Truebox doesn't work

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by KRYGZ, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Brunlin Augur

I agree with this. Runnyeye did something similar for the Bam. Yes, mage boxes are still bad in Runnyeye but not locking the Bam on a single target or two than you actually have a chance to compete.
  2. Kahna Augur

Actually, they fixed the Runnyeye problem by moving the Blackened Acrylia items to a later expansion. RE will be empty the
    this round. Barring the occasional random group that wanders in, but there are easier to access dungeons with better loot for that level so...
    Brunlin likes this.
  3. Brunlin Augur

Yea, my mistake, what I was agreeing with was the specific high target loots have a small chance to drop off other mobs in the same dungeon. The no drop got caught up in it and I didn't clarify on what I was agreeing on. This taking some tension off choke points for certain best in slot items. Similar what they did with Bam in Runnyeye, it has a equal chance to drop off any names in Runnyeye and not just the king or high priest.

I dont like no drop at all except for specific quest items. I do like a FV rule set better when it comes to no drop but that is off topic at best. Loot right is also a good part of the game and I am ok with it but you are right if everything was no drop than it would be a big problem.

The best thing they could do for Epic choke points is not allow m q any more....though people will be still camping Quillmane in SK for selling loot rights. You might be able to make the world a little better but there is nothing anyone can do to save it entirely :D
    Ronzark likes this.
  4. elumxe Elder

There are NO third party programs that allows you to to box all accounts on one PC on truebox.

Stop spreading that bs, we have been over this so many times and it's because people like you spreading that propaganda that people keep starting these threads.
    It just isn't true.

If you really have proof this is the case pm me the name of such a program and I will investigate.
  5. Hateseeker Augur

It seems I wasn't clear. TrueBox prevents players from boxing their accounts on one PC. I am not saying there's a program that gets past TrueBox code. What I'm saying is, in theory, everyone on the server is using one pc per account. OK, let's start over from there. When I'm talking about 3rd party programs, I mean input cloning programs. By definition of everyone using one account per PC, you would think there should be no input cloning on TrueBox, unless there's an input cloning program out there that can be installed on multiple PCs and coordinates between them.

If there is such a program, I do not know the name of it, no. But if you saw groups of characters on TrueBox that exhibit the signs of input cloning use (which is also disallowed on TrueBox, even though the name TrueBox is not a reference to input cloning), what conclusion do you reach?
  6. Kahna Augur

You can't cross class Velious armor. Has to be the same class turning in both pieces.
  7. Bruhno New Member

Man I had to take the time to login to an account to laugh at you. You can easily multibox on truebox servers using VMs on the same physical computer.
  8. Poledo_EQ Elder

I'd be boxing another toon if it wasn't truebox. As it is, I'll probably boot up the old laptop and run it. My wife and I were thinking of a clarity or port bot. I can't see ever using it to lock down camps, but some people live for that stuff.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Sam Deathwalker is an idiot. And then there was that legal trouble he got into...
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

11. MMOer Augur

This guy Raids!
  12. Soulfire Lorekeeper

Truebox works as best as it can.

For most people with $ running 6 toons isnt that costly, esp. if you can/could run them on one system and use the appropriate boxing software.

True box cuts this out and makes it so people are forced to buy laptops to box ...There in denying everyone the capacity to 4-6+ box on the one machine.

I admittedly I box 3...but that's only to be efficent and non-reliant on ithers as much as possible. But it takes careful balance between what classes I need vrs want to play. I.e I dont just play bard/ranger, chanter and cleric just because its the most efficent.

Truebox does it's job in limiting people...the average joe...the bulk player...we not talking the dude who raids 16 hours a day and has found a way to automate his clerics etc.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Is the bet 9999 krono ? Because I'm dying to see what happens when you accept a trade for one more krono over that.
    Ronzark likes this.