Tried out the live server ... so lost ..

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by nostalgicfool, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Geroblue Augur

When I start a new toon, I do the quests to get the kobold skull charm. Then I go over to Arias and /say I am ready to leave.

That puts my character in POK, plane of knowledge. Then I head up to the top of the library, center of the zone, and talk to Arias' wife. The barbarian in the entrance. She has a number of 'getting aquanted with POK quests' that can get you up a level.

Then I go to Guild Lobby, or ask out in POK, for Temperance and resist poinson.

Then log out to charactger select, and go back into the turtorial. Get the small spiders quest, and take on spiders until I get a iron bar to drop. Go to Absor and get a better weapon, just try to drop the iron bar on him and a Give window opens up.

Then I go over to the tunel exit, by the waterfall, and go to Crescent Reach.

I have been able to get up to level 18 in CR. Then I go out to Blightfire and take on the quest for 4 rat and snake skin drops. The snakes can do some good damage to your character, 14 hp damage per 6 seconds, so you may need to refresh the resist poison. You want to try and get your poison save above 110.

There are potion sellers in POK. healing, mana, and speed of weapon swing. Those are good if you have the plat.

Don't attack the barrels in the tutorial. use /open on them. I find you get more items that way. Sometimes you get a backpack. Sell any forlorn bows and arrows your character doesn't need, you can use the money. There are spel sellers in the tutorial, but all spells are sold in the library. /find is your friend in POK. Some zones /find doesn't work well.

Hope thats helpful.
    Shaeda, code-zero and High Voltage like this.
  2. High Voltage Augur

Go to Secalna Galnor (Tutorials) in PoK and /say send to her, she will send you to the tutorial zone.
  3. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

go to delores the female troll under the bridge and hail her
  4. Aurastrider Augur

have you tried this while in shroud mode? Just curious if anyone can confirm either way if this works or not for getting back in. It would be nice to knock out the tutorial achievement on a couple of toons that were to high level to go back in when achievements were introduced.
  5. High Voltage Augur

She will only send you back if you are level 10 or lower, shroud does not work.

Btw, the tutorial achievements are not gained within the tutorial zone, but by solving the quests from Secalna Galnor (Tutorials) iirc.
  6. Aurastrider Augur

damn you are correct. I never actually looked at the specific quests I just saw the title Tutorial out of Gloomingdeep and assumed it pertained to Gloomingdeep. Now I can knock this off the list.
  7. Geroblue Augur

I also suggest a Potion of Adventure. Each character can one freebie one, one time, from the in game store. Get it before you do the get aquainted in POK quests. It will help a bit, but not lots. It certainly helps in the tutorial and CR.

The young pumas in the CR cave are good. Along with the gnolls across the stream in CR. Warning, sometimes the ogre skeletons will come down to the group of 4 gnolls up the hill from the rocks the gnolls are around. They are higher level than the gnolls.