Tribute Stacking

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Heajol, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Heajol Augur

I've always been slack with tribute, but am starting to learn how to use it. I have a question about stacking. For example does the tribute "Fury of Combat" stack with legs "Ferocity"?
  2. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

Stacking can be complicated when I was looking for info on tribute stacking the other day. Basically, though, my understanding from all of that is that tribute is like "worn" effects, so I would not expect a tribute effect to stack with a worn effect that does the same thing.

I tested out things like spell haste and spell damage from tribute vs. worn focus effects, and they did not stack. The focus message from casting the spell was whichever was higher.
  3. OlavSkullcrusher Augur

I wanted to add that this really reduces the usefulness of many tribute effects beyond lower levels. By the time you're in at heroic level (85), the focus effects for damage are like 50%+, but the tribute spell damage stays at 20% regardless of tier. Same with spell haste, buff duration, and so on. The tribute effects are all well below what people are going to have on gear.
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

Yes, these two are different things, they stack just fine. Assuming no other effects/aa are in play, ferocity increases the value of fury of combat (as a flurry check occurs only upon as a result of a triple attack).

Fury of Combat tribute adds line 1 = flurry +X%

Ferocity on legs adds double attack increase , minimum hit damage increase and triple attack increase.