True Box

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tyrial, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Candystore Augur

Virtual machines are borderline undetectable at this point. And for good reason, VM are used to analyze malware in a secure environment.

Symantec has a good article about this, malware is increasingly unable to detect they are inside a VM.

"For the last two years, the percentage of malware that detects VMware hovered around 18 percent with a short spike at the beginning of 2014 where it reached 28 percent. On average, one in five malware samples will detect virtual machines and abort execution. This means that malware still detects if it is running on a VM, but only in some minor cases."

If advanced malware is unable to detect they are in a VM, EQ isn't detecting it either.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Hi, my name is Accipiter and I'm a krono farmer.

Do you know what that means? It means I play a game that I like (most often with a RL friend) and at some point I have excess loot. I sell that excess loot for platinum. I turn that platinum into krono. I use that krono to pay for my game time. I currently have about 150 krono to show for the past 3 years of play. Yep, I'm a farmer. Deal with it.
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, wrong. Just because you can't conceive of 6 boxing being done legitimately doesn't mean it doesn't happen. It's not hard, honestly.
  4. Accipiter Old Timer

Uh... if you have VMs, why would you need Synergy? Think about it.
  5. Candystore Augur

No. Krono farmers farm Krono in EQ and resell it for real money, undercutting DBG's Krono price.

If you are involved in that DBG will ban you. So don't joke about it.

They're people like these:

[IMG]
  6. Hateseeker Augur

The reason that I'm asking whether Daybreak is able to prevent it on their end, or if it's because of the cooperation of the devs of the program is because, if prevention relies solely on the 3rd party program's cooperation, how do we know there isn't some other obscure program out there that can "broadcast commands to other computers"?
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Wrong. I'm going to mouse over to each PC just so I can hit a key on that PC? Talk about inefficient.
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

Yeah, but the first iterations didn't work very well. Your average PC was a Pentium 4 with 4 GB RAM. Later on I could box 3 on one PC. Actually, now that I've said that, I'm not sure I used EQWindows. I used another app that allowed multiple instances of EQ to share in-memory resources.
  9. TheRealAtabishi Journeyman

lol I feel like Candystore think's he's cracking some case and bringing attention to something unknown. It's actually hilarious. Did you just download EQ yesterday? You're prob the 1000th person on the eq forums who has posted and complained about all this crap while making dozens of false assumptions.
  10. Brunnt ForceTrauma Lorekeeper

They *can* but on live the usage is too prolific. That is why TrueBox was born. There are a ton of non-eq specific programs that do what you are talking about those. Those aren't as easy to detect - but TrueBox attempts to do this by looking at key press delays etc - this is why people playing in the same house often get disconnected when mashing keys.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

The creator/maintainer of M Q 2 has since locked it down even further on true box servers. He has posted here recently that he is confident no bootlegged copies of that software are running on true box servers.
  12. BearmanSW Elder

No true-box + instanced raiding = I'm re-opening 4 accounts so I can 6-box.

FV Loot rules optional.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

What part of my post made you think I'm involved in anything like that?
  14. Machentoo Augur

Because he's delusional and thinks that any 6 boxer MUST be involved in that. He can't conceive of any other reason you would six box.
    Accipiter likes this.
  15. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

+1 this is why I box, for my own freedom. When I used to group with people I felt bad if I had to afk or leave sooner than expected, now a days people want you to find your own replacement if youre CC or healer etc. I dont want that guilt or stress. I like to play in spurts and I like to make sure I get the most xp/hour out of those spurts. Making my own ideal group comp helps that too. I dont want to group with some naked melee that are half afk not holding their own weight, or have like two druids in a group etc. I min max my time and like to be able to stop/start playing at any moment.

Also as said, any laptop in the last 10 years can run EQ. How many times have I upgraded my desktop in the last 10 years? A lot. I had a ton of old cases/parts that I just made into new computers that run EQ no problem. Plus refurbished laptops for $100..

ALSO ALSO - you are all wasting your time crying about these "6 boxers that somehow cast all at the same time." As I stated in a previous thread, there was a 22 boxer on Agnarr. Reported by multiple people, videos of him casting at the same time (AE puller/killer), and each report the GM did nothing. It wasnt until he was proven to be RMTing that they banned him. They didnt care that all 22 characters were casting at the same time. So good luck crying about broadcasting programs, they havent enforced that since classic of phinigel. Multiplicity is one program, another is called input director. I dont use these but thats what people say on other forums to 6 box. Maybe once enough people learn about these programs DBG will actually enforce broadcasting ban.
    OldMan likes this.
  16. Candystore Augur

You said you were a krono farmer, which implies reselling krono for real money, just like platinum farmers did in the past.

If you are just using krono to pay for your subscription, then you're not a krono farmer.

Be careful calling yourself a krono farmer next time, most people associate this with reselling of krono for real money.
  17. Candystore Augur

I never said any of that. Stop trolling.

I said it's likely that a large part of 6 boxers are krono farmers, which is probably the truth.

I never once said or even suggested that all of them are.
  18. Vashnoob Lorekeeper

Some people make 200-400 krono in the first week or two of a server launch. You can buy refurbished laptops $100 each, do the math.

ALSO for all of those that think vmware works, I invite you to go to https://www.vmware.com/ and install it, then try to play EQ on it. Enjoy your automated ban, the same automated ban that existed for vmware before true box existed. EQ has always searched for this process and banned people automatically (not instantly but day later?) for this.

What they need to do is ban the obvious asian farmers that mass level 10-15 accounts at a time. Everyone knows who they are. I've seen them on coirnav now, third server in a row. Them SOBs are committed trainers, watch out. They have the same names as agnarr and phinigel.. spore king farmers.
  19. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

This sentence is funny
  20. Candystore Augur

Not really, none of what I write is funny.

Just talking about krono farmers seems to get some individuals riled up.

I'm under no illusion that there are krono farmers posting in this thread who would prefer if I kept my mouth shut.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.