Fixed Internally Troll beastlord warder shrink bug

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Gaarbage, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Gaarbage Journeyman

When summoning the troll beastlord warder (basilisk model), the initial pet cast by level 113 Spirit of Blizzent cannot be shrunk. Tiny Companion, Group Shrink, Single Target Shrink etc. do not work. The other 22 warder summon spells do not have this issue.

Current work arounds to allow the pet to shrink:
    1. Zone.
    2. Suspend pet, then unsuspend pet.
    3. Cast illusion on pet, cast shrink spells, then click off illusion buff.

I noticed this in beta for CoV, and when tested on other beastlords during beta, I do not recall encountering a problem for barbarian, iksar, ogre, vah shir, and wood elf.
    Mukkul, Zanarnar and Duder like this.
  2. Duder Augur

Have seen the same thing. Never thought it might be exclusive to troll beastlords/basilisk pets, but as my beastlord is a troll, it's all making sense now ;) Very easily reproduced.
    minimind likes this.
  3. Malbro Augur

Vah Shir BST warder can be shrunk after casting.
    minimind likes this.
  4. Gaarbage Journeyman

The large unshrinkable pawn from the Ogre Heritage crate in this bug thread below reminded me of the unshrinkable basilisk model for troll beastlords, maybe there is a common fix?

Animated Pawn Familiar cannot be Shrunk | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com)

Options 1 and 2 noted above at the beginning of the post no longer work. The only way to make a small basilisk pet is to cast an illusion on it, shrink it, then click off the illusion.

Other information:
    Certain pet models seem to allow for large scale giant pets like the Metmorph Totem Ankylosaurus or the Visage of the Tyrannorsarus Hatchling. Other pets don't make such a big size jump maybe dinos have a bigger scaling factor, which seems logical. Perhaps there is a size limit or scale factor to certain illusion models for PC and NPC?
  5. Duder Augur

It has gotten worse. The troll’s warder may not be shrunk by any means, surely you could have an illusion for it that gets it to a smaller size but the base basilisk’ size be changed by any means.
  6. Cadira Augur

My troll beastlord's pet from Spirit of Blizzent (lvl 113 pet) appears immune to shrink spells.

His pet focus is from Summoner's Ascending Sun Earring (em 27). Did not test other ranks of em or lack thereof.

His pet shrink clicky from multiple sources has no effect on his size. Worked on all other pets up until this time.

Never added shrink to his blocked buffs, but to be fair I haven't checked to see if it somehow got slipped in by some crazy force.

Maybe my lizard is just big boned, idk, but god damn!
  7. Gaarbage Journeyman

8. Meeko Developer(Code)

The cause of this issue has been located and is now being tracked internally.

Thanks for the report.