True Box

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tyrial, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skattabrainz Augur

/plug

Twisted profits does not give the same raid points to a box.

Their main is the only character that gets full points the others get a percentage.

In case of a literally full raid a main who wants in will kick someone's box.

And we are nice :)

/plug
  2. Febb Augur

Above us, Plane of Sky.
    Imagine all the people logging into today.
  3. Evilrick New Member

If a group of boxed players levels faster than a full group of unique players then y’all really need to rethink your strategy. No matter if they’re using multiple pc or 1 it’s significantly harder to play 4-6 rooms effectively than it is to play 1. There’s 0 chance they should level faster unless A. You’re lazy or B. They just play more. I see literally 50+ people in lfg at any time. Form a group yourself and go xp instead of complaining here
  4. Aurastrider Augur

I don't know why I love these boxing threads when a new TLP opens up so much. Its like watching a video of someone getting hit in the junk knowing its going to happen but you just cant look away even though you know its going to make your insides hurt. Ok I have fulfilled my TLP forum post for the year now back to real life. I expect more flawed boxer hate to get a good laugh when I wake up later today.
    Sikem and Coder Joe like this.
  5. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

That's not how this works, you are confused. Farming something in an MMO means collecting as many of that item as you can. Platinum Sellers collected as much platinum as they could because they were selling it, meaning they were both farmers and sellers. If I go around farming platinum, that doesn't mean I'm going to sell it, but it does mean that at least for a short period of time, I was a Platinum Farmer. The same goes for Krono, and just for the record, those who sell Krono for $ are Real Money Farmers, or RMT'ers.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

/shrug

The P4 came out in 2000. PoP came out in late 2002.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Of course they are. They are a business. Businesses need to make money to survive. Why do people keep accusing DBG of "being in it for the money" as if that's a bad thing?
    Sikem likes this.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Not so much now. Automated boxing using M Q 2 and/or with the help of I S Boxer seems to be ignored. It's not officially approved but DBG absolutely looks the other way.
  9. Aowar Journeyman

I did report t hem. Those players are still in game running around. Why report them when you'll do nothing about it?
  10. Machentoo Augur

Automating gameplay is still officially a bannable offense, if you are not at the keyboard. It is only a grey area if you are at the keyboard. FWIW.
  11. SallyNoLag New Member

Actually that is not what happens if you try to load into a truebox server on a base VM. On a Truebox server you will get a pop up (much like one saying the server is busy cannot connect etc) except telling you that Virtual Machines are not allowed. You do not get banned. With VMware you can make 2 simple config changes and this popup will go away and you can safely box on Vms on Truebox servers. I've 6 boxed with VMs since Phinigel start and on Coirnav with no issues using VMware. You simply turn off the VMware config settings that have it report to the computer its a VM. Its a simpler process than turning off Luclin models.

Also as someone who six boxes with VMs as people mentioned earlier you introduce delays into your hotkeys to maintain the "all nuke at the same time" configuration for equal agro spread and more timely instant killing mobs. You can also introduce this into your hotkey broadcasting software on the third party side. Takes a little touching up till you get a smooth spot that doesn't make you "Truebox" Disconnect. Another alternative to the truebox thing is to subscribe to a reliable VPN service and getting 5 VPN ips. Then they can't detect anything in regard to simultaneous keypresses because as far as they can tell your VMs are now sending keypresses from 6 totally different networks. Reliable VPNs are pretty cheap and often cheaper than an EverQuest subscription.

I might post a walkthrough into VM setup to bypass the truebox detection thing if I get bored enough, but it's late and I need to sleep. This account will get forum banned i'm sure so I'll just have to spin up another VPN and make another one. :D Instructions are easily googlable though, and I think I have posted them on reddit over the past couple years or so too. Just google for VM detection or something.
  12. discordkitty Augur

There's quite an obvious difference between a third party software providing use of the sticky command and bots using auto follow. Most of the 6 boxes I've seen around are using sticky. I've used it before on whatever that was that lets you use all those things.

No bots here on Coirnav though, at all. Nope.

[IMG]
  13. Candystore Augur

Interesting. They are triggers that set off his other computers.

The krono farmer/hacker forums are more active than these forums.

On day 1 I saw 6 boxers cast spells all in-sync on Cornaiv streams. They clearly have access to broadcasting hacks.

The fact casual players are put into competition with these hackers on TLP for loot, is disgusting, casual players are simply exploited on TLP. Krono should have never been on TLP.
    skattabrainz, Hateseeker and Risiko like this.
  14. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

gg lol
  15. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

Is this really on coirnav? This guy did this on phinigel and agnarr in those channels too. I figured he would have learned to fix that by the third server. Its the asian farmers that farm spore king and hiero.
  16. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

I'm curious as to why you guys think anything will be done on a serious level by DBG? These types of players have been around forever and DBG does nothing substantial. They don't need evidence per the ToS. They can cancel an account based on a suspicion. The thing is they make more money off these guys than they do off the solo players therefore they value them more. They are a business and out to make money. They aren't bringing in new people to EQ so why would they ban the largest portion of their paying customer base?

Y'all need to get real about this. It's never going to happen on a serious level. DBG could enforce it but they won't. They aren't going to hurt their cash flow like that.
  17. nagash101 Augur

There is no way someone can distinguish if they are true boxing or running multiple accounts on the same system. It isn't hard to run 2 to 4 account efficiently with multiple account. 4+ is a bit harder but doable for sure without using any software to help.
  18. Diadem New Member

A few of these players have been around on the other servers yes; but it has never been such a widescale problem as it is now. I played on both Phinny and Agnarr for the first few expansions and did not see anywhere near the amount of 4-6 boxers on both those servers combined as there is on Coirnav. They are everywhere now. Extremely dissapointing when wanting to play a server that supposedly limits boxing and I can guarantee you has turned quite a few people away from the server. If people weren't able to use these VMs and 3rd party programs there would be nowhere near as many boxers as there is now.
  19. Aziuno Augur

In most cases these box armies are 6x better customers than you are.

Leave Britney alone!
  20. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

DBG should make a no boxing server and ban accounts even suspected of boxing. It's really not hard to tell if somebody is boxing ( legit or not ) and they could put a huge clamp on it. They say in another thread about coirnav ( about xp ) that they have taken away a lot from this server. This server, imo, shows they haven't learned from the past servers at all so believing that they learned anything from Coirnav is a false hope at best. They won't do any of this because money. That's what it all boils down to and that's fine. My 1 account isn't worth the 4 or 6 somebody else uses. I understand this and that's fine. It just turns me off from servers like Coirnav along with the horrible xp. I'll be back for the next one to see if they learned anything.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.