Trying to understand AA Autogrant

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Dhaimon, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Dhaimon New Member

I am trying to understand the aa autogrant syaytem. Recently restarted my SK who is 71 and did auto grant. When I logged back in he only had about 1800 Aa. Is that normal for 71? Or should I be getting more? Just curious cause I have heard of people 75 doing auto grant and ending up with like 5000 aa. Am just curious how it works. Any info on the subject would be great. Thanks.
  2. Gialana Augur

The number of AAs gained with auto grant varies by class. At level 85, when autogrant was first introduced, rangers ended up with the highest number of granted AAs, with something between 5k and 6k, I think. I don't believe the person who says they received 5K AA at level 75, but 1800 at level 71 sounds reasonable.

Put another way, autogrant is giving you almost all of the AAs which have level requirements of 71 or lower. As you gain levels, if you still have autogrant checked, you will be autogranted additional AAs. AAs which are not included are Spell Casting Subtlety, AAs flagged with tradeskill, and AAs flagged with Call of the Forsaken expansion or later (though those will be granted when future expansions release), even if you meet their level requirements.
    Felicite and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. Elsewhere Elder

For a 71, 1800 sounds about right.

When I used autogrant quite a few years back, I got the following:

Level 66 Ranger = 1089
    Level 66 Paladin = 1047
    Level 70 Beastlord = 1570
    Level 63 Cleric = 573
    Level 53 Beastlord = 130

The TLDR on autogrant, is that is gives you nearly all the AAs that would be available to you at that level. So the higher level you are, the more you get.

However, purely looking at the overall number can be misleading. Despite getting 500+ as a level 63 Cleric, you also get all the crap you probably will never buy if you had to earn AA yourself. AAs included in that were the following:

Battle Ready - increases Bandolier slots (pretty useless for Clerics)
    First Aid - increasing Bind would cap (useless for Clerics)
    Quick Draw - Increases Potion Belt Slots (never used)
    Hybrid Researching (never used)
    Innate stat increases - no benefit as defiant caps you out anyway and INT not used.
    Packrat - reduces weight of equipment (not relevant)
    Tatanka likes this.