TS depot idea/feedback...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Fian Augur

I agree with OP. Getting research to 350 was so tedious.
  2. Heimdall Elder

People have pointed out that they don't want the recipe for something nobody has discovered to be shown. You'd need to do two things - make things you haven't made not show their recipe, and not let you combine things that don't show their recipe. Which doesn't really do anything.

My idea is to fully unlock the Depot from the TS stations. So you open your TS station, open the Depot, Click Experiment, and now you can Search - CTRL Click Withdraw for 1 count of the item from the Depot, and put it in the Experiment window. So now you still have to experiment, but you can use the Depot for experimenting and mass production. This also lets you put the stack(s) of subcombines in the Depot for the next stage, or the next TS session. i.e. you made 1000 clumps of dough, but you're done for the day, Add 1000 clumps from your bag to the Depot without going to the bank. Right now the Depot is pretty much a big Tradeskill Satchel you can't switch into your inventory very easily.
    Wdor, Ndaara and SteamFox like this.
  3. Heimdall Elder

4. Heimdall Elder

Not really, because you can't pull the Creme, Round Cut Diamond Celestial Essence and 1000 other annoying sub-combines out of the Depot when you're experimenting. If you could open the Depot window, then switch to experimenting and pull stuff out of the Depot 1 Control Click at a time, then it would be worth something.
    Allayna likes this.
  5. Raptorjesus5 Augur

From a QoL perspective, if I am in PoK 5 feet from the bank crafting, I admit it's a bit silly not to be able to pull items out from the depot while I am crafting. Why do they even have the button on crafting stations if it doesn't do anything?
    Allayna likes this.
  6. Windance Augur

Just getting the TS Depot into the game itself is a pretty big first step.

I expect there will be updates to address usability issues over the next couple patches.

The best thing we can do as users is provide constructive feedback and document the sticky points.
    Wdor and Ndaara like this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

That's a fine idea, as well. The main point is to be able to use the depot for any combine. Since it only works when you're making a recipe you know, that prompted my idea. This one would also work.

Another idea which might work: Get rid of a separate "experiment" container. Just have the TS UI window show an "experiment" checkbox, and if you check it, then you load mats just like you would now in experiment mode. The difference would be, the UI could remember what mats I loaded, and if there are more in my inventory, auto-load enough for another combine.
    Wdor and Ndaara like this.
  8. Heimdall Elder

That should also be a thing. If you fail the experiment (but had the right stuff which you need to click combine successfully) then reload anything that was lost and let us try again without the CTRL Clicking. But first and foremost, make the Depot available for both production and experimentation so we don't have to keep mats in both places (which we won't, we'll ignore the Depot and keep using TS bags in the bank as long as we have to swap out bags full of stuff at the bank anyway.
    SteamFox and Tatanka like this.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think the issue and reason why you can't do this is due to server performance/lag and needing to manually withdraw items from the depot which you can only do at a bank.
  10. SteamFox Augur

I like this idea.

There is a semi workaround already, use the Summon Banker AA or the guild hall banker placed beside your ts stations. However the ctrl+click to get 1 on your cursor would still need to be added, currently you'd have to:
    click the item
    ctrl+click withdraw button
    go find it in your inventory
    drag it over to the experiment window

a more elegant solution would be for a ctrl+click on the item name in the TSD window to put 1 on your curose. The withdraw button can still dump it to your inventory if thats the design vision, but ctrl+click on the name would put to cursor.
    Ndaara and Raptorjesus5 like this.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Just wait til they raise it to 400! Me i got one ts at 348 so i got alot of work haha got my main ones at 330ish though.
  12. Cerryn Journeyman

I wasn't implying you could pull the cream or other things itself. But if your NEW combine requires Cream or a Round Cut Diamond or whatever ---
    You don't have to run to the bank, or your House, to get the components to make those little things.

Honestly THAT is more frustrating than anything else. "Aigh! I need to run to Shadowrest to my house to get a Soiled Runic Sheet"... then 10 min later "Oops. ALSO need a blackflame"