Truebox has failed. Let's talk gameplay changes instead.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaera, May 1, 2019.

1. Overcast451 Augur

They could just lower the number of players needed to spawn a pick in certain zones, like Rathe Mountains. Because right now in those zones, it's just the botters taking the majority of the plat - so it's still ending up in the economy, just at a rate skewed to the botters. Normal players don't have nearly the same chance playing one character vs. someone 6 boxing - and requiring a huge number of players in some zones to spawn a new pick only makes it even more difficult for casual/normal players.

So if the pick threshold was dramatically lower, people playing a single character would be able to get spawns much easier and it wouldn't really benefit the botters much, if at all. Then maybe along with lowering the threshold for a new pick - increase the timer in those zones to a longer period to prevent pick hopping as much, at least to spawn timer in the zone perhaps - that way it wouldn't make sense to clean out an area in a pick, then pick to another - as the spawns would be popping again by then anyway.
  2. Grailer Augur

you people make me laugh . Making more Rathe Mountain picks would further increase platinum inflation making the price of kronos increase faster. What they need to do is decrease the amount of gold/plat that drops from Hill Giants to be more inline with every other mob of similar level.
  3. Delphwind Augur

The only reason I am playing EQ right now is because of the severe lack of boxing that happens on Truebox servers.

It still happens, that is obvious, but to a massively lesser extent.

Go play on a live server for a couple months and tell me how you feel when you join a raiding guild and there are 50 characters controlled by 10 people.

Truebox works, if people want to run a character on another PC, or through a VM, that is their business and is FAR less common than on live servers.
  4. Tros New Member

No one cares about someone holding down a camp. People care about the rampant botting. Its ridiculous. A kronoless server would reduce it, as then real world money would be required to play each account. Real money subs always destroy the gold-sellers, IN ANY GAME. I would play in an empty server to see that market destroyed.
  5. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

They need real money subs to play on the servers where this is the most problem.

If they didn't have Krono, they would just sell plat. It's absolutely no different. It was a problem before Krono existed.
  6. Tros New Member

They do not need real money to play on TLPs just krono.
  7. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

They need real money or to consume Krono.

It is more expensive either way to run on TLP than on a regular Live server.

Yet TLP is where this is the biggest problem. Therefore: having to pay real money (in some form) in order to play is not a deterrent.
  8. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

Daybreak claimed that it is too expensive (are you kidding me?) to enlist a staff member to play a GM character these days at some point or another. I am willing to bet that the staff pretty much does not even involve themselves in improving EQ as they barely police any of it. The company is enjoying these bot fanatics since it is creating steady revenue that they cannot pass up. It takes a decent amount of work from players to record actual game footage to get people banned along with using the /report command.
    It's such a pleasant surprise to see people constantly posting "QQ" comments or basically " your idea is not good", yet they will not offer any input for improvement of their own... perhaps, that is a krono collector and bot player? I agree that there needs to be more strict rules on these types of activities and bring a little more order to the current "Wild, Wild, West" type of atmosphere. Damage races and such need to be changed to "first to tag reaps the reward" instead of wasting time in hopes of getting that 50% health down. Also, coding it in such a way to prevent Bards, Necro, or Enchanters or clicky devices from charming a target to steal a mob that someone is attacking and gate away with it...
  9. Machentoo Augur

Think your reactions are faster than a computer's? All this would do is ensure no one competing against scripted toons ever wins.

(I know, I know, I must be a krono collector and bot player because I am questioning your plan.)
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Gremin Augur

20 year old game on the sunset side of things. You are not going to get a response that is universally liked, hell it wont even be liked by the majority. No matter what changes you ask for, a certain percentage of folks will complain. Play the game with people you enjoy being around, and ignore the rest.
  11. Natal Augur

Either deal with the campers or deal with anti-camping code. They are not going to instance the entire game, that would require a huge amount of server overhead.
  12. Aneuren Tempered Steel

That's why they should only instance the most attractive camps, and do so in a way to minimize server impact (i.e., not picks of full zones, but small targeted, non-respawning, mission areas that are re-requestable).

All of the changes suggested in this thread are cumbersome, and some would really hurt different classes. None of them would be necessary if we could simply avoid the griefers targetting the most attractive camps.
  13. Nolrog Augur

Anyone who thinks Truebox failed never played on Ragefire and watch one person control 20 characters at once.
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Jaera Augur

Please continue to make threads complaining about people, on Truebox servers, are botting 20 characters at high value spots while putting your head in the sand because of being traumatized once on Ragefire.
  15. Mybag Journeyman

World of Warcraft did this right off the start and its amazing.... mobs leash when trained to far from spawn points and if someone tags a NPC first the NPC turns grey con to all other players and they get no exp or loot off it but the first person on aggro does
  16. Mybag Journeyman

Blizzard found ways to fix these problems so its not hard. I do agree first to tag would give cheaters an advantage but they have other options to make farming pointless but it seems DBG is greedy and doesn't want to give that part of the game up. Why not make a server where farming is pointless because the named always spawn and if two people not grouped atk a NPC it will drop gear/coin for both players ( kind of like World of Warcraft) then just charge more per month to be on that server and make it so krono doesn't give more time on that server. I would pay $30-40 bucks a month for a server like that
  17. Hadesborne Augur

And yet, the majority of your posts consist of negative comments with a complete lack of any viable suggestions to fix said problems people complain about. How about you try this: Don't say anything unless you have better idea. I know, it is a novel concept.

See what I did there? I critiqued your post AND offered a solution for you to follow in the future.
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

There is zero solution that doesn't involve DBG actually doing something.

Currently the rule set is the following:

• Do what you want besides....
      • training another player
    • You can pretty much exploit, cheat, hack or automate game play and DBG is not going to do anything.
    If you just admit that is where the game is at it's OK.
  19. Machentoo Augur

And you'd probably quit a month later when you realize that zero difficulty means zero satisfaction. The entire game is built around scarcity, from the ground up.
  20. Mybag Journeyman

Not true, I only login to raid now after I get the bare minimum I need for progression because unlike 19 years ago when EQ had an amazing community of players that had to depend on one another to get groups so you could get gear, progression and coin. You couldn't name change at will so people knew who you were by reputation. Boxers and the plat farmers were small due to the lack of being able to 6box/bot+. I have come to terms that boxing a full group or more will never change and that is fine but a server where plat/krono farmers have no purpose would give people a chance to group in a friendly community, enjoy progressing and getting gear they need for raids with out training, dps racing or selling LR and raid gear for krono. I would pay more per month for a server like that.