Tribute

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Brosa, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Brosa Augur

End game content
    Are there useful tributes (personal or guild) for healing?
    Also as a shaman when not MH are there useful tributes for dps?
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

might look at these i think this is correct.

The DD tribute, Power of Will - nuke you cast.
    The DoT tribute, Power of Suffering -damage over time spell you cast.
  3. fransisco Augur

tribute doesn't stack with gear focus, does it?
  4. Yther Augur

No, tribute is the same as worn, so you only get the best or most appropriate (some spell foci have many limitations, which could indicate having several different worn of similar types). How to read Spell Data information and how to determine sticking and stacking may help out, and the post linked at the bottom ( http://everquest.allakhazam.com/for...138667&page=1&howmany=50#m1267642684137377554 ) may also, as it explains how multiple similar worn foci can help with different spells.

I don't know that foci that would be essential, since at the higher end / raid you should have better than what Tribute offers, but Heroic stats, and stat cap raising Tribute may be of some use, as well as some of the other items that are more focused on tanks and dps, but useable by others. See http://eq.zam.com/wiki/Tribute and specifically Second Chance, the AC, HP, and Mana ones, and the ones between Vengeful Aura and Swift Arms.

Yther Ore.
  5. CrazyLarth Augur

Yther likes this.
  6. Yther Augur

Thanks, I usually don't typo the wiki links :p Your's is correct, I left out the EQ: part.

Yther Ore.
  7. Mykaylla Augur

As has been mentioned, the spell foci from regular tributes do not stack with worn foci. The healing one is substantially lower than you can get off gear- it's a stopgap if you're missing a neck/arms (for a shaman).
    There are, however, two tribute foci that are higher than you can get off gear- even raid gear.
    Twinge of Pain is 33% worn spell haste for long-term detrimental spells only. The highest you can get otherwise is 23%, off raid legs.
    Visions of Suffering is 25% worn mana preservation for long-term detrimental spells only. The highest you can get otherwise is 22%, off raid shoulders.
    Necromancers use both of these, and as a dotting and debuffing class, they could be useful for you too (if only to get it all on the mobs faster and cheaper so you can get back to healing)