Truebox doesn't work

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by KRYGZ, Feb 23, 2018.

1. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

All these posts about 12 box and 6 box locking down camps just proves truebox doesn't work people always still figure a way around it to capitalize on the market. Maybe they are DBG devs/employees in disguise who knows just a theory.
  2. wherehouse Lorekeeper

Congrats, you have gotten better at getting trolled (1)
    Nolrog likes this.
  3. WhoIsIt New Member

That is subjective as to whether or not it 'works'

It certainly cuts down on major box armies, but on Agnarr I will say I only know a few boxers who can pull off a group or more and they are few and far between..it's not like on Ragefire/Lockjaw where it was 18 man groups of mages/wizards
  4. Sagarmatha Augur

Truebox servers are just like the idiots that want to make owning a gun illegal. It takes boxing away from the honest, casual players and, as you pointed out, allows General Scumbag and his 12 Mage army to run rampant.

Yes, I went there.
  5. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

It always amazes me how people (who are probably by no means fanatical) can take a topic about EQ and make it political. Good for you, bud!
    Poledo_EQ and Nolrog like this.
  6. Sagarmatha Augur

It shouldn't amaze you, humans tend to relate everything in their lives to another standard/example. I learned this in college. My professors were most likely wrong.
  7. Brunlin Augur

Uhmm no, it actually does the opposite of what you said.
    True box gives us honest and true boxers a platform to hone our skill and have fun. It cuts most boxing down to 2 and or 3 boxes. It shuts lazy boxers down and makes it harder for mage bot armies to take over. The only Mage box armies that you see is the truly dedicated. It also makes cheating more visible and easier to report, though if anything gets done about that is a different discussion
    Niskin and snailish like this.
  8. Hdizzle Augur

Horse has been beaten multiple times, still dead. Truebox does little except cause me to turn on two cheap laptops to box.

One day they’ll realize instanced raids eliminates the issue of mage armies monopolizing raid targets... cause they cant engage them... And before someone says “but the group targets!”

People only farm them cause theres always noobs who think that +9 int on gebs two weeks into classic is a game changer.
    MMOer likes this.
  9. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

When you realize theres already been a 22 boxer on the server..
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Do you have any idea what True Box means? It doesn't mean you can' box, It means you have to use separate PCs for each account. It's not rocket science. It's not even hard.
    snailish, Adrienna and Brunlin like this.
  11. Ethel New Member

Was it Sam Deathwalker? The legendary 22 boxer from Sullen Zek???
  12. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

no, it was thatsmydaddy/inzane who got banned after a lengthy career as an ae powerlevel/trainer on phinigel then agnarr. its hard to believe at the end its the training that got him banned then investigated into being a redguides rmter.

youd think someone with 22 would be more careful about the attention you attract!
  13. Sagarmatha Augur

Umm, give me some of what you're smoking.

It does NOT make it more difficult for the armies. Do you live in Alice's Wonderland or something?
  14. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

Best argument I've ever read.

(P.S. That was sarcasm. All you did was go "nuh uh!" then proceed to attack the person instead of the argument.)
    Adrienna and Brunlin like this.
  15. Brunlin Augur

I never said that mage armies didn't exist or that there was no problem at all on a true box server, but the difference between a true box server and a server where you can box on 1 pc is night and day. I will rephrase when I said that it makes it harder, and emphasize that it cuts out the lazy boxers or the boxers that doesn't want to bother with 5 other pcs. That was the point that I was making.
    That being said there is plenty of tech geeks that love to recycle old pcs and set them up for the task. I am one of them. I can 3 box like a champ. I could easily 6 box if i wanted to. I can set up as many pcs and monitors as it takes. Its just not that fun for me to do more than 3. On this server I am not even going to box, I have different goals that I want to accomplish on a single toon.
    There still is a problem with kronos farmers locking down choke points and that is a good discussion to have but it has nothing to do with blaming the True box rules. Most of the camps that get locked down is not that big deal to me. Golden Efreeti boots is probably the worst group camp only because GEBS stays best in slot for several expansions. These dont bother me though, just farm your plat buy Kronos and use either to barter for it or something else that you want.
    The only thing that bothers me is Epic 1.0 choke points such as the Pegasus Cloak for Mage or the Sk epic, etc etc....now these are a good issue to discuss,but Im not even sure what the Devs can do to fix this (well they could cut out M Q)...players in a good guild can easily take these camps away from Kronos farmers and his boxes thats probably the only solution that there is ever going to be.
  16. snailish Augur

Truebox does most of what it is supposed to, which isn't what everyone thinks it does (based on all the posts about it).

Boxers (once mage armies are out of the picture) aren't really the problem, it is the problem player.

When the problem player is capable of boxing, they are a stronger problem.

We get mad at the problem when it takes our camp... but it's when they take our named that's when we come to the forum with the pitchforks.

The current solution in game is either avoid the problem camps/named, bring enough DPS & toolkit to beat/outsmart the problem player, or just let the bully take your lunch.

What people should probably be asking for is more things to be made nodrop, and the specific high-demand chase loots to be less predictable (so maybe dark elf mask gains a % chance to be a zonewide random in Lower Guk, ditto for Efreeti loots).

While some problem players would still sit on loot rights, removing the tradable high-sale drops reduces the efficiency (narrows the worth the time to do it list).
    Brunlin likes this.
  17. Zansobar Augur

Trueboxing does reduce the number of boxes per boxer...but it doesn't really reduce the number of people boxing that much. However, it does have an impact and that is probably all DBG wanted in the first place, so it that regard it should be seen as successful.
  18. Protocol Dragon Defender

R.i.p Besteva and Inzane.
  19. Atomos Augur

Truebox does make a big difference. There's a large amount of people who aren't into boxing. I never really ran into many issues with boxers on truebox servers, since most people don't want to box. There's a decent amount of people who do, yeah, and there's even a tiny amount of people who abuse it. But please don't act like it makes no difference. Truebox brought me and many others back to EQ who left a long time ago.
  20. Hateseeker Augur

True Box prevents the boxers who don't use third party programs, from boxing all their accounts on one PC, yes. Original poster is referring to the 3rd party program users who are not caught by the TrueBox code.