TS depot idea/feedback...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tatanka, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Waring_McMarrin Augur

What does getting data from the tradeskill depot to the players client have anything to do with patching static files during a patch?
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

a set of instructions for preparing a particular dish, including a list of the ingredients required.

the definition of the word is that the recipe is a known. Maybe not by you, but by whomever wrote it down.

I know of no real life roleplay scenario where something one person wrote was gained by blind experimentation by a 3rd party. The recipe is HOW it is learned, not the other weay around. This premise is backward.

All legacy (3 or more expansion behind live) should be in the library. We do this with spells, which are far more impactful on the game.
  3. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

A Norrath full of mages and wizards write down endless arcanum for every spell cast in the game and send it to Myrist, yet they can not do so with lunch menus.

Checks out.

"sure"
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Players still need to go to get those spells themselves and they don't magically appear in their spell book and the same can be said for recipes.

There are some that you get from scribing a book and others that you only get after making the recipe.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Once again, we disagree :)
  6. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Did they fix the disappearing stack bug? Didn't see that in the bugfixes but I probably didn't look close enough. i.e. put 1 stack then another then withdraw and 1 stack disappears.

Also was the game/video lag fixed when it was crunching the line items of what is in the TS depot? i.e. populating the list of items? Wondering if some of this stuff couldn't be ordered up as cache when a person logs in...rather have a slight delay logging in with a memcache created vs in-game latency.
    tanith likes this.
  7. Mikana Augur

There are plenty of Real World examples of secret recipes and formulations (Coke, KFC, etc) - sounds reasonable that in Norrath, I might not want to share my granny's recipe for Crispy Fried Kobold with anybody else :)
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

But they HAVE been shared (EQTraders, etc). That's my point.
  9. tanith Augur

Exactly what I was wondering.
    Won't be rushing to use this until we have an answer
    Deux likes this.
  10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

And there is lots of other information in game that has been shared that your character still has to go learn on their own. Just because players can and do share things outside of the game doesn't mean that you should automatically learn it in game.
    Wdor and Rijacki like this.
  11. Svann2 The Magnificent

They dont use scribing books in current content, but they do have books you have to read and understand. Better imo.
  12. Cerryn Journeyman

I haven't been totally sold on the Tradeskill Depot yet, and I know in an hour or three I can experiment in person.

However even though it doesn't help with unknown recipes - it WILL help all the annoying fluff around it.

New recipe (to you) also needs Creme, Round Cut Diamond, Celestial Essence, and 1,000 other annoying sub-combines.

THAT will save running around for the little things. We'll see.
    Wdor likes this.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

You missed the part where I said I'm not a roleplayer. My character >knows nothing<. I know. That's all I'm concerned with.

You and I will never agree on this matter, we should really stop replying to one another.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It doesn't matter that you are or are not a role-player and you don't need to keep repeating the same claim over and over again.
    Rijacki likes this.
  15. Chicken New Member

OMG! quit complaining. the current way is tons easier then it use to be. Try making Misty Thicket Picnics without the container UI. every combine and sub-combine done just like an "experiment". you are just progressing the nickel and dime chip away at a great game. your eventual end result is to just have everyone born with 500 skill (yeah i know we aren't there yet) and know every recipe. if the Augs and in game TS quest rewards aren't worth your time and punishment to get them then don't do the quests and don't get the items. the whole point in them being such good items is for the fact you endured the punishment it takes to do all of that work. /rant off and /flame on
    Wdor likes this.
  16. MischiefTLP Augur

Cannot store unstackable tools, can't be used to work on 350, thanks for saving me $34.99 it's completely useless to me.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It does. And, apparently, I do ;)
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Having had 5 minutes to play with it, when I could finally log in, I think the best thing for me to do is keep current TS items in my TS bag I carry along with tools etc and put older expansion stuff in the TSD.

I don't have enough slots anyway and my DH is also full of TS stuff.
  19. Hegsheoshed Augur

Some books were removed before the original beta went live. Many many tinkering recipes were disabled and books removed. There should be more books for trade skills on their respective vendors.
  20. Flatchy Court Jester

I got about 40 minutes to play around with new exp till servers went down. Did not even get a chance to look at this but it sounds disappointing now. Get rid of that "cant help you get to 350 " deal and maybe you got something.