Truebox code causing disconnects Issue Ticket Created on DBG issue tracker

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Risiko, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Risiko Augur

2. Champ Lorekeeper

DBG may be the first gaming company in history to actively make things harder on it's customers and discourage business. Like a commenter said before, they are playing police, not game developers.

How long can a business stay in business from making things hard on their customers and try to limit their business? Guess we will find out.
    Machen likes this.
  3. Machen New Member

And I responded that I have boxed six characters at once, more than Accipiter, and hit the keys on all 6 a lot faster than he did in the video, and never once gotten disconnected except when I was trying to trigger it. All hotkey stuff, no manual movement, using purely autofollow to move. Other times my wife and I each boxed three, on the same network, and between us we are hitting keys a lot faster than when I am boxing six by myself (and probably 5-10x faster than Accipter in the video.) We played like this almost constantly for the first ~5 months of Phinigel and never had it happen, not once. There's still something more to it.
  4. Illusory Augur

Would it be possible for you guys to post your network topologies?

Essentially: Devices > Switch (Gigabit) > Router (Wifi: Laptops, Tablets, etc.) > Modem (150/150.)

• The 2 desktops I use for gaming are wired and the laptop is wireless.
    • Wired devices are all connected into 16-Port Gigabit switches. Depending on what the device is doing, depends on the switch.
  5. Illusory Augur

(Bah, I keep double posting!! AHH!!!)

I'm reading this forum from a server and I don't see video links in my browsers - so I missed those. I haven't had the chance to read the thread in full detail either.. Let me do that!

(Reads full thread, from a non server.)

Okay, I'll watch the videos when I get home and also try an replicate the issue tomorrow.

However, would you guys post an example of your network layout and hardware, Device Models would help too, and bandwidth from your ISP.
  6. Astley Augur

And that's why I'm saying there is something in there that could 'break it up'... something that could 'reset' the disconnect countdown perhaps.

Like, without realizing it, you may have done whatever it is without realizing it. If your characters were on auto-follow, were they moving periodically in camp?

I have a few other things I suppose could be tested, like having auto-follow on while spamming hotkeys.

If running while spamming the hotkeys doesn't cause a disconnect, it may be partially connected to motion.

When I box, I have my secondary character on auto-follow usually. So my character does periodically move even if I mostly input commands via hotkey.

Or it could be periodic mouse-looking or clicking that resets it, and if you were bumping the mouse every so often it might have adjusted. Not sure. But it still seems logical that there is something they can do to prevent the triggers from happening. The key is figuring out what that is.
  7. Machen New Member

Sometimes yes, mostly no. I had a group of melee toons that moved frequently. And another group of casters that would move to camp, disengage autofollow and then sit in one spot with no moving for hours. I did have a melee main in both groups that was moving frequently, but so does Accipiter.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

• ISP: Cox Cable Las Vegas
    • Router: TP-LINK Archer C5 AC1200 Dual Band Wireless AC Gigabit Router
    • Cable modem: ARRIS / Motorola SurfBoard SB6141 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
    • PCs are wired through TRENDnet 8-Port Unmanaged Gigabit GREENnet Switch to the router
  9. Freki Augur

I will come in and say I haven't seen many disconnects but I have seen some. it hasn't happened to me before, but that doesn't mean it does not happen at all. my opinion as a network tech is that it has to do with the packages and accounts being tied to one isp IP address and correlation of speed of information coming between the two computers packets and things like that. this is only a guess and it could be the way the router that is used works with the data. I don't use the verizon wireless router at all i use my own direct in due to it being ethernet direct in.

What i do have to say is i have seen mention of this day break game issue tracker... and i've heard that it's run by daybreak as well as that it's daybreak sponsored. I just did a whois report and i doubt highly that it is anywhere close to being related to daybreak or even monitored by them. it's based in PANAMA. do with this as you will but I would be learly of using the same user names for daybreak and this site and definitely not the same passwords. here is the whois info:

