activated on Apr.22, and then we spent about 6 days before they completed the requirements for unlocking TSS, so the poll activated incorrectly on April 29. But, the start date on that poll shows it activated on April 22, the same day PoR activated. According to the poll dates we went immediately from PoR activation to the poll for TSS.

I bug reported it before as well in game, but now it's pretty clear it is wrong.
  14. Progress Augur

Hold your horses Piestro! Vulak would love to get TSS going. We only have two raiding guilds, EOE has completed PoR, and LoGA has been stuck in Anguish since...well... OoW. For LoGA it is due to the lack of people on the server as a full raid is only 35 people including boxes. If TSS opens then the extra levels will help LOGA beat encounters and give EoE something to do.
  15. Piestro Augur

Those are unfortunately 2 separate issues. The vote was a bug (and is being fixed, evidently the servers tried to travel back in time and got confused), the other has to do with server population and culture. Looking at Vulak's population, determining if and when a server merge should happen, or what other course we should pursue, are all different than not fixing bugs.
  16. Progress Augur

I can agree that these are separate issues. But as time goes on the situation get worse. It is true that opening TSS would just be a band-aid on the real issue (server population), but it would alleviate the "letting my account lapse (or taking time off) until TSS opens in a few months" trend that has started since PoR opened. But if you are just as adamant about bringing the poll issue to the dev's as you are with discussions of server population/merging then it is appreciated.
  17. Toquillaw Augur

Oh sure, we get that. But, we are saying we aren't in need of heroics from the dev team before next Monday. :p If TSS were to go live, well you can probably look at the current vote results to see where people are at regarding just moving on to TSS.

It's not that we don't like Prophecy of Ro, but it has been a long haul since we had an expansion with new levels. My wife and I are very, very casual players and even we aren't sure we want 2 months of PoR.

That's part of the issue with progression servers, is it comes out a bit lumpy. Meaty expansions are ones people like to play a long time, and then there are others where 2 months is a bit long. PoR goes into that category, and if the dev's can't seem to bug fix this before next week they probably won't face a great deal of anger from the players.

To put it another way, you added LDoN and LoY expansions to PoP (we didn't get to vote on them), and adding PoR to TSS in a similar manner isn't the end of the world. Speaking just for my wife and I, we would rather have 4 months with PoR/TSS than a 2 month each split. And the current bug does seem to assist that.
    Progress likes this.
  18. Hamshire Augur

Should of just left Vulak confused, dumped the server, and merged us to Fippy like 1000s have requested. Blows my mind that 3ish people request to get a timelock fix "these people pry not even on the server" which don't get me wrong, it should of been fixed. But when 1000s from both servers make countless threads to have the servers merged we get nothing.
    Progress likes this.
  19. Toquillaw Augur

Oh well, here goes the thread. Now it's about a massive war of who starts the most threads.
  20. Kreugen Lorekeeper

I guess now we'll have to make up with POR after all the bad things we said about her. Awwwwkward.