Troll Beastlords - Pet?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xerzist, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Xerzist Augur

Do Troll Beastlords not get the crocodile anymore?
  2. Yther Augur

Basilisk
    Rainbowdash likes this.
  3. Xerzist Augur

Lame, croc was much cooler.
    Recnarp and Rainbowdash like this.
  4. Treesong Elder

Oddly enough, our AA Bestial Alignment that changes you in the likeness of your Warder, does change us into the old fashioned Croc model.
    I remember lots of beastlords were unhappy with the change to the basilisk, I was one of them, I liked the old style croc a lot better, still do. I also remember people saying they could not change it back, due to the infamous "global file" or something (croc graphics could not be shown in every zone?) but I could be just making up things now. Anyway, seems to me that since Bestial Alignment works everywhere, we could get our Croc warder back!
    Mykaylla and Rainbowdash like this.
  5. Rainbowdash Augur

PLEASE reverse this Sony. Please? :(

Bring the old crocodile back. Basilisk makes little sense as a troll warder anyway tbh :p
    Xerzist likes this.
  6. Sinestra Augur

Another bad decision that they make excuses as to why they can't revert it.
  7. Izcurly Augur

Regardless of the reasons for the original change, the change was so many years ago that changing it back would NOW be a worse decision than leaving it alone. It's now only the old-timers that even remember the croc, much less whine about it. Just imagine the whining if the basilisk lovers had their basilisk taken away.
    Yther likes this.
  8. Sinestra Augur

They could easily with almost no effort, just poll the players and let them decide.
  9. Rainbowdash Augur

I've seen far more people that enjoy the croc than people that enjoy the current basilisk.

Besides, it literally makes zero sense from a lore standpoint. The basilisk is less a beast and more a magical creature. One, mind you, that can occasionally be pretty sentient. Furthermore, their Alignment forms is still a croc, and no where in EQ has a basilisk ever really been tied to a Troll before now. There aren't really any basilisks in Innothule, if any at all. (I can't recall if there were for sure, I know there were several in Butcherblock and Rathe Mountains)

If people would complain that much, it'd be far easier, and more beneficial imo, to make a petamorph of the Basilisk and swap the Troll beast pet back.
    Sinestra likes this.
  10. Izcurly Augur

Whatever validity is in your arguments is irrelevant. The reality is that if it was going to be reverted, the original outcry (against which this thread doesn't even measure) would have accomplished it.

The petamorph idea does have merit, assuming you're smart enough to ask for a croc illusion for the pet rather than demanding code changes and ending up with nothing.
  11. Mykaylla Augur

The croc is an odd model that sometimes sinks into the ground at funny angles, is why. It's a geometry thing.

I still wish it were the warder though- much cooler than the basilisk.
  12. Xerzist Augur

Sony. If you change it back to the croc, ill pay you the money for a race change.
    Mykaylla likes this.