Trying to find my missing characters

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by charlieverse, Feb 23, 2018.

1. charlieverse New Member

Hello all. I am returning to EQ after a VERY long break. I have reactivated my old account, but my toons are missing. Any specific links on how to find them?
  2. charlieverse New Member

I seem to remember something like the WOW armory that would show your characters, but for the life of me I can't remember more. Any advice would be appreciated.
  3. smash Augur

Imo. Try each server. Its prob easiest instead trying to find some tool.
  4. Geroblue Augur

Servers have been merged at least twice in the past. So they could be on one of the merged servers, note that Test wasn't merged.
  5. Yruc Augur

Also if your characters were under level 10, they did a purge and removed all inactive ones a few years ago.

Here is the server merger history page.

https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/231264868-Server-Merge-History

In your eq directory after you login / patch, there should be a text file called <Daybreak_Username>_characters

so if your Daybreak username was charlie there should be a file called charlie_characters and that will list all your characters and server
  6. charlieverse New Member

Thank you all for your help. My last time actively playing was unfortunately 10 years ago or so....(wow, seriously been that long....ouch). I'll try to log into each server (started that, but they said unable to log into pay server with free account - I'll skip those).

Charlie
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Since you were a paying player before the Free-To-Play was started, your account should have been grandfathered in as a Silver account. It won't matter whether you currently pay or not on LIVE servers, you can still access and play on them.

TLP (Time-Locked Progression) servers are currently locked to Free and Silver accounts, which is why you are seeing that. Your characters were almost certainly NOT on any of the current TLP servers.

Check all the live servers. You'll find your toons somewhere. :)
  8. charlieverse New Member

Thank you all. I found them. Unfortunately, my auction toons are gone (and all the huge bags I had....and my gold....sadness) But, I have found my toons! Now if I can remember how to play.....

See you on Xegony - Druzzil Ro! (Faddon and Omicron are my characters)
  9. Stryyf New Member

Congrats on finding your toons. I can't seem to find any of mine, I know that I had toons over 10.
    I have looked on all the servers listed and I could not find anything.
    Strangely I was able to log into Daybreak but I can't find any of my toons. I know I used to have characters on Innoruuk and Lanys Tyvl at some point but I can't find them on ay server at all. I put in a ticket to see if they could help maybe.
  10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

9/10 times it is one of two things:

1) Someone else had access to your account, stripped/stole them, not "hacked" in the vast majority of cases (if you every sent your username/pw through a private message on a guild forum, good chance where it happened if it wasn't a "friend").

2) You are logging in using the wrong info and accidentally made a new account. Make a level 1 character, type /played in game. If it says something like "Your total time entitled on this account is approximately 0 years and 10 days (or however long since you logged on)" and your account is FTP rather than silver, this is what happened, you didn't log in correctly.
    Dythan likes this.
  11. Stryyf New Member

It's been a long long time so who knows, but I was able to log into daybreak with a "gmail" email account. That seems odd to me as I don't think Gmail came out till 2004. well who knows, I guess I will see if the customer support comes back with any hopeful info.
  12. Zanarnar Augur

Non-paid accounts have limited character slots too, so its possible if your seeing 6 characters in the list that the rest are still there, you just cannot see them. However if your baz alt was under lv10 it might have gotten caught up in the inactive character deletion referenced earlier.
  13. Stryyf New Member

I saw no toons...
    I have got a couple emails back and forth from Daybreak so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. the more I think about it, I am sure I had a few accounts, but I can't only remember my 1st one. Hopefully they come trough for me.
  14. Dachunker New Member

I logged my characters in back in 2012 and again in 2014... since Daybreak took over, now they are gone... sent in a ticket..
  15. Faalyn New Member

I am having trouble finding my 2 highest characters which I'm almost certain were on Bristlebane. I have 2 low level characters still on there. Something seems wrong with Daybreak help forums. I can long onto my account on Daybreak, but when I go to the customer support page I am not logged in. When I click sign in, it doesn't do anything. If I try to make a new account with my account information it says that account already exists?? I cannot even put a ticket in for the issue. Any suggestions?
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

To be honest, the easy way to do this is to sign into each server and see if the guys are somewhere else.Second easy way is if you have the same computer is just look in the EQ file and see what names are there: like Jobob.ini.Vox or however it shows.

But to get thru help can sometimes be tricky.

Make sure the game is closed. Do not sign into the help section yet. Go to this link https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217481518-How-do-I-recover-my-account- and then sign in when it asks you too. Follow the prompts, yes sometimes it gets squirrley and needs you to do it 2 or 3 times.

If that fails then open another browser such as Opera and try thru that. Once again don't sign into help until it asks you to.

When they talk about making a new account to submit the ticket - what they mean is an entirely new account. Different account name, different pw etc. It can be free - no need to make a paying one. Then you use the new account to file the ticket referencing the old account and make it clear that you do have access to it but the characters are gone.

Usually they find a second account with the other characters on it.

Good Luck!
  17. smash Augur

During the some time there have been that characters can vanish from the accounts.

Then you have to petition to get them back.

It has happened various times, once it happened when they change the format.

It is a recurring problem.
    That could be what happened to you.
    Or maybe some problem with server merge.

Lets say you on server x and it merge with server y. You no longer full member, what happens then if you have max chars, merger happens and you only allowed 6 chars, what happens to your extra chars?