dgcissuetracker.com registry whois

Updated 1 second ago - Refresh
    Domain Name: DGCISSUETRACKER.COM
    Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 48
    Whois Server: whois.enom.com
    Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
    Name Server: DNS1.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
    Name Server: DNS2.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
    Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
    Updated Date: 25-jul-2016
    Creation Date: 29-apr-2015
    Expiration Date: 29-apr-2017
    dgcissuetracker.com registrar whois
    Updated 1 second ago
    Domain Name: DGCISSUETRACKER.COM
    Registry Domain ID: 1924341369_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.enom.com
    Registrar URL: www.enom.com
    Updated Date: 2016-04-24T05:25:28.00Z
    Creation Date: 2015-04-29T12:28:00.00Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-04-29T12:28:01.00Z
    Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Registrar IANA ID: 48
    Reseller: NAMECHEAP.COM
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
    Registry Registrant ID:
    Registrant Name: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
    Registrant Organization: WHOISGUARD, INC.
    Registrant Street: P.O. BOX 0823-03411
    Registrant City: PANAMA
    Registrant State/Province: PANAMA
    Registrant Postal Code: 00000
    Registrant Country: PA
    Registrant Phone: +507.8365503
    Registrant Phone Ext:
    Registrant Fax: +51.17057182
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email: [IMG]@WHOISGUARD.COM
    Registry Admin ID:
    Admin Name: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
    Admin Organization: WHOISGUARD, INC.
    Admin Street: P.O. BOX 0823-03411
    Admin City: PANAMA
    Admin State/Province: PANAMA
    Admin Postal Code: 00000
    Admin Country: PA
    Admin Phone: +507.8365503
    Admin Phone Ext:
    Admin Fax: +51.17057182
    Admin Fax Ext:
    Admin Email: [IMG]@WHOISGUARD.COM
    Registry Tech ID:
    Tech Name: WHOISGUARD PROTECTED
    Tech Organization: WHOISGUARD, INC.
    Tech Street: P.O. BOX 0823-03411
    Tech City: PANAMA
    Tech State/Province: PANAMA
    Tech Postal Code: 00000
    Tech Country: PA
    Tech Phone: +507.8365503
    Tech Phone Ext:
    Tech Fax: +51.17057182
    Tech Fax Ext:
    Tech Email: [IMG]@WHOISGUARD.COM
    Name Server: DNS1.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
    Name Server: DNS2.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
    DNSSEC: unSigned
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [IMG]@enom.com
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.4252982646
    URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
    >>> Last update of WHOIS database: 2016-04-24T05:25:28.00Z <<<

For more information on Whois status codes, please visit https://icann.org/epp
  10. Risiko Augur

You know at a certain point you just get tired of trying and constantly feeling like you're being beat down for simply wanting a company to support their service for which you have paid.

I've gone above and beyond to try to help explain the issue.

I used the issue tracker site that DBG encourages us to use.

I've made videos displaying the issue twice now.

And, there has been absolutely no response from DBG. Nothing.

I get the point. DBG doesn't care if I'm their customer or not. So, I'm done trying.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

That pretty much sums up where I am at on it.
  12. Astley Augur

This forum is primarily monitored by RadarX who is a community relations guy... essentially glorified moderator, who was gone for about 2 weeks.

You'd really be better off posting it in the Technical support forums and trying to get discussion there from someone like Ngreth or Jchan.

Also, Risiko. Have you attempted some of the points I've discussed above. Have your brother and yourself actively modify your playstyle by adding in some mouse-control movement between casts, or at least keyboard activation of movement to break up the command entry that is being sent to Daybreak.

It might be aggravating, but if you can video yourself doing that, and you STILL have problems at that point, then I could see that there is something else at work here. But for all visible purposes, the code IS working as intended to stop accounts that may be sending too many red-flags of possible automation. It's just that something on your end is making it look like you're automating keystrokes. Since that's not the case, I think there should be something you can do to stop it from happening.

I don't know what your end goal here really is at this point. Have them eliminate the true-box code entirely? That's obviously not going to happen. And they have a policy about not discussing really what elements are behind their anti-cheat efforts, so you're not likely to get a walkthrough on what they're doing behind the scenes.

Your best bet is to actively test what triggers the code for you among some of the suggestions here to find a work around.
  13. Illusory Augur

Try this, plug one desktop into the TP-LINK directly and then plug the other desktop into your Switch. < - - This may work for you.

If the above doesn't work, if you have another router sitting around you could implement a '2 layer' network setup. Essentially, a LAN within a LAN. To do this, run a cable from your TP Link Router (LAN port) to the WAN port of your 2nd Router, and put that 2nd LAN on a subnet that's different from your primary LAN. For example, if your TP-LINK assigns a 192.128.1.x range, I'd use a 172.16.0.x range. Once you can confirm that both routers provide internet access try each desktop on the different networks.

If you have a 3rd router lying around, you could try 2 seperate LANs behind your TP-Link.
  14. Astley Augur

And the issue tracker is filled with stuff that is on their list, but it's a small team so they need to prioritize the most game-breaking issues for everyone first.

I know it's game-breaking for you and Accipiter personally at this point, but it does not appear to affect the vast majority, making it a low priority. Especially when you haven't done a lot of the troubleshooting to find out what the triggers are yourself. What can Daybreak do realistically to troubleshoot it for you without more information? Fly a developer out to your house to see what is going on and get it to stop triggering?
  15. Astley Augur

Thank you to whichever Mod moved this to the Player Support forum from the TLP thread. It does need some addressing.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

I get that. Part of my frustration is that the tech support/customer service people refuse to acknowledge it has anything to do with the true-box code. I would accept, "It looks like a bug. Sorry we can't dedicate any time to it."