truebox, think of the power consumption caused by true box

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by knottybb, Jun 10, 2024.

1. knottybb New Member

truely running multiple computers that you dont need in order to satisfy a silly code is truely saddening, think of the increeased power consumption just to satisfy this rule, id adventure to say daybreak cares little for the enviroment.
    Lanffear and Defenestrated Vase like this.
  2. YouDaGoob Lorekeeper

Is electricity expensive in your country? Praying for your village, may you have a bountiful harvest this season my friend
    Fenthen likes this.
  3. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Electricity is expensive in the US. Pretty sure he was making an environmental argument, especially sense he specifically had the word "environment" in his post. But hey, you go on with your snarky self.
    Lanffear and Defenestrated Vase like this.
  4. Windance Augur

A single crypto farmer will use more power than all the extra "truebox" computers.

The environmental impact of "truebox" is minimal.
    Fenthen likes this.
  5. fransisco Augur

Lets think of the power consumed by people who NEVER log off and sit afk in the guild lobby for days at a time....
  6. ExecutionDbl9 Shadow Knight / Necromancer / Druid

Like WHYYYY do people do that?

I see people in PoK all the time just in the same spot for days, not moving.
    fransisco likes this.
  7. Gnomie Denser than most

They can't accuse you of raid logging, if you never log ;)
    fransisco likes this.
  8. MileyVyrus Augur

Those are the people that got to name reserve early for the new TLPs.
  9. FGgn479n nf933 Journeyman

Gee if only there were some way not to run all those machines at once..

ya I know, then you'd have to interact with other players. Guess YOU the player running all these machines has a choice. Be social, or kill the environment. Stop blaming others for your decisions. No-one is holding a gun to your head threatening to kill you unless you box your own group, or even worse, raid.
    ExecutionDbl9 likes this.
  10. MileyVyrus Augur

These forums are an adequate reminder of why some prefer to stay as far away from most other players as humanly possible while still playing EQ.
  11. MileyVyrus Augur

Then again, most of my EQ memories didnt involve wearing a headset for 4 hours to kill Lady Vox or Phinny with 70 people while high pitched voices constantly squeak while someone tries to shout instructions over the top of it for a critter I've seen die .. a lot.

It involved some occasional IRC, someone who could type over 20 words a minute tossing out basic guidelines, and listening to whatever music i wanted while enjoying the immersion.